1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2010-2011 Season NY Knicks Thread

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by peleincubus, Oct 24, 2010.

1. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

I will be watching the Knicks almost as close as the Rockets this season. It will be fun for me to root for another team's misfortune, for the gain of the Rockets. And regardless if the Rockets choose to trade the pick(s) sometime this season. They will only be worth more in a trade the more they lose.

And i still think the Knicks are at least one season from making the playoffs. The eastern conference is stronger then some people are making it out to be in my opinion.

So my bold prediction for the Knicks pick this year will be the 6th pick in the draft.

2. DaJet

DaJet Member

Sadly, in a top heavy East, they will be in the 6-8th seed facing either the Celtics or Heat in the 1st round.

3. DontTradeOswalt

Anybody think the Knicks will lose games on purpose if they suck? To try to secure the 1st overall pick?

4. desi tmac91

desi tmac91 Member

There is a 75% chance they won't have their own pick even with the worst record so no.

5. DontTradeOswalt

If the Knicks look like they'll have the 5th or 6th pick half way thru the season, they will lose every game possible to get the number 1 pick. They have everything to lose and nothing to gain if they dont

6. YaoZow

YaoZow Member

Knicks have been rebuilding for what seems like a decade. They're done with it and aren't interested in picks, they want players that are ready to play today.

By securing Amare, the Knicks are in win now mode.

They'll add another 1st or 2nd tier star before long.

7. DontTradeOswalt

What if they secure the 1st overall pick, ship it for CP3, and get Melo?

8. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

yes they will, but in the offseason through free agency. because if they do it during the season then they will have to get rid of what little depth they do have to get anyone close to being a star player.

unless i guess a team like the grizzlies just hands them over a gasol type player. which would suck.

9. Kojirou

Kojirou Member

And even if they lose every game, the chances are still against them getting #1. Did you read desi's post?

10. DontTradeOswalt

If they don't get the #1 pick and they suck, they'll have a pick somewhere in the 20s while the Rockets have a top 10 pick. 25% chance of getting the #1 pick is better than a pick in the 20s, so it doesn't hurt to try if your the Knicks.

11. BetterThanEver

BetterThanEver Contributing Member

They weren't even bad enough to get the 5th or 6th seed last year. They are slightly better this year with Amare.

12. RoxSqaud

RoxSqaud Member

13. BetterThanEver

BetterThanEver Contributing Member

Vegas Insider have the Knicks at 35.5 wins and the 11th worst record.

Is Vegas way off on the Knicks and underrating Amare's impact or are the fans overestimating the impact of Amare Stoudemire?

14. da_juice

da_juice Member

I'll keep y'all posted. I live just outside of New York so I see every game on tv plus the the Mike D'antoini show.

15. Pieman2005

Pieman2005 Member

75% chance they can get the pick? I'm confused, I thought we had their 1st round draft rights for next year? :confused:

16. da_juice

da_juice Member

We cna swap picks with them unless it's number one overall. Then the next year unless it's a top 5 pick, we get it. If that happens then we get another top 5 protected pick in 2013. The pattern then continues until 2020, in which case we would be cash compensated.

17. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

poor rockets lost last night.

if they win tonight and the knicks lose. all will be forgotten. and peleincubus will be happy :cool:

18. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

and this to by the way

TORONTO -- Anthony Randolph was walking with the aid of crutches Wednesday morning as the New York Knicks held their shootaround prior to their season opener against the Raptors, and said the ankle he sprained Tuesday should only keep him sidelined for a week at most.

Anthony Randolph

A. Randolph

Also, coach Mike D'Antoni pronounced rookie Timofey Mozgov "100 percent" a day after the 7-foot-1 center bruised his hip at practice.

Randolph's injury, sustained when he landed on a teammate's foot at practice, had the potential to exacerbate one of the Knicks' biggest weaknesses from the preseason -- their propensity to get outrebounded. Their opponents grabbed an average of 12.1 more rebounds per game in eight preseason games.

The 21-year-old Randolph had been penciled in as the backup power forward, a role that will now temporarily fall to Wilson Chandler in his new role as a reserve.

Chandler was the Knicks' starting two-guard last season, but that job has now been handed to rookie Landry Fields, the second-round pick from Stanford who led the Pac-10 in scoring and rebounding last season.

"I'm feeling much better today than I did yesterday," said Randolph, who missed the final 47 games of last season with torn ligaments in his left ankle -- the same one he re-injured Tuesday. "It wasn't as bad as it could have been. The other injury is healed up fine. It's healthy."

D'Antoni's elevation of Landry into the starting five was the most surprising news to come out of the final portion of training camp. He averaged 8.6 points and 2.9 rebounds in the preseason, shooting 59 percent, and was given the starting nod after D'Antoni toyed with the idea of using Toney Douglas alongside Raymond Felton in an alignment of two pure point guards.

"If Wilson was starting and got into foul trouble, we would be a little bit behind [depth-wise]. But Wilson will be able to spell the 4 and the 3, so there are different reasons why you want to start Landry, and that would be one of them," D'Antoni said.

With Randolph inactive, Shawne Williams was expected to be on the active list for Wednesday's opener.

19. YaoZow

YaoZow Member

It's against the Raptors but the Knicks are looking very good tonight.

They should waltz through all the scrub teams in the East.

20. AggieRocketsFan

Now I understand... David Andersen was sent to the same division as the NYK to help lower their draft pick!

Morey strikes again!

1 person likes this.