1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[2009] Monday Morning Weigh-in

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by weslinder, Jan 5, 2009.

1. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

All that stuff is pretty much complete bull****.

You can't lose weight fast without working hard, unless you're cheating (surgery, trying to touch your larynx, etc)

2. Rox_fan_here

Rox_fan_here Contributing Member

Down 26 lbs since this started. I feel like a new person. This is incredible.

3. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

No kidding.

Plus that ad is completely phony.

I've seen that "before" pic used with 3 different "after" pics..

Any one of those chicks would have unhidable loose skin if they lost THAT much weight.

I really wish clutch Would pull those deceptive ads

4. finalsbound

finalsbound Contributing Member

Actually that is the same person...she was on the UK Biggest Loser.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/huv0VtarBFw&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/huv0VtarBFw&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

...not that The Biggest Loser is even close to being a healthy diet system...

5. Asian Sensation

You're a personal trainer correct? How tall are you? I don't see how you're carrying that much weight and body fat % from when you posted a picture while ago. Unless I'm confusing you with another board member :confused:

6. DonnyMost

Supporting Member

6'2".

Yes I am a PT.

3 years ago I weighed over 300lbs.

7. finalsbound

Have you ever talked about it on here, how you did it? Your lifestyle then vs. your lifestyle now?

I like weight loss stories. :)

8. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

wow thats impressive. i bet you get a lot of compliments on how you look these days.

9. Asian Sensation

Me too.. Congrats on the transformation Donny. What is your target body fat % / weight goal?

10. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

I'm 6'2, with a large build... I look downright skinny when I'm around 200 pounds.

I assume Donny is probably around the same.

11. DonnyMost

Supporting Member

I've never really talked about it, at least in super detail, with anyone.

The reader's digest version:

2006. Working 60 hours a week at a public section job. Putting in 12 hours working on my PhD. Somehow managing a world of warcraft addiction. My weight completely ballooned up from 240ish (college weight) to 308lbs over the course of a year.

I quit my job, dropped out of school.. miserable, felt like I wanted to die.

Cut off all my hair, went into isolation, started going to the gym for a bare minimum of 30 minutes a day every day. I remember pushing myself to even hit a mile running. Felt like I was going to die. Not being able to lift 15lbs above my head with one arm. So sad.

But I kept at it. As I rehabbed I started working as a gym cleaning crap for spare money. I was pretty down in the dumps career wise, and I decided to work there mostly for the free membership. I took that as an opportunity to immerse myself in a new lifestyle. I went gym nuts. I started working out 1-2 hours a day every day. Running the loop at rice til my blisters popped. You name it. In a span from about July 06 to Jan 07 I went from 300+ to 245, eventually getting down to 220 by July of 07.

The manager of the gym noticed my dedication and decided to ask me if I had ever thought about personal training, which I hadn't. But I talked about it with him and he agreed that if I passed my certification course and worked for him, he would pay my course fees. So I took a chance and did it and have been loving it ever since.

I've learned so much since this transformation, about fitness, about business, and about myself. I really can't imagine where I would be if not for throwing everything away and taking that leap of faith to start a new life.

There are people, to this day, who do not recognize me. They're mostly people I don't care for though, so I don't bother letting them know who I am :)

I float between 220 and 230 pretty regularly. Ideally I want to hit 220 and be at 20% BF. I've come close several times, but like anybody I am not perfect and have my ups and downs. But I've come a long ass way, and I know that this is a marathon and not a sprint.

I have made, in the last 16 months, more drastic changes to my diet than I can ever remember. I used to be a supplement w**** and a preserved/frozen/quick meal junkie. I sucked in the kitchen and never cooked.

Now I make almost 100% of my meals from scratch and watch my intake like a hawk. I am working now on phasing out all processed foods from my diet, and eating completely raw foods.

Pretty much. I am large and in charge.

12. Asian Sensation

Sooo what was her name? JK. Props on the effort and dedication. Great story.

13. finalsbound

Wow, thanks for sharing that...what an awesome story and such dedication.

I never thought I could be a gym rat but I have been working out every day the past couple/three weeks and I find my body craving exercise now at around 7 each morning.

...man, what a great testimony to hard work your story is...