1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2007 NFL Mock Draft

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by BigSherv, Jan 7, 2007.

1. hatemavs4life

hatemavs4life Member

i agree on your insight, Mario I was just checking on past mocks on some various website forums, he wasnt just a bottom feeder late 1st/early 2nd come out of nowhere. I saw him projected on one as #4 with the Jets. He wasnt the scrub half on here thought he was. Yes, #1 pick maybe was a stretch. We will just have to wait and see.

As for our situation, yes we need a franchise "game changing" player. I think the Texans go for OL, DL, LB, or RB in 1st round. DB's, LB's and RB situation potentially being filled via the FA ... Clements, Samuel, A Thomas and Michael Turner. One or two of these in our nest would look real good.

That's why in my early analysis ... the Texans either take AP, Marshawn, Joe Thomas or Glenn Dorsey. Preferably offensive side though.

OR ... they trade down and try to stockpile some extra picks because, to bring this franchise out of a hole, we must get quality AND quantity.

I think Kolb either 2nd/3rd depending upon projections, we should take and/or potentially we could take Michael Bush in the second if we have an extra pick or if Kolb creates enough doubt to slide to third.

So many scenarios, so little time. One thing is for certain, the Texans should be able to roll out of bed and even half-heartedly improve this team with almost any picks because, we still have so many holes all over the field!

2. hatemavs4life

hatemavs4life Member

Well, I blew chunks on Troy. He played more like Helen of Troy. Oh well, scrap that #3 pick idea. Try late 2nd/ early 3rd in the draft. Pretty obvious that potentially Leak or even Kolb go before Smitty. I admit it, I botched this idea. :rolleyes:

Congrats Gators!

3. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

Kolb has a chance of going before Smith but I'm not so sure about Leak. He had a good game but that was about it.

As far as Smith falling into the late 2nd/early 3rd, I hope teams don't pass on him this much because of 1 game. He looked horrible but I think the entire team (including the coaching) looked much worse. You don't go from being the Heisman winner to throwing for 35 yards, 1 INT, and -15 yards rushing. This loss goes on Tressell IMHO.

4. weslinder

weslinder Contributing Member

Fixed that for you. Kolb will go before Leak because of his tools, but Leak is a smarter player. :D

5. hatemavs4life

hatemavs4life Member

I once was a Heisman winner, too but then the NFL draft came and went and no one drafted me.

Signed
    Charlie Ward

6. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

Haha...true. But a lot of scouts consider Troy Smith to be the 3rd best QB in this year's draft, I don't think the same could have been said for Ward. Also IIRC...Ward made it known early he wasn't interested in playing in the NFL.

7. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Charlie didn't get drafted because he made it clear he was going to the NBA and that nobody SHOULD draft him unless he got taken in the first round.

He was a very very good college QB and was sort of like the "proto-Vince Young". He would have been a day 1 pick as he's couple inches taller than Troy Smith at a legit 6-2. I think he had a chance to be a successful NFL QB.

8. percicles

percicles Contributing Member

Really!?!?! Is that why the guy was on every Gator fan hit list up untill the MNC. Gator fans were wondering when Leak was gonna go Leak and start throwing ints. If history has taught us anything it's that you don't draft Gator QB's (or WR's) regardless of stats and one game performances.

If this is to much to comprehend I'll simplyfy: Chris Leak (and Troy Smith for that matter) = Rex Grossman.

9. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

fyi, espn's current mock by Todd McShay has AP falling to us. apparently the QB's will go top 2, and Cleveland likes a DT. Though they'd prefer Russell it says..

and we've gone over why AP is either going to Clev or us. So I think we might have a good shot now..

10. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.

Charlie's no dummy.. even an NBA scrub has it better than most NFL stars... better contracts.. no getting the crap knocked out of you.. better media exposure (no helmet = more promotions, sad but true).