1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[2009] Monday Morning Weigh-in

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by weslinder, Jan 5, 2009.

1. weslinder

weslinder Contributing Member

Spreadsheet is updated. If my math is right, ClutchFans BBS is 73.5 pounds lighter so far this year.

2. Realjad

Realjad Contributing Member

Can I do this if I'm trying to GAIN weight? I was a healthy 160 a year ago but got sick and fell to 150 I never recovered and fell to an unhealthy looking 135.. I'm making it my mission to get back to 160 and look sturdy/healthy again.

On 1/12/09 I weighed in at 138
    On 1/19/09 I weight in at 141

3. weslinder

weslinder Contributing Member

According to KingCheetah, no, but a couple of other people are. I'll add you to the list, but I won't add you in when I tally weight loss.

4. Realjad

Realjad Contributing Member

Cool thanks! Hope I reach my goals and you all too

5. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Nice, good job.

I'm going to start weighing in on Saturday mornings, if that's OK. Like someone else mentioned, I go hard during the week and kind of ease up on the weekends, so Monday mornings ain't the best time of the week for me to be weighing in... :)

6. MoBalls

MoBalls Contributing Member

Darnit! I only lost 1.5 this week. Down 6.5 lbs.

7. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

ARGH!!!!!! :mad:

:eek: O.K. ... O.K. ... I'm cool...

:( I didn't gain or lose anything. I will exercise plenty this week and avo... wow, this Kolache is so GOOOD... no, wait. Yes, I am still at 165.

8. DreamRoxCoogFan

pretty pissed- i weigh the same. i busted my ass all week at the gym- wtf? trying to stay positive. any suggestions on why?

9. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

Are you maybe building muscle?

Plus for me, the weight I lose is more of a two week cycle than a one. If I am good one week and bad the next I still lose a little and then the next week gain it back to a certain extent.

10. Tb-Cain

Tb-Cain Member

i've weighed the same the past 4 days in a row. my guess is that it takes time for the metabolism to speed up after increasing exercises and adjusting the diet.

also, during this time of initial change in behavior, maybe the body is more inclined to hang on to the fat? that, i'm not sure about, but it sounds reasonable.

think long term. the metabolism will come around. ultimately it's a quesiton of calories in vs. calories expended and needed to maintain weight.

just keep it up.

11. DreamRoxCoogFan

got a little dilemma- im living on the UH campus, but I dont have mealplans (I dont trust the 'vegetarian options' and there are too few of them). I dont really know where to go to get a healthy breakfast? If i was at home, Id make my own, but I dont have that option in the dorms. I mean I could go to the HEB down the street but is there anything on/close to campus (for people familiar to UH campus) or something that I could do while living on a college campus (for people who dont know UH, but have gone through the same thing)?

and yes, I have a fridge.

12. Fatty FatBastard

Cereal. Bagel. Muffins. Toast. Fruit.

Is it really that hard?

13. Boomhauer

Boomhauer Contributing Member

I'm late to this thread but have been on a diet since September. I started at 230 pounds. I'm now down to 180(this morning). I have 5-10 pounds more to go until I get to my ultimate goal of between 170-175.

14. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Impressive, what is your diet and workout regiment?

15. droxford

droxford Member

What kind of workout were you doing?

If you're weightlifsting, you might be replacing fat with muscle mass, which weighs more than fat. If you were doing an aerobic exercise, my next question would be to ask what your diet is like.

16. Boomhauer

Boomhauer Contributing Member

Well, I started by cutting back on the alcohol(beer), #1. :D I don't eat at McDonald's or at the local Taqueria for breakfast anymore. I eat the Strawberry Mini wheats using 2% milk instead of whole milk. I also stay away from the buffet lines. :eek: I drink lots of water, no cokes/sodas. I might have a diet drink or sugar free Red Bull every once in a while to take away from snacking. I used to be bad at eating dessert at night right before bed. I also took away one side dish from my meals. As far as the workout, I just take a 2 mile walk each day.

17. BrieflySpeaking

BrieflySpeaking Contributing Member

Youre not working out enough.

18. CoolGuy

CoolGuy Contributing Member

thats it, and you lost 50lbs in 3months?!?!?!? That's awesome. How tall are you if you dont mind me asking? Do you think the weight loss is worth giving up all the food/drink?

Boomhauer is an example of how easy it is to lose weight, you just have to be dedicated to eating a little healthier.

19. BrieflySpeaking

BrieflySpeaking Contributing Member

oops, I thought you were complaining that you werent losing weight!!! My bad!! But I'd rather jog than run :eek:

20. Like A Breath

Like A Breath Member

Haven't eaten fast food past two weeks (except Subway, no cheese and no condiments) and steered clear of all sugary and carbonated beverages. Eating fruit and maybe a Slimfast in the morning, usually a Lean Cuisine for lunch, and light dinners. May have a fat free Jell-O pudding or string cheese at 8-9 since my body is so used to eating at like 1 am that I get major munchies at night.

Got a gym membership, been doing treadmill/bike/elliptical every day with some weight training.

Lost 6 pounds so far. Not sure if that's all too good, but I'm optimistic that my body will start speeding up its metabolism.