1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2010 Offseason [Trades, Free Agents]

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ItsMyFault, Apr 14, 2010.

?

Al Jefferson?

1. Would

94 vote(s)
    51.9%
  2. Wouldn't

87 vote(s)
    48.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. J.R.

J.R. Member

2. PASTORofMUPPETS

@ rocketblaze

"Purchased" 2nd round pick: Lance Stephenson"

I think Morey could do better than Lance Stephenson with an extra pick.

DRAFTEXPRESS

Physically speaking, Stephenson has solid height for an NBA shooting guard at 6-5 with good length and a strong frame. As was the case in high school, he relies on his strength to overpower weaker players and compensate for his lack of athleticism. From a conditioning standpoint, he did not appear to be in ideal shape this past season, likely carrying an extra 10-15 pounds on his thick frame. He is quick in the open floor, but lacks the explosiveness and lateral quickness expected from wings at the next level. While he will continue to work on his strength and conditioning, there is no doubt that Stephenson is a below average athlete in the NBA.

3. ASidd_1990

ASidd_1990 Rookie

4. Russjr2

Russjr2 Contributing Member

Just like the Martin trade, we had to give up Landry. To get Bosh we will have to give up a couple of pieces. I could see AB included in a deal for Bosh. I know a lot of people wont be happy about that but it has to be done to make this team a contender. We would not need AB's scoring at that point. There are a lot of scoring PGs out there. To have Yao and Bosh on the frontline would be huge for years to come. Guards would want to come here to play with them. Lowry would be a good PG with Yao, Bosh, and Martin on the floor. Would still have Battier or Ariza or Chase at SF.

So if Morey can convince Bosh to come to Houston that gives us leverage but we still have to give up some 'assets'. Who knows, maybe Morey gets a third team involved and enables us to keep AB somehow (not sure if a third team can be in a S&T). We all know he is very crafty like that.

5. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

Brooks+Jeffries+Andersen+Hayes+ rights to Llull for Bosh and Calderon.

I am thinking maybe we should re-visit trading with Philly in regards to the Sam Dalembert/AI package. Dalembert is expiring which makes him a bit more attractive, and the sixers may jettison AI if they intend on taking Evan Turner.

Jeffries+Andersen+Hayes(bought out)+Ariza+ 2012 first rounder+Jordan Hill for AI and Dalembert.

We dump Trevor and get a huge upgrade at SF. Plus we have another front court shot blocker and we retain our first rounder this year.

The sixers get a defensive 3 that is cheaper than AI, a young PF/C prospect and 2 draft picks.

Then with the 14th pick we pick up Montiejunas.

Yao/Dalembert
    Scola/MLE/Montiejunas
    AI/Shane
    Martin/Budinger/Taylor
    Brooks/Lowry

6. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

7. jvu

jvu Member

LOL perfect situation for a comment like this

8. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

OK, time for plan B.
    DRAFT : Phillie is willing to give up their pick, only if they could unload Brand. The only knock people have on Brand is his contract being ridiculous. The guy, when healthy, can still play. Decent back-up.
    New Jersey and Minnesota were unhappy with not being able to get Wall. We have the talent to make each team happy.
    Golden st. and Detroit are up for sale. Maybe they have cash problems. Les did give the okay to spend a little, right?
    It was earlier rumored that the Clippers were looking for buyers of their pick, if i'm not mistaken.
    As i mentioned earlier, we have the talent and the ok to spend to get 2 of these deals done. To be specific, if i were Darryl, i would do a s&t with Ariza, Jeffries, Bud + 2012 pick for Brand and #2. then i would give the Wolves Brooks (or Hill) and NY'S 2011 pick for #4. What do you guys think? Please be honest. :eek: :rolleyes:

9. Garner

Garner Member

Just looking over the list of Free Agents-

Saying pretty much everything falls through, what about a back up like Johan Petro, a legit 7-0 247lbs.

Only 24, high FG%, seems servicable enough

Thoughts?

10. acefan18

acefan18 Member

Who is the "young prospect" pf/c that Philly would get? I really like this deal though. AI2 is better defensively than Trev, and he does get to the basket well. Dalembert would adress the back up center issue. If this deal happened I would probably be more excited than if we got Bosh. Brooks, Martin, and AI2 would be a crazy good, crazy young wing core to build around.

11. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

If Lebron leaves and Cleveland packs up its things and goes home, Delonte West might become available. Heres a snippet about the Cavs and West:

You could probably snag this guy for 3-4 million dollars (part of the MLE) and he would be a very servicable backup SG. He plays with alot of heart but is known to be a head case at times and sleep with other players moms.

Anyway, just a thought

12. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

West is a true psycho. Gun charges, depressions, not to mention being a young NBA millionaire and having to bang Lebrons grammy. Don't want.

I like Monroe and Cousins, but at this point I am hoping for:

#14+ 2012 first rounder +Hill+Jeffries+Ariza + rights to Sergio Llull for Al Jefferson and the rights to Wes Johnson (#4)

Minny gets a young PF, a defensive wing and 2 first rounders. Not to mention a replacement foreign pg. They also shed some cap space after this year. Rubio is never going to play for them, and I do think he value dropped a bit (as opposed to last years draft and shortly thereafter).

Yao/Hayes/
    Jefferson/Scola
    Battier/Johnson
    Martin/Budinger
    Brooks/Lowry

13. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

Do not want Al Jefferson and a no for that trade.

14. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

The thing I like about Jefferson is that he can play center, blocks some shots and is a little less than a max deal.

I would prefer the Wolves sending us Rubio instead of Johnson in that deal. I think Rubio has lost a little value and I just don't see him and Johnny Flynn co-existing (plus I am guessing Sessions will get dealt this offseason).

15. J.R.

J.R. Member

dmorey Send your big splash free agency recruiting ideas to ideas@rocketball.com. Out of the box ideas welcome--FA jersey on Sam Houston's statue?

dmorey If we end up using your idea-and he becomes a Rocket-we'll introduce you&a guest to him at a gm this yr in courtside seats from the Rockets

16. Vivid

Vivid Member

Maybe combine that trade with Philly's offer of their pick and Brand.

Martin, 14th pick, 2012 NYK 1st Rounder, Llull for Jefferson, 4th pick, and Rubio
    Jefferson, Jefferies, Ariza, Battier, 2011 Rockets 1st Rounder for Brand, Iguodala and 2nd pick

Yao Cousins
    Scola Hill Brand
    Iguodala Buddinger
    Turner Taylor
    Brooks Rubio Lowry

Brooks would benefit with AI and Turner's ability to play point. We would have Yao and Scola's replacement in Cousins and Hill. We basically replaced Martin/Ariza with Turner/AI. We replace Landry/Hayes with Cousins/Hill. We will probably still see the two pg back court from time to time as I expect Lowry to get minutes despite the addition of Rubio. The price we pay is a super expensive whipping boy in the form of Brand. Lots of depth means less burn out as the season goes on.
    Young exciting team with a great future starting 5 in Rubio, Buddinger, Turner, Hill, Cousins. That's like OKC or Portland in terms of future scary, except that we have Yao, Scola, Iguodala, and Brooks to contend now. We could also tweak it to where instead of going with AI, we went after a guy like Bosh, but that would be dependent on Bosh. This is something the Rockets can pull on draft night.

17. viertelasiat

viertelasiat Member

18. rocketblaze

rocketblaze Member

The Warriors shopping their assets (6th pick & Randolph) to get rid of contracts, interest me a lot, and so does the 4th pick & rights to Ricky Rubio by the Wolves, whom are looking for more draft picks to fill "needs" on their roster and are willing to move down to do it...

Rockets receive-
    T-Wolves 4th pick- (Demarcus Cousins)
    Rights to 'Ricky Rubio' (2009 | 5th pick)
    Anthony Randolph
    Corey Maggette (Bad Contract)

Warriors receive-
    Shane Battier(Expiring)
    Jordan Hill (2009 | 8th pick)
    2012 NY NBA Draft pick

T-Wolves receive-
    Warriors 6th pick- (Wesley Johnson)
    Rockets 14th pick- (Whiteside, George, Henry, etc)
    2011 NY NBA Draft pick (Rights-to-Swap)

'2010/11 Rockets Roster'
    6'5 Rubio | 6'0 Brooks
    6'7 Martin | 6'6 Maggette
    6'8 Ariza | 6'7 Budinger | 6'11 Jeffries
    6'9 Scola | 6'11 Randolph | 6'11 Andersen
    7'6 Yao | 6'11 Cousins | 6'6 Hayes

--RB

19. RedRaiderRocket

I know people are focusing all their attention on big name free agents and trades. Well if Rockets can't get any of the big name guys how about Brandon Bass? Reports are he doesn't like his situation in Orlando. He has an average contract 4 years 16 million. I think he is an average rebounder,with some good baseline shot. He is a little bit undersized at power forward being 6'8.

20. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

A fleecing that would be.

DD

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.