1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2010 NBA Playoffs: Suns (3) Vs. Trailblazers (6)

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by abc2007, Apr 15, 2010.

Tags:
?

Who will win this series?

1. Suns in 4

15 vote(s)
    9.5%
  2. Suns in 5

42 vote(s)
    26.6%
  3. Suns in 6

48 vote(s)
    30.4%
  4. Suns in 7

19 vote(s)
    12.0%
  5. Blazers in 4

2 vote(s)
    1.3%
  6. Blazers in 5

1 vote(s)
    0.6%
  7. Blazers in 6

18 vote(s)
    11.4%
  8. Blazers in 7

13 vote(s)
    8.2%
  1. Asian Sensation

I don't think anybody's going to disagree with you on that one.

2. gambingo

gambingo Member

Frye's 3pt fg% is about 44% compare to 33% from previous season with the blazer :eek: :eek:

I wouldn't mind this guy chucking it if he's making them at that %

3. Kwame

Kwame Contributing Member

For the most part Rudy Fernandez has been worthless this series. I can't believe people want/wanted this guy on the Rockets.

4. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

In my opinion, Rudy is worthless in that team since they don't cater to his strength. When Bayless, Roy and Miller handle the ball pretty much all the time, it turns Rudy into a spot up shooter which is not his strength (although he can shoot).

5. Asian Sensation

Let me ask you this. What do you think is Rudy's strength? He doesn't have good enough handles to drive. If and when he does drive he's weak and he can't get a shot up after contact. He's not particularity good at slashing. His catch and shooting is pretty good but he almost shoots better from 3 than 2. His passing is sub-par. To top everything off he's a major liability on defense and he's injury prone. He's basically a one trick pony with spot up shooting being his strength.

Ever since that flagrant foul by Trevor Ariza when he was a Laker... Rudy has been playing like a p***y. He needs to go back to Spain. I really had high hopes for this guy after his rookie season too.

6. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Tell me what else can Rudy do well besides shoot the ball. I don't think he's good enough to be more than a part-time creator. His handles aren't that good. He doesn't have a great first step. He isn't strong enough to seal defenders with his shoulder when he does get half a step on them. He can't finish strong in traffic because he has very little strength in his upper-body. What Rudy does have is good court-vision and he will make slick passes sometimes.

IMO, it adds up to a player that isn't multi-dimensional at the NBA level. When I see him out there standing around on offense, not cutting hard and really trying to lose his defender, Rudy is worthless. He's what I call a butterfly (a soft perimeter player with no sting). He belongs in a run and gun, no-defense system similar to what Nellie and D'Antoni run.

Asian Sensation, I just read your reply. Wow! I'm gonna my anyway. Obviously we think alike.

7. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

Agreed. Plus, he seems like a bit of a diva with all the whining he does about his role, minutes and desire to play elsewhere.

Clutch hit it right on the money that C-Bud's acquisition and subsequent development completely erases any regret we may have about wanting Fernandez in the 2007 Draft and not finding a way to get him. Fraction of the price, better attitude and, hell, maybe even flat-out better altogether.

8. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Like Rudy, the key for Bud is how hard he works to get better. Both guys had tantalizing rookie seasons.

I'm not sure Bud is known as the hardest worker in the world. But if he does have a great work ethic and improves each year, he will leave Rudy in the dust. He is much more versatile.

9. qetwr111

qetwr111 Member

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/vaZIAXJJDKQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/vaZIAXJJDKQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

10. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

That was terrible... it would've sucked if the game was actually close.

11. MrAwe

MrAwe Member

lol, that was terrible

Joey Crawford should be fired, seriously, why do we still have these refs around

12. tomato

tomato Member

Portland in 7?

13. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

That pisses me off to no end. And David Stern couldn't give two *****s about it, either, because all these games are selling out, and people are watching anyways. That was a big call in that game.

14. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

It was a 7 point game at that point......how is that not close?

15. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

It's a horrible call, but few people would say that's why the Blazers lost.

16. Rocket94-95

Rocket94-95 Member

trailblazers suck, i hope pheonix beats them by 20+ points in portland and ends the series quickly, roy is injured and is obviously not in game rythm shepe; suns in 6

17. ASidd_1990

ASidd_1990 Rookie

Ha! Who's the rookie now!

18. MrAwe

MrAwe Member

I hate the expression on Joey Crawford's face too, acting all like, "I got God Father Stern behind me, watcha gonna do?"

I love the sport, but the things Stern did to this league is killing me

19. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

Yup... getting Marcus Camby in foul trouble really help the Suns offense out soooooo much that they blew out the Blazers.... the call had NOTHING to do with the outcome of the game.

20. Rocket94-95

Rocket94-95 Member

blazers will lose tonight suns will run them out the building they know what to expect, and brandon roy play is uncertain as to how effective he will be; if roy struggles tonight to score the blazers are in serious trouble GO SUNS!!!