1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2008 free agents: (Arenas, Jamison, Brand)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by prodigy08, Mar 29, 2008.

1. prodigy08

prodigy08 Clutchfans Lurker

is there even a slight probability that one of these guys can sign with us and wear houston red? i know some of you guys hate arenas..but for me the most logical choice amongst these three is either brand or jamison because we obviously need someone that can rebound and stretch the floor so that we can relieve the pressure off big yao...

by the way josh smith is also gonna be a FA this year..
    your thoughts about this?

2. WhoMikeJames

WhoMikeJames Contributing Member

I want Josh Smith. I don't think Arenas would want to come here, Jamison is probably going to a mediocre team, and we already have the PF spot taken care of.

3. stillillmatic

stillillmatic Member

I want elton brand, but a all star caliber point guard would be even better, but say no to arenas.

4. prodigy08

now that i think of it, we might as well scratch off arenas that list..he's just gonna hog the ball...less touches for everyone :D

5. abc2007

abc2007 Member

Jose Calderon or Devin Harris!

6. prodigy08

calderon is going to re-sign with the raptors

7. theogcasey

theogcasey Contributing Member

Arenas wouldn't come here because he would be overshadowed by Yao and Tracy and as helpful as Jamison and Brand could be, like a previous poster stated, we have the PF spots happily occupied. I don't think any of that will be going down in the off season.

8. abc2007

abc2007 Member

No, I don't think so since T. J. Ford is the starting pg for the raptors now.

9. stillillmatic

stillillmatic Member

YEA! either of those two would be AWESOME! I would probably prefer calderon cuz he can really shoot the lights out. he would be awesome to help spread the floor. But, devin harris's is pretty tight too, and his potential is probably a lot higher.

But, other than free agents, I would really wanna see Mike Miller on this team, he's a big versatile guard, exactly what we need.

10. hooroo

hooroo Member

josh smith will get the max.

josh childress is more realistic but it'd have to be through sign and trade maybe jackson+head+1st round pick?

11. theogcasey

Devin Harris?! I never want to see an ex-Mav wear Rockets Red!

12. stillillmatic

stillillmatic Member

yea, even though we are pretty good at PF w/ scola and landry, but let's face it I would take brand in a heartbeat even if it means losing one or both of them. Come on, this guy was a legit MVP candidate. With Yao, and Brand, we'd be definetly have one of the best offensive and defensive frontlines in the league.

13. prodigy08

we probably need a backup perimeter defender for battier and a consistent shooter to backup tmac..

14. hooroo

hooroo Member

what about juwan?

15. prodigy08

yeah throw in JVG while your at it :D

16. stillillmatic

stillillmatic Member

we need a legit 3rd star.

17. theogcasey

Fine, I'll do it... :D

18. stillillmatic

stillillmatic Member

GOOD, go get elton brand, word on the street is that he's a freaking beast.

19. prodigy08

championship caliber teams should have at least 3 stars on a team :)
    just take a look at the spurs..and how about dallas? they reached the finals with 3 stars on their team

20. stillillmatic

stillillmatic Member

i think it's pretty much a universally agreed upon that the two most important positions are centers and points. The last few championship teams all pretty much had good to awesome points. i.e- tony parker, Billups, fisher. even jason williams was halfway decent the year heat won it. And even all the contenders have a great point guard. from nash to baron davis, to chris paul and deron williams. Despite howwell as rafer had been playing, AND DESPITE WHAT CLYDE may say about him, the reality is he's no where close the levels of deron williams and chris paul,