1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    It's the WEST FINALS Game 3 -- Can the Timberwolves get back in this? Join us as we watch the NBA playoffs together...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

2010 NBA Playoffs: Hawks (3) vs. Bucks (6)

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by abc2007, Apr 14, 2010.

?

Who will win this series?

1. Hawks in 4

18 vote(s)
    13.4%
  2. Hawks in 5

46 vote(s)
    34.3%
  3. Hawks in 6

35 vote(s)
    26.1%
  4. Hawks in 7

8 vote(s)
    6.0%
  5. Bucks in 4

1 vote(s)
    0.7%
  6. Bucks in 5

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Bucks in 6

13 vote(s)
    9.7%
  8. Bucks in 7

13 vote(s)
    9.7%
  1. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

Man, you would have thought with all the showboating Brandon Jennings was doing he went off for 40.

Oh well, I figured the Bucks would get hot and steal one game. The Hawks didn't even look like they cared. Sooner or later they're going to have to learn how to win playoff games on the road.

2. eveluvsrox

eveluvsrox Contributing Member

This seems to be everyones least favorite.
    I expected this to be easier for ATL.
    They are playing real lazy and Jennings is just eating them alive.

3. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

Hawks not really playing D and bucks are hitting everything. Hawks can't seem to get it below 6

4. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Some other night. The Hawks need to can Woody. He just cannot motivate this team to play it's best. Giving up both games in Milwaukee with the sorry effort they put out is inexcusable.

Maybe they can close hard and take game 4.

5. The_Yoyo

Like I said hawks get it to 6 and Jack up quick shots. Then leave delfino wide open who has burned them all night. Not sure what they are thinking out there this series may go 7

6. htown11

htown11 Member

Great win for the Bucks.

Look whose in the NBATV studios

SHANE BATTIER!! :cool:

7. The_Yoyo

jamal crawford was horrible for the hawks today, he hit some shots early but threw up some bricks towards the end and played terrible defense on delfino then the drive and turnover late in the game.

i am waiting for a hawks/magic matchup looks like it may not happen

8. ASidd_1990

ASidd_1990 Rookie

Haha! Shane singing the Wonder Pets theme song on NBATV!

Man, I miss him and the Rockets!

9. Someguy1229

Someguy1229 Member

Nice find, maybe that can be Shane's career after basketball.

10. htown11

htown11 Member

No doubt, hes a smart guy good speaker and of course he had to throw in his karaoke skills haha.

Berry and him just did a small duet, stick to defending the best Shane. ;)

11. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

Nah, canning Woody is not THE answer. At least not with his success in the win/loss column. You are right in that his ability to light a fire under these guys (like, say, enough to win a road playoff game in three years) is a concern but I don't think it's the core issue at hand here.

The problem is they lack a true alpha-male star/leader that can step up, take charge and stop the bleeding whenever the Hawks go in one of their patented cold funks where they hang their heads, ISO and forget everything they've had success with up to that point. JJ is a fine two-way player and could definitely be the second best player on a championship level team, but his intangibles and leadership traits most certainly don't match his level of play as a star. That's definitely a problem.

Basically, the Hawks need to spend their offseason targeting CP3 or a similar star player. Preferably a PG since Bibby is such a disaster on both ends of the court. Upgrading the bench needs to be a priority too. This whole "Jamal Crawford = the ENTIRE bench" thing is definitely not the way to go given how Crawford is the epitome of a hot/cold player. Also, I'm just about ready to throw the towel in on Marvin Williams. His lone saving grace up until this point was his steady improvement and hopeful development into a solid third option, however it looks like that's never going to happen.

As for the series itself, Woody needs to introduce Jeff Teague to the world. I'm sick of having to watch JJ try check the MUCH quicker Brandon Jennings due to the fact that Bibby is so utterly worthless defensively and can't cover anybody. Teague is young and still figuring things out but he has the foot speed and athleticism to stay in front of Jennings. We've seen enough of Jennings to know if you take away his driving lanes he resorts to the ugly pull-up's which is definitely what you want if you're Atlanta. If Woody feels using a sparsely-used rookie in a playoff game is a bit of reach, then show me Mario West. West is like a guard version of Chuck Hayes -- he's pretty useless offensively but he's an excellent on-ball defender that could definitely give this team a spark.

P.S. Yes, I realize the irony in my suggestion. No need to go down that road again...

#111 baller4life315, Apr 26, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2010
  12. Ramu3

Ramu3 Member

Hoping this series goes to 7 games ......so that the magic can possibly sweep the winner of this series in the second round also :)

13. plates300

plates300 Member

Jennings starting off on fiyaaa! let's hope he's got it for the whole game.

14. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

B-Jens making it rain.

15. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

I liked this series better when it was in Milwaukee, better crowd.

16. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Luke is playing like it's his contract year.. oh wait..

17. redao

redao Member

Thomas is old but good. go Bucks

18. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Fear the Deer?

19. Obito

Great game.

20. Obito

Delfino with the dagger? wow.