1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2010 Pre-Draft t

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DCHAMP, Jun 18, 2010.

?

Do you think that any major moves concerning the rockets will happen on draft night

1. yes

43 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. no

21 vote(s)
    24.4%
  3. most likely

22 vote(s)
    25.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DCHAMP

DCHAMP Member

Well the 2010 nba draft is approaching and well i just wanted to get some thoughts on what you think will happen on draft night. It would kinda be boring if the rockets decided to stay put after picking their 14th pick and not doing any trades or moving up or down. I honestly think that the rockets will use their 14 th pick and then also buy a second rounder. So.. I just wanted to get ur thoughts on whether you think the rockets will be really quiet in this draft or really active ..

2. amaru

amaru Member

I think there will be a move.

A major move (i.e championship caliber/ deep playoff) type move, I don't see it happening.

3. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

I think we will package the pick, a future pick and a young asset to move up and get Cousins.

4. Raven

Raven Member

This wouldn't surprise me, but if he ends up a bust...

5. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Member

Yes.
    No.
    Yes.
    Poll fail.

6. MambaJoe

MambaJoe Member

I'm sure Morey would make a move but there are so many possibilities in this draft. This draft will be big. It will have so many future stars, sleepers, as well as a ton of busts. But hopefully the Rockets are scouting carefully and make the right choice.

This draft is really deep and full of high potential big men. But like I said before, even though we may need a big man, it doesn't necessary mean they will draft a big. I'm sure Morey is smart enough to draft the best player available because drafting a player to fill in a position is always a recipe for disaster. Its like drafting Marcus Camby because he is a great ideal backup for Yao other than drafting Kobe Bryant because we already have so many guards.

So basically by drafting the best player available, like SF or SG, you can always trade someone for a big. I mean trading is also an option for getting a big man other than drafting him.

7. DCHAMP

DCHAMP Member

u fail at life

8. aakhan786

aakhan786 Member

I agree

9. DallasThomas

DallasThomas Member

Do you like me?

[ ] yes
    [ ] no
    [♥] most likely

10. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

Raven- We have to try to go big as far as potential. We have all these assets, but we don't have that. Its more feasible than Bosh or Lebron.

11. rocketblaze

rocketblaze Member

The Rockets should have one goal in this Draft, and that is getting their hands on Demarcus Cousins, center's of his caliber don't come around to often ... :cool:

--RB

12. jump shooter

jump shooter Member

13. Rockets1988-

Rockets1988- Member

Id rather have monroe.. good passer out of the high post.. RA coached brad miller and utilized him to his fullest... check please!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.