1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

20 Questions for Battier.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by roflmcwaffles, May 13, 2013.

1. roflmcwaffles

roflmcwaffles Member

I put this here because of question 19, and especially question 20. Move if necessary.

http://www.newsobserver.com/2013/05/10/2884923/20-questions-for-shane-battier.html

Battier ran into Yao, at the end of Yao's career.

Yao, I felt like was a leader his last few years, but didn't sense it early in his career. I wonder what he'd say had he been Yao's teammate since day 1.

2. Im Just Sayin

Im Just Sayin Member

More like Yao's prime you mean?

3. SC1211

SC1211 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Thanks for the link. Yao always led by example, even in his early years. It's not like Battier caught him at the tail end of his career; nearly half of Yao's career coincided with Battier's.

4. roflmcwaffles

roflmcwaffles Member

They were one in the same sadly enough.

Oh to have Yao on this team, would be so dangerous w/ Harden and Asik, a perfect compliment.

5. jocar

jocar Member

It just took him a little time to learn English and feel comfortable enough with the team. He was quickly becoming a great, vocal team leader. Ahhhh, what could've been :(

6. Akim523

Akim523 Member

That thought itself gives me goosebump, Yao and Asik manning the paint? We gonna make every opponent a jump shooting team.

Best defense in the league.

7. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

No. 4. Hmmm, I wonder who that could be??

8. The Situation

The Situation Member

[​IMG]

9. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

Many would think Tmac, but I feel like it's someone from the Memphis days...

We'll never know.

I wish there was some sort of list that showed which players hate one another. I mean literally, not just competitively.

For my part, I DO know that NeNe absolutely hates Lou Amundson...to the point that there is a restraining order.

I'm sure Battier was no fan of Tmac though, just like you can tell Ron Ron wasn't fond, and in my opinion, Ron's support for Yao made Tmac resent the team even more.