1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2006 playoffs: Heat vs. Nets

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by fa7999, May 8, 2006.

1. fa7999

fa7999 Member

Cannot believe that no one wants to talk about this matchup. It seems that the Nets are gonna take this in 6.

This summer the league is gonna take a long look at its stupid rules of going against the trend of making the league dominated by little men. Basketball has always been a big men's game. You don't change rules to make truly dominant big men like Shaq struggle like that. Lebron, AI, Wade, these guys won't get half the calls playing in the Olympics and world championship games.

2. Outlier

Outlier Member

I do hope Nets win, it will show peeps Miami has a bad future with Shaq's ludicrous contract.

3. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Nets looking like a force in the first game. :cool:

Down with Riley.

4. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Riles messed up the Heat with his roster makeover and he's past his prime as a coach. I want the Nets to take 'em down fast. Plus, the Nets are more capable of beating the Pistons that the Heat.

5. Rivaldo2181

Rivaldo2181 Contributing Member

I didn't catch the first half, so I don't know what is going on but why isn't my boy Zo coming off the bench instead of Doleac?

6. orbb

orbb Contributing Member

nets will win...no doubt about it. i thought in 6, but it looks like it will be in 5 :)

7. pradaxpimp

pradaxpimp Contributing Member

i'm rooting for the NEts.

I've always liked VC

8. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

I think this or the Texas matchup are the best left.

9. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

no rules changes by the nba are going to change the fact that the FIBA refs hate the American team.

10. francis 4 prez

what just happened? when i turned it on it was a 22 point game and for some reason, new jersey looked completely uninterested in even trying to score, as if the heat would just fold up shop and stop trying as well. now it's a 9 point game with 4 minutes left and you've got shaq rolling and wade who can get 3 point plays and drive and force the action like crazy.

11. tigermission1

tigermission1 Contributing Member

Whoa! It's getting close, only down to 9.

What would Rudy T say? Something along the lines of, "Never underestimate the heart of a champion" ;)

12. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

I can't believe Willams took that three pointer before Shaq even got to touch the ball. :eek:

13. francis 4 prez

he would probably say "Don't ever underestimate the heart of a champion."

14. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

What is up with everybody in Miami wearing white?

15. tigermission1

tigermission1 Contributing Member

They went away from Shaq at the end after they were making their run.

Miami this season has been an excellent example of 'subtraction by addition'. It's true that they're loaded with talented players, but none of them are a good fit or chemistry players, which is why they've been so inconsistent game-to-game this entire season and the same has been true in these playoffs.

16. fa7999

fa7999 Member

I don't remember Wade doing ANYTHING in the 4th quarter. For a while I did not even notice that he was out there on the court.

17. Honey Bear

Honey Bear Contributing Member

This is why you don't undergo major the changes the offseason after you are 1 game away from the Finals. There is no chemistry on this Heat team and Shaq looks pretty sad out there, especially on the defensive end. IMO the Heat will win this in 6 but that won't keep them from being beaten in 5 by Detroit.

18. Den

Den Member

I hope the Nets win this series...I really think they're the most underrated team in the playoffs...they're perimeter trio is lethal, but their defense and inside scoring with Krstic is just as deadly...they're deep as well...

19. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

I wish the Nets had something the Rockets would want. How fun would it be to see Stromile Swift running and gunning with Kidd, Jefferson and Carter? More importantly, how fun would it be to get rid of Swift? :D

20. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

The Nets always get sold short. They're a lame duck team with no fanbase. People don't realize, these guys were the LA Clippers of the east and totally pretty much since Michael ray Richardson got tossed out of the league in the 80's (unless you count the brief kenny anderson/Derek Coleman and/or Jayson Williams periods of 1st round mediocrity in the early and mid 90's)

You can't say enough for the job that Rod Thorn has done in the last 6 years, in turning perennial losers into Eastern Conf. Champs and yearly contenders (in that division/conf). It's a miraculous reconstruction. He's made some mistakes but for the most part they've gone from a team taht you automatically write off to a major factor over a sustained period of time despite some handicaps. That doesn't even get play here in the NY metro area oddly enough.