1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2001--->2002 : New Year Reflections & Resolutions

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by rockHEAD, Dec 31, 2001.

1. rockHEAD

rockHEAD Contributing Member

-

Does anyone have any reflections on the past year and does anyone have any resolutions for the new year?

I reflect back on the way things used to be before September 11... how the rest of the country's innocence was lost (whatever little bit we had left)

For the new year, I hope to get more physically active, get out and ride the bike and run a little bit. Take overall better care of myself...

how about you?!?

rH

2. boomboom

boomboom I GOT '99 PROBLEMS
    Supporting Member

The responses to this thread tend to be pretty static...quit smoking...lose weight...live healthier...etc. I could easily repeat any of the above (except the smoking), but my resolve changed at the beginning of November. My daughter, Chloe Kehaulani, was born and it is amazing how dramatically your life and personal values change. Everyone said your life would change, but you cannot imagine how until you've actually experienced it. This single event made my 2001 the best year of my life and will definitely brighten up my 2002 and all the years beyond.

And...to be static...I wanna lose some weight!;)

3. RichRocket

RichRocket Member

Hey boomboom, congratulations! I had my third daughter born on October 15. You <b>will</b> lose the weight when you start chasing that toddler around at about a year but especially closer to 2 years....

4. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Eat right, lose some weight, hit the weights and get back in shape. I had it so good at the beginning to middle of 2001. I was super pumped up from working out on the Bowflex, running several miles a day, and bicycling an hour a day for 3 to 4 days a week. I had never been in that good of shape. Then, I got majorly sick for a month duration at which time I completely blew off my routine due to lack of energy and paid dearly for it. I gained some weight back, my muscles sank, and I started eating poorly again. I went from a great routine that worked to no routine at all :( . I kind of went back to the person I love to hate.

Then, Sep. 11 rolls around and it's like the world came to a grinding halt. Now, all we ever hear about is WAR and watch our backs and...must I say it....Osama....and how the West is evil and how Muslims hate the West and how we are to blame for every bad thing in the world and how we are 100% sure a new terror attack is forthcoming and how Anthrax is going to be dumped from the skies and kill us all and how we must securitize(Bush euphemism) the USA and WATCH OUR BACKS and watch Pakistan harbor terrorists and watch India and Pakistan threaten war and watch Israel and Palestine go at each others throats like bloodthirsty pirates and watch everyone BLAME THE WEST for their problems and the suicide bombers who like to blow themselves and this feeling of doom that I cannot shake and the world is coming to a point of no return toward the end AND............................................AHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

If 2002 is anything like 2001, then God help us all!!!!!!!!!!

#4 Surfguy, Dec 31, 2001
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2001
  5. Tenchi

Tenchi Contributing Member

This year sucked because of my resolutions from last year. So, I decided to do opposites this year. Gonna toke up everyday. Gonna drop every weekend. And itll have the reverse effect.

6. boomboom

boomboom I GOT '99 PROBLEMS
    Supporting Member

Soooo...either way, you win!:D

7. Mrs. JB

Mrs. JB Member

My resolutions for 2002:

- Deepen my spiritual practice
    - Write a book
    - Learn to play the recorder
    - Establish a daily yoga practice
    - Keep a weather journal
    - Cook one new recipe a week
    - Get in better physical condition

My reflections on 2001:

I think the events of this year only served to remind us that life is a very precious gift. We should live every moment with awareness and compassion.

8. mr_oily

mr_oily Member

I used to make resolutions then never keep them past a day or two!

It now seems to me life is one resolution after another at any time in your life without any pressure to do so. No matter what idea you had you might do or not, what matters is you did what you had to do when it had to be done.

Most people list health and of course this is something I try and improve.
    I was doing really good towards the end of the year, riding the heck outta my bike, losing a little bit of weight, eating better, drinking water( I never drink water) and then the holidays and cold weather came and I fell off my little health kick. Winter is worthless to me!:mad:

but I do plan to do in 2002:
    -work on the house-paint kitchen cabinets, finish back room ceiling, kitchen floor maybe, redo wood floors, clean & utilize my garage more.

Good luck to you all in 2002! Be safe tonite!:)

9. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

Ok, here's my resolutions...

Finish the children's album my partner and I are doing.
    Begin two recording projects.
    Get back into a regular practice routine on bass.
    Land enough web work be able to do some goofy ass free fun websites (like jeffbalke.com - coming soon! :) )
    Take as many classes on web design as time (and money) will allow
    Eat healthier
    Get in better physical condition
    Do more in-depth spiritual study
    Volunteer my time

As for my reflections:

2001 wasn't the easiest year but life is a challenge. Sometimes, we need challenges to snap us out of our complacency. Hopefully, this will help us see that life is short and we need to live it to the fullest.

Have a great New Year everyone! :)

10. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

You ever want to help Jeff "The Anti-Bob Vila" Balke with some of my house projects, I'll gladly help you haul crap around in my truck! :D

11. getsmartnow

getsmartnow Contributing Member

I'm just gonna relax more. Last year I spent so much time worrying and fretting over the smallest things, but this year I'm just going to take one day at a time and go at my own pace.

Oh, and get fit and go out more.

12. Isabel

Isabel Member

For 2002: graduate, get a job. (years like these, the resolutions always write themselves) I do need to lose some weight. :(

On 2001: yes, there were the terrorist attacks. I was just as upset as anyone. But it's irritating because not only did those terrorists take away 3000 of our people, and some of our buildings, but it will be a long time before you can say "2001" or "September 11" without thinking of that first. I'm irritated at them taking this day and this year from our lives.

We all learned that there are still good and evil in the world. We learned to stick together, and not to take our country for granted. We were reminded that life is precious and there are no guarantees. That said, let's enjoy what we have and not let the terrorists take that away from us too. For 2002, I'm getting back to my life...

13. fadeaway

fadeaway Contributing Member

My New Year's resolution is to make and save at least $15,000 working at a factory job, and then use it to go back to school in 2003 and renounce factory jobs forever.