1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[2009] Monday Morning Weigh-in

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by weslinder, Jan 5, 2009.

1. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

If he lost 50 pounds in 5 months walking 2 miles a day I think its safe to say he did enough.

2. BrieflySpeaking

BrieflySpeaking Contributing Member

read my post after that

3. Boomhauer

Boomhauer Contributing Member

5'8" and heck yeah it's worth giving up the food and drink. I never get heartburn like I used to and feel lighter when I walk. Basically I lost 15-17 pounds a month.

4. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

When I was about 20 years old I quit drinking sugar sodas and that helped me lose about 40 pounds. I still drank Diet sodas, but back then I was playing a lot of basketball and walking a lot.

Now I'm 24 and I put all that weight back on now, going to drastic measures this time to take it off. Eating mostly fruits and veggies, fish as my only source of meat, and drinking about 3 liters - 1 full gallon of water per day.

5. Boomhauer

Boomhauer Contributing Member

6. finalsbound

finalsbound Contributing Member

I have to take a final credit hour to graduate this spring, so I'm taking a PE spinning class. It's actually really fun, and I work out at 80-90% of my max heart rate for much of the class. The leader said that she has had people drop 10% of their body weight quite regularly over the course of the class, so I feel really motivated right now.

I've been staying away from processed foods and refined sugar. For me, if I have even one taste of a pastry, sugary muffin, snack cake or high-fat cookie, I'm doomed. It's almost like being an alcoholic - I just have to stay away from those foods. It's not hard to resist them, but if I decided to give in, I know I'd fall off the wagon.

I've been eating a LOT of fruit. I bought jarred grapefruit (with no added sugar or preservatives) and it's been the greatest breakfast ever (cup of grapefruit sections with a couple pieces of toast with NSA grape jam). Lots of sauteed vegetables, beans, salads, tofu and tempeh. I also snack on almonds throughout the day (I try to eat plain, but I love the jalepeno smokehouse flavor). I snack on tomatoes too...it's surprising how satisfying a medium-sized tomato is.

So far progress is looking good. Once I get in a healthy food-groove I usually stick to it pretty well. So this is just the beginning. I'm already feeling better. I've got ~30-35 pounds to go, and would like to reach my goal sometime this summer.

7. DreamRoxCoogFan

aren't bagels bad for you(in terms of weight loss?)

8. DreamRoxCoogFan

well i run do the spint/walks around the track for about 5 laps (meaning i walk the short parts and run the long ones). Then I lift weights (sometimes free weights, sometimes machines), then I do a little bit of abs stuff on the mat, and then I finish with 10 mins on the elliptical (maybe longer if something is on tv).

Diet is what I need to improve. mainly when im at school, its basically subway- veggie subs only- i recently have started cutting out the cheese and mayo and stuff. When im at home, theres a lot of variety...

9. finalsbound

Do they have the Veggie Max subs at the UH Subway? Those are so damn good...

I only have 5 meals/week at the residence halls, but man I love that so-called "fat-free" honey dijon they have at the salad bar. Skeptical that it's fat free, but I would still eat it every day.

The other day I got their oil-soaked squash and zucchini sautee and put it on a baked potato. Surprisingly good.

If the OB only had veggie burgers...

10. IROC it

IROC it Contributing Member

Shhhhhhh. It's a grown-up donut. ;)

BTW - I'm down 10 lbs. :D

11. DreamRoxCoogFan

They got em at the UH subway, and the subway on scott street. Also, I used to be able to get the veggie burgers at the OB when I requested them from the cook. The quietly groaned and rolled their eyes, but most of the time, I got my wish.

12. Tb-Cain

Tb-Cain Member

i just found my records from 2 years ago, the last time i worked out for an extended period. i recorded 30 weeks and got down to 170 lbs and 9% bf.

it's only been 3 weeks so far this time, but it looks like i'm right on track. it'll be interesting to see how close i am each week to where i was 2 years ago.

hopefully, my 37 year old body responds just as well as my 35 year old body did. :D

13. finalsbound

Wow...I might have to try that. I'm sure they still cook it on the beef grease-soaked grill of course. *sigh*

14. emoreland

emoreland Contributing Member

this needs to be a sticky.

15. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

so...I got sick this week, my diet was not very stellar, and I didn't make it to the gym once due to said sickness. I still lost 3 pounds, yay.

hopefully this week I'll be able to increase that a little, anywho -- grand total is minus 7 pounds.

did someone delete the spreadsheet?

16. Tb-Cain

Tb-Cain Member

just noticed that too....that kinda sucks. :(

1/5 - 200 lbs
    1/12 - 198.5
    1/19 - 197
    1/26 - 195

5 lbs in 3 weeks

17. weslinder

weslinder Contributing Member

I had a bad week because of a lot of other commitments that kept me from the gym and off my diet, but I still managed to lose 1 Pound to 218.2.

Someone screwed up the spreadsheet, so there's no place to log your weight. I have a saved copy at my house, so I'll put it back up this evening.

18. BigBenito

BigBenito Member

Eh, did the spreadsheet go boom?

19. MoBalls

MoBalls Contributing Member

Down 8.5 lbs.

20. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

that's the problem I see with having a fully open spreadsheet like that...some idiot is bound to mess with it. either by accident or in this case; probably intentionally. I mean otherwise how do you accidently delete every single cell except 2? very mature.