1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2010 Vegas Summer League

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Hayesfan, May 3, 2010.

1. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

I don't think that's right because I know DeMarcus signed his a couple of days ago. Or maybe he just agreed to sign.

2. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

agreed i dont think anyone could sign until today since today/last night is when the salary cap for the 10-11 season came out.

he may have just agreed to sign the standard contract for a #5 pick or they just had the press conference most of the time they'll have their picks sign right away...maybe cousins, wall will sign today since their SL play wont start till later in the week. Turner is already playing right now so philly may wait till he is back to do all that stuff.

i could be wrong but i think there would have been more hoopla/news if any of the big name rookies had signed, so far there hasnt been yet. really for the 1st round picks is a formality if the team wants the player to be on the team next season they'll get their contract. Some of the euro prospects though may just stay overseas for right now and develop more and then come over. of course the contract structure then may cause issues when it comes to a buyout. Thats why euros prefer to be second round picks so they can have a front loaded deal which will let them pay the buyout legally.

3. Stevierebel

Stevierebel Contributing Member

Greene signed a waiver in order to play in the summer league before his deal was finalized. Patterson could do the same thing if it gets to that point.

4. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

But wasn't that mostly because the Rockets didn't want his salary to count if they traded for him? If they love PP as much as they've said, what's the benefit of waiting?

5. Stevierebel

Stevierebel Contributing Member

What do you mean if they traded for him? The draft night trade was already in place and he was a member of the Rockets by the start of summer league. Obviously that changed soon after the league was over. He was signed by the Rockets though before he was shipped to Sacramento, it's why we had to wait 30 days for the trade to become official.

I'm sure Patrick will have a deal done soon. Far easier for contracts to be finalized in the NBA compared to the other professional leagues.

6. T FOR 3!!!

T FOR 3!!! Member

I will be out of town (and without internet) the 12th-19th, are they going to keep the games on the sight to be watched afterwards. They did this a couple years ago, but i dont want to pay to watch 2 games.... but i might anyways :rolleyes:

7. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

I actually find myself wanting to watch this game tomorrow pretty bad. Not working so I don't see why not. Will try to find the game on the web, but hopefully Patterson shows whats up.

8. anchel

anchel Member

What is the Euro league? Maarty's team does not play the Euroleague.
    ;)

9. cmiller

cmiller Contributing Member

So you have to pay again this summer to view games online?

cmiller

10. RedRowdy111

RedRowdy111 Contributing Member

What time is the game, and does anyone have a link to watch it on? Thanks in advance.

11. RocketRaccoon

RocketRaccoon Contributing Member

5 pm - NBA TV

Also, they have been showing reruns of the Orlando games so I don't know why they won't show reruns of the Vegas games. (maybe they were just filling time slots and with more games to show, there might not be that many reruns.)

No info on internet showings.

12. jump shooter

jump shooter Contributing Member

Im looking for a link as well.

13. RedRowdy111

RedRowdy111 Contributing Member

Dang it....I dont think Uverse has NBATV

14. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Have the released the starting line ups for the game yet?

I'm not sure exactly who the Suns have available to play, Robin Lopez? Goran Dragic?

Or do they just set this out right before the game begins?

15. Rocket4Life11

Rocket4Life11 Contributing Member

16. Thefabman

Thefabman Member

are the games posted on here for download afterwards?

17. Da_Spark

Da_Spark Member

Bit confused with the time difference. How many more hours till rockets game from now?

18. Woohoo777

Woohoo777 Member

19. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Your profile says you're in Planet Rockets so I'd assume this is code for Houston. So Central Standard Time would be 3 PM.

I know cause I had to DVR the game since I'll be at el trabajo. :(

20. weslinder

weslinder Contributing Member

I'll be playing golf. Will there be any chance to watch the first game online later?