1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2010 Vegas Summer League

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Hayesfan, May 3, 2010.

1. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

there is no assigned seating usually for the first weekend there are games ONLY in the cox pavillion and come late sunday or monday they open up both gyms and you just go between the two gyms. There is only one entrance and just show them your ticket there.

The two buildings are connected, cox is at an elevated level though so you walk over to thomas & mack and then have to go down a bunch fo stairs to get closer to the court or you can just stay at the top (around the area of like the uppers seats of the 2nd level of a basketball arena) if you dont want to walk down or not.

your ticket is good for all games all day long so you can go back and forth between games and sit wherever you want if there is an open seat (granted you cannot sit courtside unless you buy a courtside ticket)

most games are not too crowded unless they are a)showcasing a very high profile rookie or b) a lakers summer league game

2. showtang043

showtang043 Member

Thanks yoyo, why would you say courtside is not worth it. I went ahead and got row AAA seats because I figure for 100 bucks seeing some of the top picks go at it front row would be fun since ill never pay an extra 0 for the nba reg season games, what were the pros and cons, its still front row right?

3. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

it is front row but for that much of a price jump i dont find it worth it especially when I can sit 2-3 rows back, still be real close to the action for a fraction of the cost.

the players will always be pretty accessible (save for the super star rookies who have a swam of "fans") before/after games...especially on opening weekend when games are only played in cox pavillion you get to see less games courtside until monday when they open up thomas and mack as well.

if you are only go for one day then courtside isnt bad, but if you going to go multiple days i just dont see a huge bonus value in it. The cost of my tickets for the 3 days I'll be there will still be cheaper than the cost of 1 days' ticket of sitting courtside.

4. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

5. Egghead

Egghead Member

Arent the games gonna be on NBAtv this year?

6. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

Last year I believe the Rockets had one game on NBAtv... this year maybe not any. Most of the games will be Lakers, Washington (John), etc... not the Rockets.

I think they did one game a day or so.

7. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

sweet, surprised to see Chase being there, since he really has nothing to prove, then again, may come out with the MVP of the league :)

I'll be there representing with my CBud and JHill jerseys, of course both "if necessary" as if they'll still be on the team by july 9th....

8. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

how about this become a sticky when the games start up so you don't have to bump?

9. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

That is a nice summer league tea, but will most likely need a PG to keep Taylor from dominating the ball.

10. LCII

LCII Contributing Member

CBud, Patrick, and Hill will have big games in the Vegas SL.

11. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

Actually I remember him having a great game while playing against Air Langhi who was taring up the summer league.

I also remember the announcers being enamored with Rusty Larue the spare Utah point guard.

#71 crash5179, Jun 25, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2010
  12. rockets88MT

rockets88MT Member

PG:?
    SG: Jermaine Taylor
    SF:Chase Budinger
    PF:patrick Patterson
    C:Jordan Hill

13. G-Money

G-Money Member

Nic Wise :grin:

14. rocketblaze

rocketblaze Member

They could invite Alexey Shved, a 6'5, 21yr old PG with good athleticism and good court vision -was projected as an early 2nd rounder but went undrafted on draft night- could be a solid pickup!

Great Summer League starting lineup!
    PG: Shved 6'5
    SG: Taylor 6'4
    SF: Budinger 6'7
    PF: Patterson 6'9
    C: Hill 6'10

--RB

15. rockets88MT

rockets88MT Member

LOL true

16. rockets88MT

rockets88MT Member

Can Will Conroy still play or he is too experienced?

17. PeppermintCandy

Don't know if he can or will, but Conroy or another PG off the Vipers team would make the most sense - someone who can run the Rockets system instead of having to learn it on the fly.

18. rocketblaze

rocketblaze Member

Another good pick up for a PG on our summer league roster would be Scottie Reynolds, he could have a chance at making our roster!

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/wNZX7FeS74s&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/wNZX7FeS74s&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

--RB

19. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

But he does have things to IMprove, which is why he'll be there, I think.

He could use the time to work on his floor game, on-ball defense, and passing.

20. asmith8266

asmith8266 Member

I happened to be in Vegas last summer around this time and caught Anthony Randolph drop 50. Still sport my Randolph man crush.

Question:
    Didn't they make you pay to watch the games online last year? Also, did they put the games on after they were over for replay purposes?