1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

20 reasons to pull for Mavs in this Finals

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by _RTM_, Jun 3, 2011.

1. BleedRocketsRed

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to have him as an owner.

But is a crybaby little b****.

2. _RTM_

_RTM_ Member

Dallas was 2-7 without Nowitzki this season and they lost 6 in a row. That was their biggest losing streak in Cuban era

3. Pull_Up_3

Pull_Up_3 Member

better then the cavs sure

not a playoff team tho

4. Shaq2Yao

Shaq2Yao Member

This.

I didn't care much about the Mavs, until they swept Kobe/Phil. It was a pleasure to see.

Besides, Cuban is quiet. Dirk is not flopping any more. And Jason Kidd is still playing amazing.

5. conundrum

conundrum Rookie

mavs could still make the playoffs with that team, you forget that they have 2 starters in street clothes right now and they are in the nba finals. dont be dumb. they would still make the playoffs, not turn into the worst team in the nba. dirk has been surrounded by far more talent through out his career than lebron.

mavs fans arent that bad but they are also cowboys fans who i would never root for no matter what.

6. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Member

I appreciate the sentiment, but we blew that series by choking away games 3 and 4 at home. We win just 1 of those 2 games and we win the series. And I don't think the refs had anything to do with us getting RAPED by 40 in Game 7.

Cuban has kind of mellowed out over the years. We'd all love him if he sold the mavs and bought the Rockets. I actually liked him when he was on Shark Tank.

7. justinh

justinh Member

what would you prefer?

Dallas 1 Championship and Miami 5 over the next 7 seasons?

or

Dallas 0 Miami 6?

Im just saying Miami is going to get theirs. Whats 1 more? Id rather them have 1 more than Dallas have any.

8. Qball

Qball Member

First one is a plain lie and second one makes me smile.

9. juicystream

juicystream Member

A bunch of those are amazingly similar to one another. Nowitzki used to have his own all-star pals in Nash and Finley, but they didn't get it done. Now they are a team filled with former all-stars.

To me Jason Terry is every bit the level of player as Chris Bosh. Dallas then beats Miami from 4-12 on the depth chart.

10. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Member

Not even gonna bother to read that crap. **** Dallas.

11. clippy

clippy Member

I'm sure someone wrote a similar article in 2001 about the "inspirational" Allen Iverson leading his band of merry minimums over evil Shaq & Kobe after they, too, were 1-1. We all saw what happened next.

It would be nice if the "good guys" always won, but ... yeah.

12. Pyro451

Pyro451 Member

I really don't like the Mavs...but anyone that burns down the Lakers in 4 cain't be all bad.
    Cuban is quiet, Kidd deserves it, Lebron screwed his hometown. I can't cheer for the Mavs, but I didn't like the Pistons till they scorched the Lakers in the 04 Finals.
    So, by virtue of the whuppin they put on the Lakers....
    go mavs... then go away.
    Bring back Calvin, I don't know how much more Drex & Bullard I can take.
    Van Chancellor was ok, I never want to hear Coop's corner again (repeat 2 times)

13. don grahamleone

Cheer for Miami because they are not the Mavs.

Cheer for Miami because you hate Mark Cuban.

Cheer for Miami because you are a Rockets fan.

14. Outlier

Outlier Member

Cheer for Dallas because they are not the CHeat.

Cheer for Dallas because you hate LeBron.

Cheer for Dallas because you are an NBA fan.

15. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Member

Because the best team ALWAYS wins the championship.

Sincerely,

the 1994 Seattle Supersonics

16. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

1 Reason to root for the Heat.

Dallas sucks.

17. don grahamleone

Et Tu Brute?

Quit being a sissy and get your Mav hatin' life back in order. Rockets fans are getting soft. I know a Rockets fan who cheers for San Antonio and Houston now. Jebus! Those teams used to be a rival. What have we become? We're soft fans and I'm tired of it. Grow some hair back on those chests and pull from your inner rocket red core!

18. don grahamleone

Are you a recent fan of the Rockets? Or have you gone soft too? Do Boston fans cheer for the Yankees because their team is out of the playoffs now and the team they are playing has one player on it that they don't like? No, they fargin hate the Yankees because they are a rival. Grow a pair.

19. Rockets34Legend

This.

I can't stand either team, so I'm not rooting for anyone.

Rockets, you better get your ass together next year! :mad:

20. ferrari77

ferrari77 Member

You're out of your mind.
    One of those starters never got into form when he returned this season from his off-season injury. The other starter is a solid player that makes the team even better but is not as impactful a player as the #1 option on the team. I doubt they would make the West playoffs w/out Dirk.
    Dirk may have been surrounded by better talent i.e Nash and Finley in his early years but ever since then it's been trash upon trash. Wang zhi zhi?? Antonie Rigadeau??
    Both Dirk and Bron had it rough but Dirk's obviously a different person than LeBron and believed a bit more in Cuban and Donnie Nelson's ability to get it right eventually with the player personnel around him.