1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[2010]NFL Free Agency

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by tinman, Mar 5, 2010.

1. Blake

Blake Member

Possibly might be taking it a bit far

http://www.myfoxphilly.com/dpp/sports/nfl/eagles/030510_Latest_Donovan_McNabb_Trade_Rumors

Sources: Reid Blocking McNabb Trade
    Despite Reports, Rams May Not Be Interested
    PHILADELPHIA - Fox 29 has learned that the Philadephia Eagles are divided on a Donovan McNabb trade, with one very powerful Eagle blocking a potential deal.

The NFL free agency period has officially begun and, as teams make offers and deals, reports say Donovan McNabbb could be traded soon.

There are many interested teams out there, but right now the Eagles are not accepting any offers yet.

Sources tell Fox 29's sports department that the St. Louis Rams are not one of those teams, contrary to some reports.

But we're also being told that trading McNabb is not going to be easy because internally the Eagles' brass wants to move him but Andy Reid does not.

2. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Member

Peppers and Chicago have reportedly finalized a 6 year deal. :(

3. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Member

I think he was specifically talking about McNabb being traded to the Rams which I agree is not possible.

4. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Good to see those Asomugha to the Jets rumors didn't come to fruition (at least less likely now as the Jets would have something like 25 million invested in 3 corners if they pulled off a trade). As much as I would like to see Nnamdi go to a team where he has a chance to actually succeed, I would hate to lose him.

The Bears adding Peppers and Taylor makes them immediately better on both sides of the ball.

If the Rams are bringing in AJ Feeley to be their new starting QB I guess that would appear as if they are committed to drafting Suh, but I still wouldn't rule out them taking Bradford.

5. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Antrel Rolle-DB-Cardinals Mar. 5 - 3:27 pm et

Free agent FS Antrel Rolle is reportedly taking a physical with the Giants as of Friday afternoon.
    A physical usually means a deal is all but locked up, though beat writer Ralph Vacchiano cautions that the same source says the Dolphins and Cardinals aren't out of the race if they increase their offer. You think Rolle's agent is the source?
    Source: Ralph Vacchiano on Twitter

6. juicystream

juicystream Member

If they are planning on starting Feely, then they will draft a QB. Its just a matter of taking Bradford/Clausen in the 1st or looking to pick up Snead/McCoy/Pike in the middle rounds.

7. ryan17wagner

ryan17wagner Member

Thanks for helping my point about McNabb to Rams.

8. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

None of these QBs excite me at all. I think Bradford and Clausen can develop into good, top 15 QBs in the league, but none of them really wow me.

McCoy seems to not have the arm, I like his scrappy style of play and he's a very accurate passer, but his struggles against dominant defense prove he's not going to ever be good enough to tear apart the league.

Pike also doesn't have much of an arm either and looks too immobile, and Snead has the measurables but couldn't hit the broad side of a barn this season. His accuracy is Kyle Boller bad.

Tebow is actually a little bit better than I thought, but I just don't see him ever being able to make all the throws at the NFL level. I wouldn't bet against the kid though, he's a fierce competitor and I know he'll try his damndest to make it in the league. If anything, he could find some moderate success in a Vince Young type situation.

I think its more likely in this draft that we'll see another Joe Flacco / Ben Roethlisberger small school QB emerge. I do like Dan LeFevour out of Central Michigan, I'd like him a lot more if he was bigger... but I think he's better than Colt McCoy as an NFL prospect.

As far as the Bradford/Clausen debate, I think everyone pretty much "likes" Bradford more than Clausen based on their personalities, and when Sam showed up with an added 13 pounds of muscle it probably pushed St Louis' decision over the edge in which direction they want to go.

I just don't see how the Rams can keep avoiding the QB situation, they HAVE to get somebody in there who can throw the ball. Steven Jackson will be useless by the age of 28 at this rate.

9. Blake

Blake Member

I didn't notice that was what you were talking about specifically. Thought you meant about him being traded at all.

But you're welcome, smartass :grin:

10. Rockets R' Us

Rockets R' Us Contributing Member

Chicago sports radio is BLOWIN up right now. We're goin through the same happy phase we went through last year when we got Cutler. Spent I believe 85 Million today in signing Malumaleuna (TE) Taylor (RB) and Peppers (DE).

Anddddddddddddd word has it we're going for Antrel Rolle & a #1 WR still.

I'm glad our coaching staff and management is on the hot seat. Let that paper burn baby, burn.

11. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

If Boldin really is available for a 3rd round pick, I don't know why the Texans wouldn't be all over that.

12. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I hear you guys have him in the bag already.

13. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

PFT is reporting Baltimore, KC, and New England are in the mix... but knowing Al Davis he'll probably suddenly offer them 3 1st rounders and Asomugha.

He's the anti-Morey.

14. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

they have two picks in the top 15, so i think this is a brilliant move. after seeing dez bryant at the combine, they probably figure they might as well go with someone's who's actually done something in the nfl at this point.

15. TexasFight

TexasFight Member

Unless I've gone crazy, I could have sworn 790 just reported in a news break that Boldin was sent to the Pats... but I can't find confirmation on the Internet anywhere...

16. rockets934life

Boldin, Welker and Moss with Brady :eek: :eek: :eek:

17. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

PFT just tweeted a few minutes ago that the deal is close and the 3 in contention are Baltimore, KC, and NE.

18. DonnyMost

DonnyMost Member
    Supporting Member

Welker tore his ACL... insurance policy?

19. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Member

My Bears have picked up Chester Taylor, Brandon Manumaleuna and are nearly set with Julius Peppers.

They have upgraded a decent amount even without draft picks, overpaid but glad to see they didn't sit on the hands.

20. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

If the Patriots do end up with Boldin, that would mark the 3rd time in the past 3 years they've acquired a Pro Bowl WR without giving up a 1st round pick (Welker 2nd, 7th), Moss (4th)