1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[2011 all-star game] West vs East

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by GlenRice, Feb 19, 2011.

?

Who will win

1. East

46 vote(s)
    33.6%
  2. West

91 vote(s)
    66.4%
  1. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Wow how did the NBA ASG get Rihanna, Drake, Kanye, Josh Grobin, and Lenny Kravitz while the Superbowl only got the Black Eyed Peas, Usher, Christina Aguilera, and Slash.

Considering how much bigger the superbowl is and how much bigger of a budget they have I am surprised that the NBA got both more current performers (usher and bep released albums a year ago) as well as better live performances.

NFL is slacking or what? Not even counting that the NBA got Cee-Lo Green, Far East Movement, and Cali Swag district yesterday.

NBA choice of music >>>> NFL choice of music

NBA halftime show >>>>>>>> NFL halftime show

2. Mr. Space City

becuase the nba is more urban than the nfl.

the nfl is too pc. seems like after that janet jackson fiasco they seem to go for corny acts now.

3. apollo33

apollo33 Member

I think it has more to do with the fact NBA all star weekend is held in LA, most stars live there anyways, so they don't have to travel and all that

4. goodbug

goodbug Contributing Member

Funny how LeBron started to play well when it's garbage time and the west didn't come back on fastbreak. Nobody's gonna risk injury in an all star game to stop LeBron when he's in full speed.

Kobe got his points through post up fade-away, 3pts, and 10 offensive rebounds. He didn't try to draw a foul running the break every time. And sure I wasn't expecting double team like Johnson and LeBron did to Kobe in an exhibition game.

5. goodbug

Becaues Bron's busy doubling Kobe. LOL

6. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

hopefully you have saved up for the donation.

7. Octavianus

Octavianus Member

Amazing when and how the haters come out for Lebron.
    He got a triple double, let people still bag him in the game.

WOW...

8. goodbug

There're 26 games to play and it's not a done deal, but don't worry about that. If I lose, I won't disappear like Clippy and show again like nothing had happened. I still get paid 6 digits, good enough to cover it.

9. clippy

clippy Member

Yes, it's a done deal. You have zero chance of winning either of those bets, so you may as well pay up now. However, I think we all know that this is not going to happen.

LOL @your bashing me for leaving a basketball forum during the off-season. Is there really so much to talk about to visit every day then?

Double LOL @you for trying to stir up more Lebron hate for an exhibition game in which he was the best player.

Triple LOL @you just for being you.

10. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Geez guys getting worked up over the All star game?

Lebron's triple double don't mean jack because all star game is where people F Around..

Kobe's MVP don't mean jack because all star game is where people F around..

This thread needs to be closed now before people start Kobe vs Lebron again..

11. Octavianus

Octavianus Member

One of the rare times I agree with you, lock the thread.
    It's always the Kobe fan boys who come on and bash Lebron.
    Kobe and Lebron both played great, no need to bash them.