1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2010 Vegas Summer League

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Hayesfan, May 3, 2010.

1. mikeyharris

mikeyharris Member

No Brad Newley?

2. wyo-ming

wyo-ming Rookie

SO DID DORSEY Mike Harris Von Wafer Will Conroy it is too ease the pain of the off season for the fan sort of a constant contact for the n.b.a. god for da biz man N.B.A. IS SMART LIKE THAT one of 1st in year round marketing

3. m_cable

m_cable Contributing Member

You know what will happen, whatever PG shows promise for us will be signed by Rio Grande and will play there until we need to call them up.

4. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Wha? :confused:

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  5. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

[​IMG]

6. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I think the team has given up on him.....the only ones they seem to care about in the Euro league anymore are Maarty and Sergio.

Hey Bud ! Let's Maarty !

DD

7. Rocket_4_Life

Rocket_4_Life Member

I'm looking forward to seeing what Trevon Hughes can do. He has a decent shot and appears to play good defense...

We could use a third PG. I also like the idea of bringing in Randy Foye who can play both guard positions.

8. AKRocketsFan

AKRocketsFan Member

The Summer league is fun to watch. But in terms if gauging what these guys can, do in the league it's worse the NBDL. Better than an arena football though. :)

9. BoomTown

BoomTown Member

Im so excited to see these young guys play!

even though it is only summer league i am looking forward to seeing what Patterson can bring to the table

c-bud and jhill will hopefully put on a show as well...

10. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

A lot more fun than the daily Bosh stuff.

11. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I look at our roster and I feel we are going to BEAST!!!! again.

BuD, JT, Hill, Patterson and Ishmael Smith that's already a pretty legit starting squad.

12. Air Force

Air Force Member

anyhow this team will be much stronger than that of last season. It is possible Rocket will be the fierce match to LAkers.

13. Rocketfanatic2

I'm interested to see how quite a few players do this year. Last year, I only wanted to see Budinger and Taylor show their stuff. However, this years roster includes more people who can contribute in my opinion. Well, here they are.

Budinger: Like most of us, I am interested in seeing how Chase will develop in his second year in the league. Watching him in Vegas could give us a glimpse of what to expect this year.

Jermaine Taylor: Although somewhat of a disappointment last year, he showed some serious talent and potential. I think Taylor will be the most improved player this year for our team. Hoping to see some dominant performances in Las Vegas.

Jordan Hill: Last years 8th pick in the draft, Hill showed major skills for us in the last part of the season. Has a very high ceiling and much more room to grow and develop. We could be looking at a real stud right in front of our eyes.

Patrick Patterson: This years 14th pick must be pretty darn good to be listed 6th on Moreys list. Seeing him a few times at Kentucky makes me agree with Morey, this kid is special. He has the right attitude and behavior to be a Rocket, and the never give up mentality that seems to live here.

Ishmael Smith: The quick guard from Wake Forest could quietly make a spot on the roster if he works hard and pushes himself. He's got the talent to do it, but will he prove it in Vegas.

Trevon Hughes: The bulky guard from Wisconsin is a good player to have on a summer league roster because he could easily become a solid player in this league. I was fortunate enough to see him a few times at Wisconsin, and honestly, I was really impressed by his play. Probably won't make the team, but he's the type of player who could surprise a few of us.

Maarty Leunen: I was extremely high on him last year. I go into this year hoping he's improved even more and is ready to step up and possibly earn a spot on this team.

14. m_cable

m_cable Contributing Member

Damn, the Rockets have gone 22-3 in the past five summer league seasons. We really are the kings of summer.

Getting excited about seeing our guys in action.

15. Garner

Garner Member

When is the Rockets next summer game?

16. DaDakota

<object width="388" height="394" classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" id="ep"><param name="allowfullscreen" value="true" /><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always" /><param name="wmode" value="transparent" /><param name="movie" value="http://i.cdn.turner.com/nba/nba/.element/swf/1.1/cvp/nba_embed_container.swf?context=rockets&videoId=teams/rockets/2010/07/07/IshSmithMOV-1367677" /><param name="bgcolor" value="#000000" /><embed src="http://i.cdn.turner.com/nba/nba/.element/swf/1.1/cvp/nba_embed_container.swf?context=rockets&videoId=teams/rockets/2010/07/07/IshSmithMOV-1367677" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" bgcolor="#000000" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" width="388" wmode="transparent" height="394"></embed></object>

Ishmal Smith talks Rox summer league, and whom is he most impressed with?

See my sig !

;)

DD

17. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

friday 3pm PST vs phoenix

18. DaDakota

You are going to be there, right?

I really enjoy your Summer league reports.

They personalize the board so well.

DD

19. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

i'll be there for the first 3 games, fri,sat,sun

i think HayesFan may be at the last game on the 14th

20. DaDakota

I imagine Vegas is much cheaper when you are there for basketball...lol.

DD