1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2006-2007 Season

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Lil Lee, Mar 21, 2006.

1. Lil Lee

Lil Lee Contributing Member

With the way things have gone for the Rockets recently, our chances of making the playoffs have gotten to quite slim. So possibly it's best to look for the future.

What changes would you like to see the Rockets make if any? What players do you want to add or keep or get rid of? How bout JVG and the rest of the coaching staff? Do you want to keep JVG or bring in a more uptempo energetic coach and reform the Rockets team to a "Run and Gun" similiar to the Suns or Nets?

As far as I'm concerned, we need a consistent shooter. Somebody who's not hesistant. If we could get a player that provides like Stackhouse for the Mavs or Boris Diaw/Raja Bell for the Suns, that would take alot off Tmac and Yao. When T-mac gets better and if Yao continues to play the way he's been playing, the rockets will be a scary team ONLY if our role players will hit their shots.

Keepers: Tmac, Yao, RA, Hayes, Head, JHoward,
    Drowners (get rid off): RYAN BOWEN, Wesley,
    Undecided: Swift, Bogans, JVG

I'm hoping to make this an interesting post. So respond and make it GOOD!!

#1 Lil Lee, Mar 21, 2006
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2006
  2. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

Watching how Yao now passes quickly out of double and triple teams to wide-open players, we need, need, need good outside shooters. Heck, I'd bring back Dell Curry, Dale Ellis, ANYONE that can hit an open jumper on a fairly regular basis. They had their faults, but when Kenny Smith, Vernon Maxwell, Robert Horry, or Sam Cassell got the pass from Dream, they didn't hesitate to take the shot. We need guys like this.

3. Lil Lee

Lil Lee Contributing Member

Cassell would like to play for us once again and I know Big Shot Bob (Robert Horry) would have no problem playing for us again. Even though these guys are old, they KNOW how to win, they will make big shots, contracts will be cheap, and would be familiar with our style of basketball. It'd be like those two guys playing with Olajuwon and Drexler back in the day...ahhhhhh memories. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

4. Dr. Basketball

Even though we have had a very disappointing season, I want to look on the bright side and say that we weren't going to win it all this year regardless if we were healthy....... I never thought Yao would ever look this good, and in this league you almost have to have a player of his NEW status to be a real contender. Before the season started everyone including myself believed that TMAC was the man that was going to be the overall soul of this team.......Yao has been playing to the same level that TMAC was at last year and if we can some how get them both HEALTHY, and at the top of each of thier respective games, we would have to be the most talented team in the league. They both have shown stretches of being top 5 players in the NBA and the best at thier posistion. The future is very bright for us..........We have just as good a shot as any other team to become the next great team. Yao swinging the ball so quickly to the weak side when he is being doubled just shows how deadly a good shooter can be in our offense, Tracy also has a knack for finding the open shooter. If we could somehow get our hands on JJ in this up coming draft, we could really be seeing something very special unfolding under our eyeys in the not so distant future. So instead of being upset about the lack of success our team has had over the last decade, just think about the team that it might be in two years with The best center in the league, and one of the most talented wings off all time playing together. Like I said earlier if we could somehow get our hands on JJ as that open shooter, and he is as good as they get, we just might be on our way to a true dynasty.

5. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

this season's silver lining- next year looks very promising =]

but, we have alot of work to do during the offseason :eek:

6. ndnguy85

ndnguy85 Contributing Member

we need to find young talent that can be here for sometime. then mix in maybe 1 or 2 veterans.