1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2010 NBA Playoffs: Suns (3) vs Spurs (7)

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Juxtaposed Jolt, Apr 30, 2010.

?

Who wins?

1. Spurs in 4

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Spurs in 5

3 vote(s)
    1.8%
  3. Spurs in 6

57 vote(s)
    33.9%
  4. Spurs in 7

23 vote(s)
    13.7%
  5. Suns in 4

35 vote(s)
    20.8%
  6. Suns in 5

12 vote(s)
    7.1%
  7. Suns in 6

18 vote(s)
    10.7%
  8. Suns in 7

20 vote(s)
    11.9%
  1. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

You can but I don't think many people predicted RJ would perform so poorly. Oberto had become a proven zero. Pop & Co. made a huge mistake bringing Oberto back after their championship instead of replacing him with Scola. I'm so glad they did. I guess it seemed logical to make a run with the same squad.

Anybody here know the chances of the Spurs signing Tiago Splitter for next season? Can they pay him enough to make it worthwhile to come over?

2. SuperBeeKay

SuperBeeKay Member

Barkley just said his ass is normal size in San Antonio.. true that LOL

3. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

barkley making fun of san antonio women's big asses, heh

4. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

C'mon, A3PO, I'm going to give you more credit than this. Jefferson's game has always been determined by how good his point guard is at getting him open looks inside the 3 point arc. Of course playing with Kidd kind of skews this theory but just look at his one year with the Bucks and you can tell that he's not the efficient and productive player that San Antonio always wants. There's no mistake that Jefferson played better when Manu's on the court and that's because Manu gets the opponents' attention and Manu can get Jefferson WIDE open looks. The Spurs should have push and did everything they could to get Stephen Jackson. Sure Jackson's as streaky as they come, but at least Jackson can get hot while Jefferson's never gotten lukewarm in his life.

Unless Gentry actually starts Frye or subs him in sooner than before. The key for the Suns, IMO, is that they need to attack the basket with a full head of steam at the beginning of the game rather than look for perimeter shots. Getting either Gasol or Bynum into foul trouble is going to take away one less big man for Phoenix to worry about.

5. cdastros

cdastros Member

Barkley speaks the truth.

6. BrooksBall

BrooksBall Contributing Member

Once in a while.

The other 90% of the time, he's just blowing hot air.

I love watching the guy though. That TNT crew is as entertaining as they come in the sports world as far as I'm concerned.

7. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

If he starts him, the Lakers can easily counter with Odom starting and then Bynum coming off the bench which isn't terrible for the Lakers at all. I also think that Gasol is WAY more mobile than McDyess or Duncan were so I think that Gasol can actually guard Frye on the perimeter and Bynum can handle Stoudemire. I just don't think Frye himself will make much difference... it's a long shot at best that he disrupts LA's game plan on the offensive and defensive end.

8. steddinotayto

I don't think Jackson would start Odom over Bynum unless Bynum was playing like utter **** and Odom was in beast mode.

I agree that Gasol is mobile enough to cover the floor better than what McDyess or Duncan has shown and that might be enough for the Lakers to stick with Bynum/Gasol without having to deploy Odom for more than what he's currently doing.

It's going to be a doozy for a matchup for Phoenix. Not only do they have to worry about scoring but how are they going to stop Kobe, Gasol and Bynum?

9. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Manu made a huge difference with RJ. Once they clicked, RJ became bordeline serviceable. But I don't think anybody saw him being this bad and indecisive. I never thought he was a genius on the court, but I overestimated his intelligence a bit. Even after an entire season he still couldn't figure out what to do and when to do it. The Spurs will get more of the same from him next season, which is fine by me.

I got a bad feeling about RJ after he pulled out of his lavish wedding over the summer without telling anyone until the day of the wedding (or something like that). Weird.

10. steddinotayto

I think he pulled out of the wedding because there were rumors that his bride to be (a Nets dancer IIRC) was messing around while they were together or something of that nature.

As far as you overestimating his intelligence, I guess it balances out considering I never perceived him to be a smart player to begin with. :grin:

11. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

ALOT of folx were lamenting the trade . . Him for Griffin

Rocket River

12. ASidd_1990

ASidd_1990 Rookie

LOL, this one dude on Spurstalk.com named "Lars" on the "no what?" thread wants to trade Duncan and Manu for Hill, Budinger, and lottery picks,

Brooks/Lowry
    Martin/Manu
    Ariza/Battier
    Duncan/Scola
    Yao/Hayes?

13. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

What I've said about the spurs is the same. As duncan has gotten older, the spurs have made his job harder. He's their only rebounder and only postup player. They keep trotting out mcdyess,bonner,kurt thomas types vs sliding him to center and getting a 4. Duncan is slower now and they have no one who can protect the rim when duncan is pulled from the rim.

I wouldnt throw dirt on them so fast because they do have jefferson and his 15m expiring,splitter,and hill as assett. For some reason i see bosh in san antonio.

14. ASidd_1990

ASidd_1990 Rookie

True.

But we can trump their offer if Morey gives up Brooks, which I don't see happening.

Also, they've gone public with their interest in our Hill and we can also give them, meaning the Raps, an international prospect in Lllul.

Lllul=Splitter
    Hill>Hill
    Budinger> Jefferson

Also, we have better lottery picks too.

15. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

How is lull =splitter when splitter is the best big not in the nba? The spurs could offer a great package and keep their championship core together. The could salary match in a sign and trade with jefferson contract. Bosh isnt going to a tweam in which the best players have been sacrificred. Kobe, if it were true, didnt go to the bulls because deng and gordon was part of the trade. Jefferson,splitter,and hill is a damn good package.

16. Ramu3

Ramu3 Member

Congrats to the Suns for sweeping the Spurs and avenging 5 straight playoff series defeats .

Magic and Lakers have a Chance to swept their opponents tonight .

17. Melechesh

Melechesh Member

Parker could be dealt?

18. Melechesh

Melechesh Member

19. Melechesh

Melechesh Member

I would trade Brooks, Battier & Andersen for Parker. :)

20. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

No way, Parker is looking much slower, and does not have a jump shot, he would not work with Yao.

DD