1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2010 MLB ALL STAR GAME

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by blahblehblah, Jul 13, 2010.

Tags:
  1. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

and of course he immediately gets into trouble with first and third no outs...

2. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

Everybody b****es about the NBA All Star Weekend every year. The Home Run Derby delivers a hell of a lot more than the Slam Dunk or 3 Point competitions.

3. BrooksBall

BrooksBall Contributing Member

It's tought not to call that after Andrus came off the bag but I thought he might have gotten his foot back on in time.

4. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

that's cute...

maybe if the NBA All Star Game could find its way to a major network instead of TNT/cable.

5. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

What does that have to do with anything, at all?

6. MadMax

really? :) what do you think it means?

7. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

When it comes to entertainment value? Nothing.

What do YOU think it means?

8. MadMax

i think it means.....

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/-pFweJLd2MM&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/-pFweJLd2MM&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

9. Rockets Pride

Rockets Pride Member

10. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

If the NBA All Star Game were considered valuable entertainment, it'd be on ABC. The NBA All Star Game is even on the weekend when networks aren't even locked into their primetime schedules. The MLB All Star Game commands a primetime slot on a weekday on a major network.

11. MadMax

woo hoo...time to break the drought!!! (please!!!)

12. Rockets Pride

Rockets Pride Member

is Lidge the NL closer??? :rolleyes: :grin:

13. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

fixed. :)

14. Legend Killer

Legend Killer Contributing Member

exactly... nobody cares to watch the NBA All Star Game, its basically a glorified practice, and dont even get me started on the disaster that is the slam dunk contest

15. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

Lets hope so... but its crazy and hard to believe, they've lost 12 straight... Even the Orioles play the Yankees 12 straight time, its highly unlikely they lose 12 straight.

In regards to the nba all stars vs mlb all stars game... while I'm a big fan of the nba game, its no where near as compelling a game as mlb's version. Its great to see the nba stars on the court together, but unfortunately the game isnt a real game. We dont get to see a highly competitive, serious or cohesive game. Instead we get, no defense, circus shots, one on one turns, turnovers and maybe if we are lucky 5-10 minutes of real competitive ball in the 4th quarter. In contrast the MLB all star games is no holds bar, competition. The pitchers is throwing his best stuff, the hitters trying their best to get a hit, fielders going all out for the ball, in other words, the best competing against the best. The only drawback to mlb all star game is unlike back in the 60's etc the best players only play two or three innings.

16. Legend Killer

Legend Killer Contributing Member

Bourn is in the game!

17. Rip Van Rocket

Rip Van Rocket Contributing Member

I blinked, I guess I missed him.

18. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

Wow...no clue the Astros had a black player on the roster.

19. DontTradeOswalt

And he strikes out against former Astros great, Jose Valverde....am scared of Broxton to close the game especially with A-Rod on the bench

20. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Maybe it's just me, but I don't like the fact that managers change the lineup around so every player gets to play. That's not real baseball. Considering now "it counts", why are we not seeing the BEST players playing in the late innings? Oh yeah because they were subbed out a long time ago, so basically we are watching 2nd and 3rd tier baseball players who's teams are probably not even going to make the Playoffs play for HFA.

There is no semblance of a real baseball game, that counts in the all star game. At least in basketball, the best players start but they also close the game.

And as I type this, Bourn just had a 3 second at bat lol. Hope he stays in to play center.