1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

20 reasons to pull for Mavs in this Finals

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by _RTM_, Jun 3, 2011.

1. Outlier

Outlier Member

You had arguments over all the basketball forums in the internet comparing both players before they joined up. "Wade vs LeBron - who is better?" That's part of being a rivalry. And why KG and Ray Ray with Pierce is not the same thing.

Then when they ended up on the same team, it's like... um... weird moment... okay lost all respect. It ended all discussion just like that. All because LeBron is a wuss.

See what you did there? You just went back and ignored everything and stuck with your ignorant idea about people. If you're too stubborn to realize other people's perspectives don't argue with them. Else it's just a waste of time.

2. Raven

Raven Member

Either way I'm happy and either way I'm bummed.

I get both what I want and what I dread no matter which team wins.

;)

3. _RTM_

_RTM_ Member

So in conclusion, GTFO

4. clippy

clippy Member

IMO this is exactly what is wrong with the way basketball is marketed. Basketball, when played correctly, is a beautiful TEAM sport. Who gives a **** what individual legacies are?

I'll tell you why I actually liked the trade, and it has nothing to do with being a fan of LeBron. I was sick of the Lakers winning every year (and I'm not just talking recently.. consider that they have been to 50% of the Finals in their history... just think about that for a moment). Now they have a rival. Two superteams is better than one. The fact that the Celtics and Bulls are looking to be competitive is only gravy.

I'm sure I'll be as sick of it as you if the Heat do end up winning five or six in a row, but in these first few years, at least, it's interesting. This year's playoffs have been good, and that's only because two teams have stood out well and above the rest of the field.

5. Outlier

Outlier Member

Ugh can't believe I just wasted time arguing with someone with a closed mind.

U no like LeBron bcoz media tell U to

U no like LeBron bcoz he good

U post all ur opinion but I ignore them

bcoz U no like LeBron

6. clippy

clippy Member

What? I've never seen Wade vs. LeBron comparisons until this year. I thought it was universally acknowledged that LeBron was better. I've heard Wade vs. Kobe and LeBron vs. Kobe but that is mostly from insecure Kobe fans who are worried that their hero is getting old.

KG won the MVP like a year or two before he left. Ray Allen averaged like 25+ ppg the year before. Those guys were superstars. They teamed up. The media just didn't make a big deal out of it because they aren't global icons like LeBron. Also, they didn't have an egotistical special (which was on LeBron, but my god, let it go already).

What would you have had LeBron do? Should he have just stayed in Cleveland with bad teammates and bad management? Shouldn't he try to win a title?

7. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Are you kidding, Lebron was never one of the most beloved players. He was just another player that stuck his head down and played the game. He was never really particularly loved or hated outside of his fanboys and Kobe fanboys.

But then he got caught up in his own shet and he started thinking about his legacy before he has even reached his prime. I love how people justify the decision by saying "he deserves better", what the hell does that mean. What makes Lebron so special that he deserves better teamates just so he could get the easiest route to a ring so he can jerk off to his own legacy when he retires. While everyone else just stuck their heads down and played basketball.

The guy was 25 years old, isn't it a bit early to assume he will be stuck on a mediocre Cavs team forever. Didn't people say Mavs were done after every year they choked yet they are in the finals. Did people assume Hakeem would be stuck on a mediocre rocket team forever and ever and ever before he won back to back titles.

8. leroy

leroy Member

I don't care.

No. They were soft.

This could be the worst reason. Pull for a team because it's owner finally shut up?
    Why, exactly?

I'm sure he's the only one in the NBA who does that. :rolleyes:

That's because he was a choker and was most definitely soft.

Everybody else? It's been a 50-win team for over a decade. Why would someone walk away from that...especially when he's already getting the max he can get?

Well, I'm pretty sure his owner tried...and failed...to bring in many of the biggest names.

I don't really even know what this means. D-Wade and LeBron don't work out in the season and haven't become better players?

Stupid reason.

So what.

I can actually agree. I've always like Kidd's game and while I think no one deserves a ring, he's certainly earned the chance.

Am I the only person who sees Dirk's face after every shot he takes? Dude whines like a little girl for fouls more than Tim Duncan.

Maybe not formally, but I do remember a city that was pretty damn sure it was playing in it's hometown Super Bowl...only to miss the playoffs all together.

Good.

So what.
    He may not have blinked about playing, but he made damn sure he had a built in excuse should he have a bad game.
    Huh?

Really? Mark Cuban IS A FREAKING BILLIONAIRE!

I don't really care who wins this title. I really don't. I don't have anything against what LeBron and Bosh did. The point is to win titles. Yeah, it would be a little more refreshing had he done it in Cleveland. But it was clear that team wasn't getting any better and sometimes it's just good to get away from home.

Yes, I dislike dallas and every team with that in their moniker. The reasons above are just dumb. Nobody "deserves" s***. They have to earn it.

1 person likes this.
  9. clippy

clippy Member

Agreed 100%. Good post.

10. WhoMikeJames

WhoMikeJames Member

Some of you guys are still butt-hurt over 2005. I hate Dallas too, but how on EARTH can you root for Miami? **** LeBron.

11. clippy

clippy Member

Well, he had the #1 jersey sales and was hyped to hell, so I'm pretty sure he was loved (and hated).

That's a bit presumptious. All he did was change teams when he got to free agency. This is something most players do these days if they don't get traded first. Paul and Dwight are likely to do it next.

LeBron was on the Cavs for 8 years and they didn't show any ability to acquire anything outside of role player help. This is partly because no one wants to go to Cleveland (eg, the rumor was LBJ would have stayed had they acquired Bosh in the offseason, but Bosh declined). He already took a team of scrubs to the Finals.. I mean, LeBron did a hell of a lot more for that franchise than they ever did for him.

12. Outlier

Outlier Member

Either you are lying or

you've never been on other forums.

On RealGM (internet's biggest NBA forum) it was discussed almost every other week for the past 5 years since Wade won his first. I browse that forum too daily.

Ray was never close to the MVP like KG. The difference is that Wade and LeBron were challenging each other yearly for the MVP. And then they teamed up. If it was LeBron with Bosh and another Bosh (ha imagine that) no problem.

13. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Member

That was pretty funny...

How can you not pull for Dirk...best player on the floor...playing hurt and putting his team on his back...

14. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Member

LOL at the LOF-WOFs.

15. clippy

clippy Member

Wade finished 3rd in MVP voting one time and has never been in the discussion otherwise. LeBron has been at the top of the voting since his 2nd year, winning it twice. I don't know what fans were debating this but they were likely Heat homers.

16. Icehouse

Icehouse Member

I would rather pull for the team that doesn't have the wife beating PG or the stat raping SG. But maybe I'm just silly to root for arrogant dudes who don't get in trouble instead.

17. SpiffyRifi

SpiffyRifi Member

truth be told, I actually hate this Miami team more than I hate the Mavs (although I really really hate the Mavs).

BUT, I hate Mavs fans a lot more than Miami fans. Mavs fans are pretty much as bad as Jazz fans - they think everyone is jealous of their team even though they've never won anything. The only more obnoxious fans I've dealt with are Lakers fans. Seriously, have you dealt with/seen Mavs fans at Rockets games? They are awful.

So as much as it pains me to say, I'm pulling for Miami just to keep the Mavs fans down. And lets face it, they are running out of chances...and that just makes me smile. :grin:

18. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

Some of his reasons are pretty redundant (he mentions how Miami will get lots of rings and how Dallas' window is closing a couple times), and I also don't totally agree with all of them (for example, unlike most people, I don't hate Lebron for going to Miami -- I totally get why he did it).

... But other than that, it's pretty reasonable. I think I'm pulling for Dallas, but I'd really probably be happy for either team.

19. Outlier

Outlier Member

Fans debated this because once Wade won his first, he proved he was a winner whilst LeBron still hadn't won anything. Therefore, debates began and continued if LeBron will ever be a winner like Wade and if Wade's playing style and will to win was better than LeBron. It was debated. Plenty of times. Fact. They were both top 5 players. Fact. They were not only Heat homers, they were legit NBA fans.

20. liljojo

liljojo Member

I only need one reason:

Because they're playing against the Heat.