1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2010 Rockets Free Agents

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ccjj, Jul 5, 2008.

1. ccjj

ccjj Contributing Member

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?page=FreeAgents-09-10

I wonder what would the 2010 Rockets look like!! And ETO is early termination option?

Edit:

And WOW.... take a look at the rest of the free agent list, names include LBJ, Wade, Amare, Nash, Dirk, Manu, Bosh, Joe Johnson, Josh Howard.... and you add Tmac and Yao to the list..... :eek:

#1 ccjj, Jul 5, 2008
    Last edited: Jul 6, 2008
  2. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

this next yr could most likely be the last yr of the tmac-yao duo. by 2010, the team could look VERY different if we don't make any advancements in the playoffs.

3. csux

csux Rookie

but look at the bright side:

These people will become tradable asset since they will be expiring!!!

RESTRICTED
    Mike Harris
    Steve Novak
    Luther Head

UNRESTRICTED
    Steve Francis
    Bobby Jackson
    Loren Woods

WEEE, can you say KAAA---CHING! I mean that's like 10mil of expiring contracts!!

4. Agentzero

Agentzero Rookie

I think it makes no sense that we have so many expirig contracts in 2010,we will have to re-sign these guys otherwise we'll have less than ten guys on our roster list.As a result , there will be no cap room left for us to sign LBJ ,ARS,etc.
    I don't think Yao will opt out in 2010,because he won't get more in any other team, including money and ring.Then we will rebuild our team with Yao . So it's better for morey to trade these guys like scola for some longer contracts,or trade the 10-expiring contracts for some lottery picks and rookies who will act greatly while earing little.Just reserve rafer and Tmac's contracts to clear up caproom in 2010's summer for LBJ. :eek:

5. TheGreat

TheGreat Member

LMAO @ PEOPLE THAT ARE GOING TO TRY TO GET LEBRON, LEBRON IS GOING TO FOOL THEM ALL AND RESIGN!

6. inthepaint

inthepaint New Member

how long is durant's contract? no way he would want to stay in Oklahoma.

7. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

Resign or re-sign? There is a huge difference. ;)

8. Roxxx4life

Roxxx4life Member

that is one heck on a free agent list... time to clear some cap space :D

9. StaticC4

StaticC4 Member

Hmm I think in 2011 his contract is up since he was drafted in 07 and he got a 4 year contract.

10. Alvin Choo

Alvin Choo Member

We can stop dreaming, as no one would wants to come to houston. Most will extend their contract, while the likes of Lebron, wade and carmelo, will want a bigger stage and a bigger city.

And only reason if the older players wants to come to rox is if rox gives them a championship run, which is unlikely at the moment.

11. FFz

FFz Member

wait a ****ing minute... Mike Harris has a guaranteed contract?

12. Raven

Raven Member

Would it be completely surprising if Scola was the only current Rocket still on the team in three years?

13. csux

csux Rookie

a pessimistic rockets' summer...

...as usual

14. TXRoxBBall

TXRoxBBall Member

No way does Yao leave the Rockets, he's like the "Golden Goose" for Less.

15. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

Stop sweating over things that haven't happened yet. All the superstars in today's time will probably have declined by 2010 except for Lebron and people drafted his year or later (Carmelo, Wade, Bosh, Howard, Oden, Durant, Beasley). More likely than not, our team will be 50% composed by players Morey has handpicked through the draft or the Euroleagues or low-key FA acquisitions, diamonds in the rough all of them. We'll be churning out overpriced stars (Landry's a start) like the Patriots or Athletics and letting them go at historic rates, yet we'll be more successful than ever. Have faith!

16. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

if we dont get where we want to go during this up coming season, tmac is likely gone. his ending contract will be one of the most attractive assets in the league next summer because it ends in 2010 when everyone wants to be under the cap.

17. Agentzero

Agentzero Rookie

In 2010 ,I can say for sure that Morey say goodbye to all the guys whose contracts are expiring then.Just reserve Yao ,Hayes ,Brooks ,Landry , whose sarlaries will account just some 30m in total .As a result we will be gonna have enough room to sign another star like James, or any other same level star who decide not to re-sign.I expect that Brooks will have grown a star too , but he still in his rookie contract.Similar to Landry,and this year's rookies .I have confidence that rockets can act well in the following two years with tmac and Rafer,then in 2010's summer we may let the two guys walk in that they won't be better.Either Wade or James or any guy will be ok.At least they wil be better than tmac by then.

18. SuperBeeKay

SuperBeeKay Member

Use context clues

19. binvegas

binvegas Contributing Member

First of all Houston is a big city and one of the best franchises in the last 20 years below Boston, Lakers, Bulls, Pistons, Spurs, after that its us. With Yao huge opportunity for a player to come over in get a huge endorsement in China. Look for Dwayne Wade, or Josh Howard as possible options. Lebron I don't even dream that good. We will be major players trust me. Think Shaq and Wade NBA championship, when healthy. The league is a copycat league if Mcgrady doesn't win a ring with Yao in two years, the Rockets will woo Wade and let him try his luck with best center in the league and his pension for driving hard to the rack.

20. GovernorAggie

GovernorAggie Member

I thought that on the surface, but I think that the Rockets should try to push any potential Chinese exposure. Other than no state income tax (which Florida and Tennessee also offer), I also think that Houston doesn't doesn't offer too much that other cities can't.