1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

20 reasons to pull for Mavs in this Finals

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by _RTM_, Jun 3, 2011.

1. clippy

clippy Member

Woj is an example. Point is, the hatred is rooted in the media (and that all starts with THE DECISION on ESPN). All LeBron did was a free-agency decision. It was hyped because he's the best player in the NBA. People here act like he raped a chick. No, actually, they LOVE that guy.

2. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Member

I blame Cuban for complaining to the refs after they got their asses whooped at home.

3. Outlier

Outlier Member

I didn't hate the Lakers when they got Gasol, I was disappointed. I do hate Kobe because well he's a douchebag who plays dirty (which I can credit LeBron because he doesn't have dirty tactics).

I was neutral about Amare and Carmelo. Amare signed there for the money, Carmelo wanted to be there in his hometown. And neither of their personalities screamed "MAJOR DOUCHEBAG" like LeBron.

LeBron is the best player in the NBA, I have always acknowledged this. But I wish for him to fail because I don't like his guts, his attitude/demeanor, his douchebag personality. What's so hard to understand?

4. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Member

We lost the last game by 40 points.

5. Outlier

Outlier Member

A free agency decision that said EVERYTHING about him. (But it isn't the only reason I hate him, other reasons are the stupid things he says, the clowning on the court, etc.)

It's not all about the media, man. You're generalizing way too much. Don't accuse if you have absolutely no idea.

6. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Member

We could have won games 3 and 4. If not 3 and 4, 5 and 6.
    It shouldn't have come down to seven games.

Lakers series was simply a good competitive series.
    Dallas series was rigged.

7. Outlier

Outlier Member

So you think Cuban had pulled the strings? He did what any owner/fan would do. If you want to blame anybody, blame David Stern the puppet master.

8. clippy

clippy Member

Hey, if you hated on LeBron last year, kudos to you. I'm just saying most people aren't like that. LeBron was one of the most beloved players in the league last year and now he is the most hated. That happened because of THE DECISION and the fact that the media exaggerates his every mis-step.

But if you look at it from a basketball POV, what he did wasn't groundbreaking at all. He moved teams. He actually went to a bad team... it's not like he joined the Lakers or Spurs. People can say, yeah, but he teamed up with two all-stars, but even if Bosh hadn't come people would have hated on him (and they would have had he teamed up with any other star). And that is just a double-standard. There's no reason he should have been forced to toil with mediocre teammates his whole career, and that is exactly what would have happened had he stayed in Cleveland.

Now personally I think he should have gone to the Clippers (no bias here) because they had young stars and have such a bad reputation that saving the franchise would have done wonders for his legacy. But then I can understand having reservations whenever Don Sterling is involved in your life decisions.

9. justinh

justinh Member

If you dont believe that Miami, with Lebron, Wade, Bosh, whomever else is going to win at least one championship over the next 5-8 years, then I think you're a little crazy.

10. Outlier

Outlier Member

The part where you said "basketball POV" I would replace with "casual fan of basketball POV". Because what true fans of the NBA think of that is, a player joining his rival to make life easier. Whenever a star joins a rival (especially a player of the same level), it will always be perceived as bad. Not to mention it's much worse when you realize that they have been planning it since the Olympics, deceiving fans until they finally joined up. I just wouldn't want my favorite player join up with a player like that. Especially since Wade has one ring already. If LeBron was my favorite player I would be thinking... go LeBron, win more rings than him. That's my POV, and I'm sure many others (not the casual fans) feel the same way.

11. clippy

clippy Member

So you hate KG & Ray with the same passion you hate LeBron, right?

12. rmoreno

rmoreno Member

Exactly how i feel. The two teams that i hated made it to the finals. But hey i prefer dallas over the heat. Damn i can't believe i just said that.

13. gambingo

gambingo Member

I hate both teams, but i would rather want the Heat to win so i can at least tell their fans that they're bandwagoners.

I dont even live in Texas, but the thought of the Mavs winning it all and then just having to hear their fans rubbing it in occasionally is sickening.

14. Outlier

Outlier Member

Those two were never rivals and Ray was never as good as KG. If KG joined Duncan (or Dirk), then I'll hate KG. Does this really need further explanation?

15. rmoreno

rmoreno Member

No the reason they hate the guy is because he chose the easy route to a championship. Its 1a and 1b with him and wade and it should never be this way when you were considered to become one of the all time greats. Like MJ said 'i was never trying to join the best i was trying to beat the best'. I am one of those fans who lost all respect for lebron, I still believe he is a great player but his legacy will be tarnished because of his decision.

16. Outlier

Outlier Member

Btw, I do hate KG though, because he is a douche.

17. apollo33

apollo33 Member

No they aren't, they would suck crap. If you take last season's Mavs, minus Dirk, your next best player is Jason Terry who is over 30.

18. BleedRocketsRed

Rather Dallas in the finals than the Seattle Supersonics.

Crazy how I dislike all 4 teams in the conference finals. Dallas is just the only one which handles themselves with class (excluding Terry).

19. clippy

clippy Member

Yes, because it sounds like you are hating on LeBron just because he's good. KG and Ray were rivals just as much as LeBron and Wade were, and they teamed up to join another all-star in Boston. I mean, it's almost the exact same situation. And it had the same result-- took a mediocre team to the Finals (where they won, prob. what will happen with the Heat) in year #1.

People hate the Heat because they are good and a likely dynasty, same reason people hated the Bulls and Lakers. As the Heat start winning more, they will accumulate more bandwagoners like the Bulls and Lakers did and then the fans will be divided into Heat lovers and Heat haters. The NBA loves this **** because then everyone watches. The Finals this year is shattering modern records for viewers. It's media driven.

20. CrazyDave

CrazyDave Member

===========================================

Don't care. Almost a better reason to root against them if you're a Rockets fan.

Again... don't care.

If he'll promise to shut up forever, especially after future losses, this is a decent reason.

Says who?

This is a decent reason... but not really worthy of converting Rockets fans to actually root for the guy.

Pretty much same reason as last, so it's a 19 reason list.

Touching, but now it's pretty much an 18 reason list.

That was already said too, 15.

Don't care.

Whatever. Doesn't make me a mavs fan.

He is? They do? News to me, and I ain't buyin' it. I don't mind him winning, but could not care less. He's a good player. If they win he deserves it, nothing more.

Subjective and debatable. I won't root against them because I disagree, but I'm not rooting for them because this guy says they're so nice.

You mean, like putting a championship trophy tatoo on your bicep at the beginning of a season? Sorry, not buying it.

Worst reason on the list.

This, and the repetitive blathering about Miami and LeBron stacking their team, might be the only reasons I can get with them if I have to get with either team. Luckily, I don't.

Commendable, but not a reason to root for them in my book. Maybe a reason to dislike Dirk less.

Don't hate. I'm sure he has his share of bs and trouble. that hair, for instance.

So, in conclusion, what a bunch of tripe.