1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    The Timberwolves are roughing up the Nuggets, can they hold on for a Game 2 win? Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

2007 loss vs Utah or 2005 loss vs Dallas

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tinman, Apr 16, 2015.

?

Which series was the worst?

1. Utah Series was the worst

29 vote(s)
    35.8%
  2. Dallas Series was the worst

32 vote(s)
    39.5%
  3. They are same level of worst

20 vote(s)
    24.7%
  1. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

One of these series was lost when the Rockets had home court advantage and lost at home.

The other series the Rockets didn't have home court and loss by 40.

One series had the coach fired.

History knows the difference . you should too.

[​IMG]

Houston Rockets
    Dallas Mavericks

8:30 PM, May 7, 2005
    American Airlines Center, Dallas, Texas

Utah Jazz
    Houston Rockets

8:30 PM, May 5, 2007
    Toyota Center, Houston, Texas

2. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

Loss, lost, worse, worst

A 2nd grader knows the difference, so should you.

2 people like this.
  3. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Utah was worse (get a f***** rebound), followed by POR last season.

I didn't expect much in '05.

All 3 series were highly disappointing though.

#3 Houstunna, Apr 16, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2015
  4. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

some people think the dallas lost was like we lost the nba finals by like 1 point

i clearly remember rockets fans in the place just realizing we were getting blown out of the building

however, it seems nobody remembers that utah was significantly worse

losing at home in front of the fans in a game 7 vs a clearly less talented utah team.

5. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Utah was definitely worse. We were all but giftwrapped a trip to the Conference Finals by the Warriors when they beat the 67-win Mavs in Round 1, and then we go and lose Game 7 at home.

At least in 2005, it would've been a challenge beating the Suns in Round 2 had we gotten past the Mavs. It would've been close, but we wouldn't have been the favorites heading into that series unlike with Golden State in 2007.

6. meadowlark

meadowlark Member

Utah....will always hate the jazz after that series.

7. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

One series we didn't lose by 30 points and had a chance.

8. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

One series was the first year that our two superstars matched up together. There was hope still for the years to come.

In the other series you knew by the end that there was now a ceiling to the potential of our roster as built around those superstars. It put a damper to half a decade of work.

9. RocketsJumer

RocketsJumer Member

2005 was the first playoff series I watched so that one hurt the most, for me.

I loved that 2005 team. T-Mac was arguably the best player in the NBA, Yao was on the cusp of stardom, we had some heady veterans in Mike James, Jon Barry, Scott Padgett, David Wesley, and Bob Sura.

- Winning both Game 1 and Game 2 in dramatic fashion which included defining moments like the T-Mac on Bradley poster and the T-Mac game winner in Game 2. Opening the possibility of a sweep.
    - Losing both Game 3 and Game 4 at home.
    - Egregious calls in Game 5 that lead to a Rockets' loss.
    - Game 6 craziness with all the threes we made and feeling we may have a chance.
    - Then being blown out by 40 in Game 7. I shed a few tears that night.

2007 was pretty embarrassment, though.

- T-Mac saying the whole "It's on me" declaration and subsequent cry on the podium afterward. Though, in my opinion, he did almost all he could (should have drove the ball in more in Game 7, not settle for tough contested long 2s).
    - Yao was totally mismatch that series. Could not guard Okur outside and Boozer was a load in the post. Pretty sure he hit everything that series.
    - Harping, AK-47, Okur all flopping like crazy.
    - No answers for Deron Williams.

10. stipendlax

stipendlax Member

Why must you post such hurtful memories?

Anyways, Okur and that rag tag squad of **** boys. 0 doubts

11. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

[​IMG]

12. TMAC3

TMAC3 Member

What??? the 05 team could have won the title

13. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

I was there at that game 7 with a group of clutchfans. All I vividly remember was when Kirilenko flopped on the Scola pass off to Bobby Jackson who drained the 3. Of course the charge was called.

I would still like to one day spit on Jerry Sloan's grave for that series.

14. joeson332

joeson332 Member

I believe that was 2008 game 2

15. DarkHorse

DarkHorse Contributing Member

The Michael Finley out of bounds play is still ringing in my head. The missed rebound hurt, but I thought the 2005 team was better.

16. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

Definitely disagree. The '05 team was sooooo bad outside of T-Mac and Yao. The only reason we won those two games on the road was because of their brilliance. We then got royally screwed by the refs in the middle games. Then our lack of talent caught up with us in game 7. We weren't going anywhere with that roster.

17. joeson332

joeson332 Member

Dallas didnt hurt as much (even with the refs and a 2-0 lead going into Houston) because thta team HAD potential to ride with San Antonio and the Lakers back then..Utah to me was just gut wrenching, coming back from that injury riddled 06 season, not securing a fkn rebound!!! That one hurt.

18. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

They were different but they both hurt about equally for one main reason. In both series was the feeling that the Rockets were choking and just unable to get the key win in the series or make the key play. I didn't even watch game 7 of 2007 just because I had that sinking feeling that the Rockets weren't going to get it done again and didn't want to watch the inevitable disappointment.

While we can blame the refs the sad truth is is that the Rockets just didn't play well enough.

19. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

Utah. Boozer. Andre Craplinko. DWill(at the time) and the entire Jazz fan base. Disgusting.

I resented Yao for awhile after that game 7. He just COULD NOT get a rebound. It was beyond frustrating.

As much as I don't like how Tmac quit on us, he was pretty good for us for awhile. I really wish our duo of Tracy and Yao did some damage. IIRC, they had an amazing record when both were on the floor. Tracy could score so naturally, and his lift off of his jumper was something I've never seen.

I loved our toughness, especially on defense, with JVG. I'm hoping Trevor and Dwight shut things down for the Mavs.

I don't want to EVER watch a 40-point loss in the playoffs again. That was horrific. Mike James lost his mind and everyone else quit.

Jason Terry is going to roll back the clock. Bet on that...he's going to make Dallas wish they let him finish his career there. This may be his last dance. He's going for it.

20. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

If rockets had beat Utah in game 7 they would have played 8th seed warriors in semi finals. Most likely would have been a sweep then would have faced Spurs in conference finals.