1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2008 World Series: Philadelphia Phillies vs. Tampa Bay Rays

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Lil Pun, Oct 20, 2008.

1. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Member

First game is 7:00 PM Wednesday, October 22.

Projected starters are Cole Hamels for Philadelphia and Scott Kazmir for Tampa Bay.

I think MLB would have loved a Boston-Los Angeles match-up but it's the Phillies and Rays for the title. So, who you got?

2. justtxyank

justtxyank Member

Despite what ESPN may try to tell you, the Rays are not the underdog in this series. They are a better team and are probably going to win.

That said, I am pulling for the Phillies.

3. MadMax

MadMax Member

Go Phils!

4. BiGGieStuFF

BiGGieStuFF Member

Pulling for the phillies. I was born there in '76 and when i was a kid i had a philly fanatic doll that I got from a game there. :). Ah the memories as I always wondered what the HECK that thing was.

5. Surfguy

Surfguy Member

Wow...don't really care and I doubt I will watch.

I want the Phillies to lose just because I don't like how Brad Lidge was traded and is now basically having a perfect season. He hasn't blown a save. I don't want him getting the pennant to add on to his storybook season. I know other Astros fans are probably rooting for him. I don't work that way. I root against former team members...even if we traded them and it was out of their control. Also, if we would have kept Lidge, then we know he would have not had the same season he is having in Philly. That's just wishful thinking based on false hope. It had to be the change of scenery that did it.

6. fadeaway

fadeaway Member

Both teams are deserving. I will be happy for whoever wins.

Having said that, I have a feeling the Rays will pull it out in 7 games.

7. BrieflySpeaking

8. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Member

Great for the Rays to comeback and close it out...I like the Rays 6, but the Phillies will be tough...

9. hjg877

hjg877 Member

I'm not either team's fan, but I like the Rays in this series.

Plus I'll be at games 1 & 2. :)

10. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Member

This serious will no doubt pull in one of the worst ratings ever.

11. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

Would love to see the Phillies win mainly because the Rays have numerous people on their team that I really don't like. The only ones I do like are Maddon, Cliff Floyd (former Red Sox great), Chad Bradford (another former Red Sox great), Eric Hinske (also former Red Sox great), Rocco Baldelli (great story about how he is just being able to play in the majors after all he has been through) and David Price (absolute beast and first cousin to a lady I go to church with). The rest of the team?? Can't stand them.

But as much as I would like to see Philly win, I think it will be Tampa. It is just destiny for them to win it this season.

12. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Member

Surfguy, do you realize that you're being a meanie to Brad Lidge because of management's decisions? :(

I, myself, can't stand rooting for ANY AL team to win it, much less rooting against a guy we really want to do well. Dude, if he went to the Phillies and bad-mouthed the Astros, I could see your point. Please show me how much you "hate" Brad by displaying something he said or did against his former team.

Go, Lidge!

13. MadMax

MadMax Member

why so serious?

14. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Member

LOL! :D

15. Apollo Creed

Apollo Creed Contributing Member

I'm rooting for...myself, to actually stay awake

16. Rocket Fan

Rocket Fan Member

I root for David Price so I'll be rooting for the Rays.

17. Apollo Creed

Apollo Creed Contributing Member

DPOF!

18. Surfguy

Surfguy Member

Like I said, I don't root for former team members. I root against them. Brad Lidge is a fine person...and I could give a *****. I don't care about what players say. That has nothing to do with it. I want him to taste defeat. I guess I don't get you people that follow former teammates around the league hoping they do well and win it all. There's only one team I root for.

19. MadMax

MadMax Member

Lidge is an exception for me. He just never said anything that makes me dislike him. I certainly wouldn't root for him against the 'stros. But between a team I care nothing about and a team with Brad Lidge on it...I'll root for the Brad Lidge team.

20. Rocket Fan

Rocket Fan Member

LOL, I guess you could say that.... I'm a Vandy fan so I'm rooting for him. I don't really have any other particular reason to root for either team.

I'm glad they put him in last night!