1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2004: OMG! Bush has turned the whole world against us! 2012: Who cares about them.

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Hightop, Jun 13, 2012.

1. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

That's because you guys have a mentality problem (on average): You like to find scapegoats for your own failure (Israel, USA, "non-believers"). You think more highly of yourselves than what your work and achievements warrant.

So you are blaming rapes within the Arab world on the US government. That's rich, even for you.

2. SamFisher

SamFisher Member

The fact that you're acting too lazy/myopic/stubborn/uninterested/whatever to understand the difference isn't really my concern and doesn't really have too much effect on reality.

3. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Member

What's the point? Knowing the other side will do the same and with more frequency.

4. da_juice

da_juice Member

This. We're either voting for the causal interventionist or the neo-conservative. I'm unhappy with both- but Obama's the lesser of two evils.

5. rhadamanthus

rhadamanthus Member

Obama's most honest critics have been progressives. Period.

1 person likes this.
  6. Hightop

Hightop Member

The lesser of two evils is still evil.

7. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Member

Its either Romney or Obama.

8. QdoubleA

QdoubleA Member

Do you believe that President Obama is an evil man. Yes or no please.

9. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Have you not read Hightop's own personal blog? It's right here.

3 people like this.
  10. Hightop

Hightop Member

Jon Stewart Loses It Over Senate's Misguided Drone Criticism

<div style="background-color:#000000;width:520px;"><div style="padding:4px;"><iframe src="http://media.mtvnservices.com/embed/mgid:cms:video:thedailyshow.com:415299" width="512" height="288" frameborder="0"></iframe><p style="text-align:left;background-color:#FFFFFF;padding:4px;margin-top:4px;margin-bottom:0px;font-family:Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;font-size:12px;"><b><a href="http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/wed-june-13-2012/newsleaks">The Daily Show</a></b><br/>Get More: <a href='http://www.thedailyshow.com/full-episodes/'>Daily Show Full Episodes</a>,<a href='http://www.indecisionforever.com/'>Political Humor & Satire Blog</a>,<a href='http://www.facebook.com/thedailyshow'>The Daily Show on Facebook</a></p></div></div>

11. Hightop

Hightop Member

Just as evil as Bush.

12. RocketMan Tex

RocketMan Tex Member

But not nearly as stupid....:grin:

13. thadeus

thadeus Member

Yeah, I like it when some Ron Paul teabagger posts stuff like this and thinks it's somehow shocking. Most people I'd identify as 'liberals' have been highly critical of Obama (with the exception of a few).

The problem is, and has always been, that the alternative is far worse. Another round of conservative "pro-business" (euphemism for pro-plutocracy) economic ideas, and we're all ****ed.

14. SacTown

SacTown Member

I thought Obama was going to side with the muslims an terrorists should the political winds change or something like that? Why is he taking them out with drones?

15. Hightop

Hightop Member

You summed this all up. This is about hating Bush because he has a "cowboy" image. He is the wrong type of person who might go to church, like NASCAR, and shoot a gun.

Liberals hated that way more than any war or civilian drone strike casualty policy.

1 person likes this.
  16. rhadamanthus

rhadamanthus Member

I've quoted a previous post of mine on this topic too many times already, but, suffice it to say that it's natural for "progressives" to be upset, as Obama has readily strengthened ideologically conservative programs that he campaigned to either end or stunt. More to the point, it's only a few outlying right-wing folks who have ventured to rally to the progressive cause, as they risk making utter fools of themselves - their own alternative is a millionaire political droid who cannot take a stance on anything without first gauging his audience and weighing it against his predisposition to placate corporate power. The old "lesser of two evils shtick" rings true. Furthermore, this all rings hollow, as they supported those programs; Obama is conforming to their attitudes.

I guess, for some conservative types, there is pleasure to be had in mocking the progressives that thought Obama might be different or an improvement. To that, I would counter that he certainly has been, just not in the ways we wanted, and not significantly enough to silence my disgust. It's not all his fault of course...

Still, it's interesting to note that Fox and the other big-player neocon outlets are not running with this attack too (or, at least, not overtly). I think it says a lot about the weakness of the Bush-era policies (PATRIOT Act, wiretapping, Guantanamo, and of course our ever-expanding farcical "war on terror" etc) that those who rallied around the administration at that time both a) will not praise Obama for continuing them and b) won't defend those policies directly against progressive anger. It underscores our lack of choice in candidates and re-affirms that these programs stand on shaky legal and ethical ground. The political center has shifted to the right in the US...again. Best not to talk about it or draw attention to it. Just roll along smugly.

3 people like this.
  17. Hightop

Hightop Member

The governmental created the mess. You will never get your beloveld governemt health care. Deal with it, wuss.

Profits, not war.

18. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Someone's getting frustrated. The weird grammar and spelling mistakes are a sure sign.

19. Kojirou

Kojirou Member

An answer which really doesn't say anything. Is Obama an evil man? What about Bush?

20. da_juice

da_juice Member

His posts are slowly getting worse and worse. I sense an outburst coming like last time.