1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2007 BMW 3 Series Convertible (What do you think?)

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Dream34, Dec 29, 2006.

1. Dream34

Dream34 Contributing Member

http://www.bmwusa.com/vehicles/futurevehicles/new3convertible

Overview
    Press Release
    Images
    Features

What happens when BMW engineering and design meet the exhilaration of top-down driving? The all-new 3 Series Convertible matches a powerful twin turbo-charged engine with ingenious innovation to produce a convertible like no other. Add that to legendary BMW handling and you’ll see why when we set out to build a great convertible, we didn't start with the top.

As fast as it feels.
    It's not just the rush of the wind or the fleeting blur of the world around you – you really are going that fast. The all-new 3 Series Convertible is equipped with our most powerful 3 Series engine to date. Generating 300 hp and 300 lb.-ft. of torque, this direct injected six-cylinder powerhouse accelerates from 0-60 in 5.5 seconds* with a force that keeps you pinned to your seat and doesn't stop until you let up on the accelerator.

Our first turbocharged engine offered in the U.S. in decades, it's the result of a simple idea – to use two small turbochargers instead of one large one. It allowed us to boost power and torque, while maintaining the fuel efficiency of an inline 6-cylinder engine and making "turbo lag" a thing of the past. And with its light, yet incredibly rigid body, the 3 Series Convertible puts you in full control of its power.

*Manual transmission. BMW AG Test Results. BMW urges you to obey all posted speed laws and always wear safety belts.

Great ideas work. Inside and out.
    You shouldn't have to close the top completely just to load and unload your trunk. That's why we developed Comfort Loading – the ability to move the retractable hardtop up and out of the way just enough to make the trunk accessible. And lowering the top takes almost no effort at all – it opens with the touch of a button on your key fob.*

The rest of the car is just as versatile. Leather with Sun Reflective Technology, for example, ensures cool seats when the roof is left open. Retractable door pockets keep your possessions away from prying eyes, where not even the wind can get to them. We even designed a place for your golf clubs and other long objects – just fold down the back seat to access a through-loading system with a cargo bag that extends your trunk space, while keeping your seats protected.

*Available as part of Comfort Access.

A spectacular landscape of its own.
    The world inside the all-new 3 Series Convertible is every bit as captivating as the scenery around you. Ambient lighting on the front door and rear side armrest casts a red glow at night. Use it as inspiration to set the mood and course for your drive with your favorite music, telephone numbers and destinations stored in six programmable memory keys.*

*Available as part of Navigation with iDrive.

Designed as much to protect as to set you free.
    You can't enjoy the drive without feeling confident in your vehicle. That's why we designed the all-new 3 Series Convertible to surround you with intelligent safety features. Rollover Protection and a reinforced A-pillar, for example, are designed to keep you separated from the ground in case of a rollover. And to prevent roadside tire emergencies, our self-supporting run-flat tires let you drive on a flat for up to 150 miles at a reduced speed. Two features designed with the same foresight and planning that goes into all the other standard safety innovations you’ve come to expect from any BMW.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I currently have a 2002 Lexus SC 430 which I truly enjoy driving. But I am getting that itch for another convertible. There is something about the new bodystyle that I am not crazy about. But I guess it can grow on you. What are your thoughts on this new 3 series convertible. Any other suggestions on a potential convertible that I should consider. Keep in mind I need my convertible to have a back seat. So that eliminates alot of the roadsters out there. I actually liked the Saturn Sky Turbo but the car has no storage space what so ever.

There is also this VW Concept R that looked really hot. I might have to break the rule regarding the backseat if this car comes out. But I have not heard any further plans regarding it.

http://www.vw.com/models_overview/conceptcars.html

2. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

Let me ask Mr. Mooch first before I post.

3. SLrocket

SLrocket Contributing Member

its sleek.

4. BiGGieStuFF

BiGGieStuFF Contributing Member

I'm a fan of the coupe so I definitely like the fact that bmw finally decided to go with a retractable hardtop instead of the rags. It only adds an additonal 400lbs to the 'vert so the loss of performance isn't huge.

5. Cohen

Cohen Contributing Member

Stunning

6. pradaxpimp

pradaxpimp Contributing Member

i hate convertibles

7. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

i think you should move to dallas

j/k

8. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

let me drive it for a few days, ill get back to you.

9. Stack24

Stack24 Contributing Member

ehhhh..not really fond of it.

10. RocketMan Tex

RocketMan Tex Contributing Member

You know what BMW stands for, don't you?

Bad for My Wallet.

;) :D

11. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

I always thought it meant: Be My Wife

:D

12. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

Me too. I never understood the appeal of convertibles.

13. tigermission1

tigermission1 Contributing Member

The only 3-series I find aesthetically pleasing is the new coupe...it's much sexier than the sedan.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

I love the new 3- series. I think the coupe looks awesome. I just can't justify paying $40k with no options when I can get a G35 with more options and cheaper.

15. Rollazn

Rollazn Member

I'm not a fan of convertibles. I do really like the new BMW 335I Coupe. It is very stylish and has a 300 hp turbocharge motor. I hear it's very quick... :)