1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2010 NBA Playoffs: 1. Lakers vs 8. Thunder

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by WhoMikeJames, Apr 13, 2010.

1. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

I am looking a at their play and thinking of the matchup against Mavs. Post-trade Mavs matchup very well with the Lakers and if Lakers dont pick it up, Mavs are coming out of West.

2. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

I said that the Rockets would take them further than the Thunder would, not that they would necessarily win the series. The Rockets are a better offensive team than the Thunder. The Rockets also match up well since Hayes and Scola do a better job on Gasol and Bynum than anyone on the Thunder's front line does.

3. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Mostly agree, but the Lakers hit a boatload more open jumpers than OKC did, especially in the 1st and 4th quarters.

All in all, neither offense played well. Unless KD figures something out against Artest, the Thunder offense doesn't have a much hope for improvement.

4. ItsMyFault

Yeah I agree. I think Kevin Durant just needs to drive more. They're playing zone, but the Thunder have to figure out a way to get in the paint and draw fouls. If they can get Gasol and Bynum into foul trouble, that will help them out on both ends.

5. icewill36

icewill36 Member

i dont see why so many ppl are acting like the thunder just got embarrassed out there. offensively it was just about their worst game of the season. i think they have only scored less than 80 one other time all year.

all they need to do is force the tempo a little more. the nerves should be gone by game 2 as they realize its still just basketball, playoffs or not. they played terrible and were still in the game vs the defending champs on their home floor. they wont shoot that poorly again.

6. Melechesh

Melechesh Member

Man you're right on. Sefolosha played too passive ( kinda like what Battier did in last year's playoffs), you don't pass up an open look even if your confidence level is low. The Lakers were keying their defense mainly on Durant and Westbrook. I don't blame the struggle of their offense on Green though, he's not that great a creator and the Lakers' length just gave him lots of problems. Westbrook seems to be the only one that has a matchup advantage and he's gotta attack more next game.

7. Juxtaposed Jolt

Agreed.

I found myself cringing when Green kept shooting jumper after jumper...

...and missing. :/

8. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

Ron losing weight really helped his defense this year.

9. Hayden_SFC

Hayden_SFC Member

Durant is a potential superstar, but right now....Ron Ron shows he can shut him down.
    Kobe, legit superstar.
    And of course the Lakers big men are so much better than what the Thunder have.
    Lakers in 5.

10. abc2007

abc2007 Member

Today

Game 2 Tue April 20 Oklahoma City at L.A. Lakers 10:30PM TNT

11. Juxtaposed Jolt

My lord.

Does anyone see Artest's hair?

I shudder to think what he is going to do if he gets to the Finals.

12. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

Spreading Tuesday Joy:

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/d-fj0OFhB9g&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/d-fj0OFhB9g&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

13. reckonerone42

reckonerone42 Member

I'm absolutely shocked to see that Fisher just flopped all over the place on Westbrook's second :rolleyes:

14. rocketshopeful

weak sauce dunk attempt.

15. ItsMyFault

Lakers aren't establishing Bynum like the last game. Gotta feed him the ball...

16. Shaud

Shaud Member

Oklahoma City does not stand a chance at being in this series if their role players keep missing wide open jumpers.

17. ItsMyFault

Durant with a nice start.. 10 pts. But this team will not be able to stay in the game without their core... which includes Westbrook... and he already has 2 fouls. Green has to be able to make open jump shots because their bigs have no chance against the Lakers bigs.

18. Juxtaposed Jolt

Yeah, this game kinda mirrors the Heat - Celtics game tonight.

Of course, the Thunder aren't getting blown out per se, but Durant isn't putting up numbers like Wade so far either.

Durant and Co. have to steal a game in LA to win the series, honestly.

19. Rocket94-95

Rocket94-95 Member

no competitive nba playoff games today, atlanta won by 10 but was blowing out bucks majority of the game; heat lost by 29 at boston, thunder down 11 as of now, blazers down 63-49 at half

20. mazyar

mazyar Member

So far Durant has shown that he is a choker during the playoffs. Not a good showing by him for his playoff performance. I hope he isn't one of those players that only are great during the regular season.