1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

2010 NBA Finals: Lakers Vs. Celtics

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by abc2007, May 29, 2010.

?

Who will win this series?

1. Lakers in 4

3 vote(s)
    0.7%
  2. Lakers in 5

12 vote(s)
    2.8%
  3. Lakers in 6

61 vote(s)
    14.3%
  4. Lakers in 7

80 vote(s)
    18.8%
  5. Celtics in 4

5 vote(s)
    1.2%
  6. Celtics in 5

21 vote(s)
    4.9%
  7. Celtics in 6

147 vote(s)
    34.5%
  8. Celtics in 7

97 vote(s)
    22.8%
  1. TesseracT

TesseracT Member

Kobe taking a shot at Shaq

2. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

Marcus Jordan (MJ's son)

http://twitter.com/SASBMJ/status/16434477935

I would have to agree with him.

3. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

If he retires, THATS how you leave the game. Hell with the professionalism lol

4. Shroopy2

I swar, that thar comment from Jordan's boy sure is defensive

5. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

I thought it was an entertaining game and enjoyed watching the intensity of it, but neither of these teams is "great" to me. In fact, I think these last two Laker teams have been among the weakest champions in some time when stacked up against history.

I mean, Pau is very good and all-star caliber, but he's hardly unstoppable. Kobe is the 2nd best player in the game...but other than that, the supporting cast is very inefficient and inconsistent. This is not the Bulls dynasty where Jordan was on top of the league and had supporting casts that were solid as a rock.

I think these last two Laker teams lose to any other NBA champion since I can remember. Heat, Spurs, Pistons, '08 Celtics all would beat them ... and obviously the '00-'02 Lakers, 90's Bulls and Rockets too. I hate to be the guy to discredit a champion but that's how it feels to me.

6. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

It was a good hard fought game until the 4th quarter when the refs suddenly decided to take over the game.

7. Shroopy2

Lakers are a top-third starting point guard and a healthy improved Andrew Bynum from having another crack at it. Celtics appear done. No more Tom T, no more Rasheed probably, Ray Allen should get pushed out. They need a Joe Johnson type to replace Ray Allen to get back.

Derek Fisher should get brought back as a backup. We might have seen Fisher and Rasheed's last NBA game. Perhaps Phil Jackson as well.

8. clippy

clippy Member

PJ likes to win in threes so they'll most certainly at least be in the Finals next year, for all the drama. And possibly the following year for the dynasty talk. Scripted? I dunno, but it sure seems like the Lakers are there a lot (over half of the Finals appearances WTF?)

9. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

Boston blew that game. Artest stepped up. Props to LA. This should kill the Kobe GOAT talks though.

10. Mr. Space City

wow i just read that Kobe is the only finals mvp in history to shoot under 50% every game of the finals.

11. clippy

clippy Member

How many games did he even shoot 40%. Geez that guy is a chucker. No wonder the Lakers get a lot of offensive rebounds.

12. OGKashMoney

OGKashMoney Member

"Some fans are harassing motorists trying to leave Staples Center, throwing traffic cones at at least one vehicle."

Source: Daily News

I can hear the fireworks and honking already! I watched the game at BJs here in LA and it was madness. That placed was a fire-hazard with crazy Laker fans and a girl and his guy in Celtics green. Everyone started chanting "**** Boston" inside the restaurant. But no violence. :(

13. Mr. Space City

friend from la just said lakers fans jumped some boston fans.

14. YourSecretLover

did anyone see doug christie behind the boston bench sporting a celtics tshirt?

lol :grin:

15. ubigred

ubigred Contributing Member

Look at the top 50 or 100 players in NBA history....how many of them wore Lakers purple and gold.

Case closed.

To use the word "scripted" is asinine.

16. supdudes

supdudes Member

maybe it's because the league of today is a colection of the weakest teams in history. Honestly I know some of you don't feel good about the Lakers w(h)inning (bad place for a pun?), but winners are winners. He maybe next year we'll win and have the rest of the league's fans hate on us???That'd be awesome :cool: Congrats LA for winning, and sorry LA cuz we're bout to take away your three-peat. Heard it here first folks!

17. clippy

clippy Member

Well, it just seems odd that in the 4th quarters of critical games the Lakers seem to be getting an inordinate amount of FTs to offset their poor shooting. Just in this last decade, Game #7 2000, Game #6 2002, and Game #7 2010 all featured the same "script", if you will. I am not even saying they would have lost those games had they been called legitimately... but it's a shame we'll never know.

Yes, they've had a lot of good players. Although Kobe "40% career shooting NBA Finals" is a manufactured star.

18. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

Boston blew that game. Artest stepped up. Props to LA. This should kill the Kobe GOAT talks though.

19. Juxtaposed Jolt

[​IMG]

20. Kwame

Kwame Contributing Member

Now all the Ron Artest haters here on clutchfans and everywhere else can stop hatin.