1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[2009] Monday Morning Weigh-in

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by weslinder, Jan 5, 2009.

1. Lady_Di

Lady_Di Contributing Member

It is hard at first but you'll get used to it. I don't drink soda that much. When I do, I'd just drink a cup of coke once a week. Water is my main source of drink. It's so much better for you. Sometimes, I'd have orange juice on the weekends. It will get easier if you keep drinking water so it becomes a habit.

2. DreamRoxCoogFan

Thanks for the pointers- whats some good stuff to eat? I usually eat cereal for breakfast or some sort of sandwich... not the best i know :(
    lunch really varies and where I could use the most help- I eat out normally because im out (at UH) for lunch and don't really have great options. im pretty bad at packing my own meals so yeah. I can't eat meat (outside of the house- its a kosher type thing- I eat halal meat only) so basically its veggies and seafood. Suggestions for lunch? I mean since Im trying to make the effort- I could try to make lunch. however once the semester starts (Jan 20th) I'm on campus all the time so I can't do that either so basically some pointers for meals. thanks!

3. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Shut up Kam, You weigh as much as the Vanessa Hudgens poster you jerk off to.

4. weslinder

weslinder Contributing Member

I weighed 219.3 this morning. I'm down 2.9 pounds from last week and 4.9 pounds this year. I was worried mid-week, but then I really got after it and turned it into a good week.

5. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Floating around 202 - 204, but now back to what I started this CFnet challenge -- 200 lbs. It will be nice when the cedar pollen dies down in Austin so I can run around outside without having an asthma-like sneeze/ cough attack.

6. CriscoKidd

CriscoKidd Member

stil 184, but haven't really done anything yet.

7. Tb-Cain

Tb-Cain Member

steady eddy. 1.5 pounds last week, and 1.5 pounds the week before. down to 197 now.

8. Summer Song Giver

Sitting at 250 this AM, weighed 248 Friday but didn't adhere to things over the weekend; so -2 lbs so far.

9. conquistador#11

220, at where i started, but my face is thinner.

10. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

Why are so many people not updating the spreadsheet?

I'm down 2 more lbs this week and just got an email this morning from a guy who accepted my offer for his treadmill. I can't tell you how much of a mental hurddle 200lbs is for me. I can't remember the last time I got on a scale and saw a one in front. Probably been a year or so. I'm hoping I'll be there by the end of the month now that I'll be able to do some running after work.

This thread is what is keeping me going. I don't want to have a week where I can't post a negative number. Thanks for starting it Weslinder.

11. BrieflySpeaking

BrieflySpeaking Contributing Member

Lost 6 pounds this week. Sitting at 230.5 right now.

12. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

I graduated a couple of years ago and didn't use the place much when I was there, but isn't there a place underground where you can get a good sized baked potato? That's a good option for lunch as long as you don't load it up with bad things (cheese, tons of butter, bacon bits, etc.). Just add a little salt and pepper, some low fat butter if they offer it, and maybe some low fat sour cream if they've got that too. They probably have some broccoli you can throw on there too, if that's up your alley.

13. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Also, Chick-Fil-A will make a grilled chicken sandwich if you ask for it, much healthier than the fried filet.

I weighed in at 246 this morning, down about 4 pounds from last Monday.

14. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

I almost forgot! UH also has a Wendy's, which is where I eat a lot of the time when I'm in a rush but want to eat healthier than your average fast food joint. Just order a sour cream and chives baked potato and a small chili. Toss about half of the chili into the baked potato and eat the rest out of the cup. If you want something sweet, ask for some mandarin oranges. For a drink I would suggest a water, unsweetened tea, or a diet soda. All that combined is only 10 grams of fat and less than 600 calories. Not to mention less sugar than a can of soda.

15. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

266 so minus 3 this week. I'm happy with the results considering I wasn't 100% on my diet and I really only got to the gym this weekend.

16. Lady_Di

Lady_Di Contributing Member

No change. Why are you guys losing weight?? I have been working out and eating right. I don't get it. Maybe my metabolism is slowing down. =( I guess I need to give it time until I see results. I'm impatient.

17. BrieflySpeaking

BrieflySpeaking Contributing Member

Are you drinkin a lot of water?? Stay away from carbs. Dont eat late.

18. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Sometimes you have to just keep pressing on.

I dropped 10-15 pounds pretty easily when I started my diet and workout program last September.

The month after that I just wasn't losing anything. I would workout more, drink more water, eat less every week, just wasn't seeing it on the scale.

Sometimes you have to just take not gaining anything and toning up as a victory over the numbers.

19. finalsbound

finalsbound Contributing Member

I was off on my initial starting weight; it didn't feel like it but I had actually gained around 5 pounds over the holidays and my trip to California. So, since the start of this thread I've lost 2 pounds.

20. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

a) it's naturally harder for women to lose weight
    b) is your weight relatively low already? that will make it even more difficult for you.
    c) my diet has been pretty crappy previously, so actually watching calories makes me lose weight rather quickly. that and I pretty much drink water exclusively.