1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2010 NBA Eastern Conference Finals: Magic (#2) Vs. Celtics (#4)

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by abc2007, May 13, 2010.

?

Who will win this series?

1. Magic in 4

3 vote(s)
    1.4%
  2. Magic in 5

14 vote(s)
    6.3%
  3. Magic in 6

34 vote(s)
    15.4%
  4. Magic in 7

42 vote(s)
    19.0%
  5. Celtics in 4

25 vote(s)
    11.3%
  6. Celtics in 5

18 vote(s)
    8.1%
  7. Celtics in 6

66 vote(s)
    29.9%
  8. Celtics in 7

19 vote(s)
    8.6%
  1. MiracleShot

MiracleShot Member

Sorry, but you my friend, do not know spelling or grammar. :grin:

2. VBG

VBG Member

There's a difference between decent ball and Jameer Nelson. Jameer is 4th in PER in the postseason... He's not shooting his teams out of games. He can dribble penetrate better than Rafaer. He's better in every way.

Dwight is better than he was last year.

Rashard is on fire like he was last year.

Matt Barnes/Michael Pietrus being the toughness and are slightly better than Courtney Lee/Pietrus

Vince Carter > Hedo. I'm sorry but this isn't even a question. Hedo sucked last year during the playoffs. He was amazing at making the big play, but he shot his team out of games. Vince's shot and flow with the offense has continuously improved.

3. icewill36

icewill36 Member

this is an extremely tough call. boston matches up well with the magic and i can see it being easier for them to score than it will be for the magic. ray allen should be able to have a big series and so should paul pierce. im curious who doc will let guard VC. I think he could kill allen down on the box. they may not have to double d12 on perk but vc on the box against allen would. they could also try the 1-2 pick n roll to try to make rondo have to pick him up. vc is very strong, still has some lift, and really long arms which would make him hard to stop. i think this will go 7 though

4. Pete the Cheat

Magic SWEEP...

KG is going to be reminded he is old and broken down when its not Antawn Jamison gaurding him...

5. Tiger23

Tiger23 Member

I like the Magic and I had them in the NBA Finals easy before the Celtics re-emerged from the ashes but now with the C's lookin like '08, I think the Magic may be in trouble

with the C's takin ORl to 7 games last yr w/o Garnett its only common sense to figure they can def beat ORL now

I think its a good thing that the Celts dont have home court advantage cuz theyre 10X's better on the road than at home for some reason.. theyre like the '95 Rox that were incredible on the road

6. Codman

Codman Member

I'm betting that the Celtics steal game one. The Magic have been undefeated thus far, and I foresee them coming out playing complacently.

I don't like KG, but I do like Ray, Paul and Sheed.

So, I'm going for the Celts.

7. Codman

Codman Member

Um, no. The Magic are not playing the Hawks.

There will be no sweep. Doc Rivers and Tom Thibedou (I jacked his name up) are too good to allow that to happen.

The Celtics are stacked in the front court, and Sheed is due for some big games, especially on the defensive end.

8. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

Celtics in 6.

Garnett is healthy
    Rondo is the best player in the playoffs (even before Lebron was sent home)
    Perkins enjoys roughing up Howard (and Howard hates being roughed up)
    C's have quite a few big bodies to throw at Howard
    Carter is going to wilt from C's defense

9. Uprising

Uprising Member

Let's go Magic!

10. Keyser Soze

Keyser Soze Member

11. ASidd_1990

ASidd_1990 Rookie

Amazing that a guy who isn't even playing tonight, LeBron, is getting more coverage than both the Celtics and Magic.

They should just change there name to LeBron TV. :rolleyes:

12. abc2007

abc2007 Member

Magic needs 3s.

13. theimpossibles1

Yep they (Orlando) are just chunking up the first available shot every time down the court.

14. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Member

Boston's defense is back to 2008 form... no team in the NBA is going to score on em as easily.

15. abc2007

abc2007 Member

Inpressive 1st quarter for the celtics. The magic's offense needs new strategy.

16. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Like one of them said, this is the first real opposition the Magic have faced in a while. They should bounce back strong if they are worth a dime. It's just rust.

17. francis 4 prez

this series is over. just move boston ahead to the finals. howard is just going to keep throwing up ugly crap in single coverage and the rest of the magic are a bunch of soft chokers when they're not playing cleveland. boston is already in their heads.

18. The Cat

The Cat Member

I think that was seriously the best alleyoop I've ever seen. Tony Allen my goodness... :eek:

19. eveluvsrox

eveluvsrox Member

Orlando looks real sloppy..

20. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

C'mon now, you know better than that. The Magic are out of sorts and aren't playing much defense because of the layoff. Even if Boston wins today, this series is far from over. Before the series started, we all knew game 1 would be the easiest for the Celts to poach.

I don't think home-court means much at all in this series.