1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2010 NBA Draft Lottery Preview

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by hiephopp, May 14, 2010.

1. slpntz

slpntz Member

Tuesday is the big day!

2. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

Can't wait.... at least we'll know if we're in the top 3 in the beginning of the unveiling of picks.

3. rocketblaze

rocketblaze Member

Well from early talks many GM's in the projected top 10 feel like Whiteside is to much of a gamble to be taken in the top 10 ...

--RB

4. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

Would be so nice to get a top three pick. John Wall, Evan Turner, or Favors/Cousins. Can't go wrong with either of these four in the top three of the draft.

5. jump shooter

jump shooter Contributing Member

I don't believe what any GM says during this time of the year, which is better known as the "Big Lie". No GM will tell you the truth about any potential prospect and especially one that is 7'0 and athletic.

6. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

glad Brooks will be there, but I heard Morey on the radio suggest they hire this guy to be our representative:

[​IMG]

7. ansfjs73

ansfjs73 Member

8. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

If we can get one of those top 3 picks . . .

This team might be set for at least the most of this decade.

9. Severe Rockets Fan

Severe Rockets Fan Takin it one stage at a time...

Ah, kk, forgot about that :eek:

10. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

Good informative post. Thanks.

John Wall, I hope you look good in Red!

11. rocketteen

rocketteen Member

Would y'all accept a deal where :eek: IF :eek: the Rockets were fortunate enough to make it into the top 3, we ended up trading that pick and salaries (David Anderson, Jared Jeffries, Shane Battier) to Toronto for their #14 pick and signed and traded Bosh?

I would love to be able to keep Battier as the backup 3 for intangibles and for guarding purposes at the ends of games, but unless he's bought out by Toronto, I see no way we get Bosh without his contract unless we use Ariza instead. Which I would not prefer since he's younger and more active than Battier and would fit in perfect when Yao comes out of the lineup and we could be more run and gun with Bosh playing the 5. This would also allow Taylor to get more minutes at the 2 if he is in our plans as well as Buddinger more minutes at the 3

With the 14th pick, you can look at another swing guard 2/3 or a backup big man who will replace Scola in a few years and who can play 4 and 5; Udoh would be a good choice here if he slides.

You still get to keep Jordan Hill and he could be Yao's active backup 5 and you get to keep both of the New York picks for use in the future.

Our options and ability to keep a lot of our talent will be improved just by lucking into one of the top 3 spots.

12. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

Heck no.

I'd rather keep our top 3 pick, where we can get a great talent (Wall, Cousins/Favors, and ESPECIALLY Turner). We could get Bosh without giving up the pick.

13. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

14. Chamillionaire

i have a feeling we're gonna get the 14th pick. and morey will absolutely do something with it to either draft a player or trade the pick (+ a player) to get us another big.

15. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Ecspecially if they use that pick to get Demarcus Cousins.

16. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Yes!!! That's it!!!! I know it!!! I just know it!!!! :grin: :grin:

17. Htown's2kFinest

With about a 99% chance we'll end up with the 14th pick as expected, I wish the lottery would just come by already. Stern might as well hand us our pick now. Not even Steve Francis with a horse shoe up his you know could overcome those odds.

18. RoxTurk

RoxTurk Member

If we somehow get top 3 at the draft lottery we will be the favourites of the Lebron James madness this year.

Brooks/Lowry
    Martin/Chase/JT
    Ariza/Shane/Chase
    Scola/Hill/Jeffries
    Yao/Hayes/Andersen

+

2010 top three draft pick
    2011 Knicks pick
    2012 Knicks pick
    Draft Rights to Sergio Llull

Our team like 2 years ago Portland. This team is ready and set for being a long time contender just waiting for a superstar to lead us. And thank God we have more assets than anyone else in the league, best Gm and a very nice owner in Les Alexander. Hell yea we can even get Lebron&Bosh both if we get a top 3 draft pick.

#3 draft pick, Kevin Martin and Andersen to Cavs for Lebron.

Shane, Jeffries, Hill plus Knicks picks to Raps for Bosh and Bellinelli.

Brooks/Lowry
    Ariza/Bellinelli/JT
    Lebron/Chase
    Bosh/Scola
    Yao/Brad Miller/Hayes

I know it looks like a pipedream now but if we ever get top 3 pick this thursday, all Rockets fans will be insomniac this summer.

19. jump shooter

jump shooter Contributing Member

Agree. I don't expect the rockets to stay at #14 in this draft, infact I would be shocked if he didn't move up or possibly down. I read where Epke Udoh can possibly vault up the draft boards in a very big way as he possibly could have the most upside as far as bigs go (read an Andy Katz article on what GMs think of players).

20. ROCKCITY

ROCKCITY Member

[​IMG]