1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2010 NBA Finals: Lakers Vs. Celtics

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by abc2007, May 29, 2010.

?

Who will win this series?

1. Lakers in 4

3 vote(s)
    0.7%
  2. Lakers in 5

12 vote(s)
    2.8%
  3. Lakers in 6

61 vote(s)
    14.3%
  4. Lakers in 7

80 vote(s)
    18.8%
  5. Celtics in 4

5 vote(s)
    1.2%
  6. Celtics in 5

21 vote(s)
    4.9%
  7. Celtics in 6

147 vote(s)
    34.5%
  8. Celtics in 7

97 vote(s)
    22.8%
  1. sbyang

sbyang Member

I am excited to see the two best teams in the league meet in the finals. I am hoping the games won't be tainted by the officials, at least not too much. I am hoping for both teams to bring their best games and a long series.

2. Juxtaposed Jolt

I already have, actually!

I just don't want to bump it up; need to find my flame suit beforehand.

:grin:

3. Melechesh

Melechesh Member

Celtics in 7.

4. RockyChamp

RockyChamp Member

Fisher will be on Allen. Kobe will be on Rondo. Artest will be on Pierce

5. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

No offense (uh oh...I'm about to say something offensive), but you try too hard to be funny. Just something I've noticed.

6. devilsdandruff

i'm rooting for the Greens simply because i don't like the Lakers.

1 person likes this.
  7. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

Yeah, there will be a lot of switching and stuff. Kobe doesn't do much chasing shooters off screens though...that's usually Fisher's or Artest's job. Kobe might spend time on Pierce, as will Artest on Rondo.

8. Jackcaas

Jackcaas Member

Lakers vs Celtics
    In my view, it is hard to predict. However, in terms of the abities, lakers are stronger and more vigorous due to younger.
    Remember, no Gasol's coming, almost no trade-offs for lakers. However, KG is surely the best man to control gasol, but he is a little older and slower than two years ago. Still celtics will try their best to restrict gasol. So Bynum and Odom are the key to win. Compared to the finals happened two years ago, no any player in Celtics can match him who is a bench player now. If those two play well, Gasol's pressure will be alleviated. So the three big men will all enjoy the game.
    Though there are so many famous players - Kobe, Pierce, allen, artest, fisher, rondo, the final result is determined by the big men's state. :cool:

9. Jackcaas

Jackcaas Member

Compared to the finals happened two years ago, no any player in Celtics can match him who is a bench player now. Him is Odom. :)

10. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The Lakers have multiple guys to cut off the head of the snake in Rondo.

Sheer athleticism to go along with that size/length will be too much for Boston.

The battle in the frontcourt should favor LA. Garenett is getting long in the tooth finally and doesn't have the kind of help to battle the Lakers finesse/power game.

Bynum has looked good at times and also experienced some foul trouble. He might not be 100 %, but it doesn't matter.

Allen will be shut down.

And then there is Kobe.

This team will put on a show while lifting their level of play and destroying the Celtics.

Lakers in 5.

11. wekko368

wekko368 Member

Not too sure about this. A Garnett/Perkins/Wallace/Davis lineup seems more formidable than a Gasol/Bynum/Odom lineup....especially if Bynum continues his subpar play.

12. npz

npz Member

How does the format matter at all if Boston is capable of winning 2 on the road?

13. npz

npz Member

Radmanovic and Walton guarded Pierce (horribly) in 2008. That's the elephant in the room if there is one.

14. HoustonRockets

They did this to Kobe in the 2008 finals.

15. BeCoMiNgThEbEsT

i think Kobe will mark Rondo and Artest on Pierce

16. RockyChamp

RockyChamp Member

Lakers had nobodies like Walton and Radmanovic guard a pereniall all star like Pierce most of the time and the Lakers still pushed it to 6 games. When Kobe was put on Pierce, he was too tired to stay with him since he was chasing Allen around screens or tying to stay in front of Rondo in the pick and roll. Finally some defensive load can be taken off his shoulder with Artest in there, Lakers won't have to compromise their matchups anymore.

As good as KG is, he's not a post player, he's a great jumpshooter, he's not gonna have a whole lot of luck going up against Gasol's length.

That 2008 team had a lot of depth and the tables are turned now with Lakers running 10 deep.

17. RockyChamp

RockyChamp Member

Note: 3 of the 4 matchups since the 2008 finals, the Lakers have won. 2 games Lakers won by a difference of 1, 1 game Celtics won by a difference of 1 with Kobe missing the game

18. ThaShark316_28

Celtics in 6.

Gasol's being p***y again. If he mans up, then LAL can take this ****.

1 person likes this.
  19. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I understand where your coming from, Boston is formidable up front. That said I don't see them having the flexibility to deal with LA. Garnett has lost a step. Wallace has lost 2 - 3 . And Perkins/Big Baby are power players not bringing total game. Also, Boston has relied on Rondo to become the fascillitator/first option and when LA takes him out of the game, these guys must move up the ladder....defensively/offensively. Their ability to match up with Odom/Gasol/Bynum is questionable due to this trios versatility. Bynum has had his ups and downs / isn't 100 % ..... Even so when he wants to Andrew has shown some big game.
    I just see the Lakers w/Kobe elevating to the point where the circus has come to town. Boston will look old and LA shows us the modern version of Showtime.

20. Kojirou

Kojirou Member

Lakers. Depth.
    Hahahahahahahahahahahaha. The Lakers have no depth at all. They've got Kobe, Odom, Gasol, and Artest, and then a bunch of people who aren't performing that well as of late, and this includes injured Bynum for now.