1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2008 Orlando Magic vs 2013 Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by TheRealAllpro, Jul 10, 2013.

?

The Rockets would be underachieving if they don't...

1. Win the NBA Finals

6.9%
  2. Win the Conference Finals

27.6%
  3. Win the In the Semis

55.2%
  4. Win in the First

17.2%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

When you just compare the Roster/Depth chart you realize the potential of the Rockets this coming up year.

Magic Rockets

PG: Alston Lin
    SG: Lee/Reddick Harden
    SF: Turkoglu Parson
    PF: Lewis Jones/Dmo
    C: Howard Howard

This Magic Team actually got to the finals and won a game! They even beat lebron along the way. They won 59 games. There was no nelson yet or Anderson or Carter (lol). Their main strength outside of Howard was 3 pointing shooting and Gortat giving them 13 mins a game. As the Warrior found last year this Rockets team can shoot the 3 and I heard Asik was alright.

The main question we have to ask is "Will this Howard come back?" I believe the odds are good. First if you look at the numbers Howard was good for this season (2008) and the next two. Only in his last two has he slipped out of the top 5. In only 2011 Espn ranked him as the second best player in the Nba. 3rd, year after. Only in really in this past year was he anything less than a board line all-time great. All this while recovering from an injury, in a new city, two new coaches and a system that clearly didn't fit this style, strengths, personality type or preferences.

Howard has proven he take a very unimpressive team to the finals. A team that would not have made the playoffs in the east without him. Now he inherits a team that won 45 games without him. A young team that Morey said he expects to grow together to push 50 wins just from growing up. Add in the genius of Morey filling out the intricacies of the roster and the fact that he is entering his prime at 27 with Mchale and the Dream and you have the potential of a great team.

Both Harden and Parsons are better than anyone else on the Magic's roster. This Rockets Team has more depth with Beverly, Asik, D-Mo, Cannon among others.

What was that Magic team better at? Were they more experienced? Maybe? Were they benefiting off a weak east? Maybe?

It is my contention that this team here should look to win 60 ish games and contend for a title. If Howard can do it with that team, why not this team?

2. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

2013 Rockets have way stiffer competition than the 2008 Magic.

3. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

I'm not saying Parsons won't be better, but he's only played two seasons albeit two impressive seasons. But that was turkoglus career year and rashard Lewis' as well. Statistically it wasn't lewis' best, but he sacrificed a lot and did exactly what the team needed that season. To say parsons is better than either that season is very questionable.

4. PainNoLove

PainNoLove Member

I don't think we've seen the 2013-2014 Rockets on the court yet. Lets not be like Lakers fans last year
    [​IMG]

Yep, that was lots of fun...