1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live, including SGA and the Thunder taking on the New Orleans Pelicans

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

20 player brawl at NYJ camp?

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by Apps, Aug 6, 2012.

1. Apps

Apps Member

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/232515894218211328

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/football/nfl/08/06/jets-brawl.ap/index.html

About 20 players were involved in a sideline brawl during a chippy practice Monday after running back Joe McKnight and safety D'Anton Lynn tangled after a play.

If you read on, you'll see that a lot of the players were just playing around and pretending to throw punches at each other, but it seems like at the beginning of the altercation between McKnight and Lynn there was a bit of actual violence going on for a bit.

My god, that team is a mess. With the concoction of Tebow, Sanchez, Rex Ryan, that coach that tripped the Dolphins player, and now these guys brawling with each other, I can say these guys are the most easy team to despise.

2. da_juice

da_juice Member

You forgot to mention that they have the most homerish and obnoxious fans in the league.

3. The Hunted

The Hunted Member

I thought coaches love this type of thing. Players showing a mean streak on the field.

4. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Don't worry. It's just Remember The Titans: Tebow edition. Everything is going according to plan.

5. J.R.

J.R. Member

ESPN's reporter headline from Jets camp: Boomer and the brawl.

Referring to Boomer Esiason saying the Jets should cut Tim Tebow.

6. Shaud

Shaud Member

Why would this make anyone hate them more? Especially considering fighting in training camp happens every year.

7. Austin Rivers

Austin Rivers Member

This is a good thing for the team, brings out the fire and competition of the players in camp. Heck if I was a coach, I'd want my team to get into brawls every practice.

8. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

What Boomer said about Tebow is just as applicable to Sanchez too.

9. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

No its not. Sanchez isn't great but he catches a lot of flack because he plays for the Jets. If Flacco played for the Jets he'd be getting a ton more negative criticism than he gets playing for the Ravens.

10. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

I agree Flacco is overrated and generally won't win BAL anything. But at comparing 2011 QB rating, pass percentage and espn's QBR to skim things, both Sanchez and Tebow were bottom 10 and/or within 5 spots of each other in rankings.

11. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

LOL.....@ the Jets and their ****** coach.

12. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

Also I read that Cromartie gave a big hit to Santonio Holmes and Santonio broke a rib, or at least an injury that will keep him out of preseason game 1.

Also Antonio Cromartie (cornerback) saying he is the 2nd best WR in the team.

So a lot of distractions at Jets camp, and the locker room doesnt seem too friendly.

13. xcrunner51

xcrunner51 Contributing Member

I like how Tebow just does his own thing regardless of criticism. There's really nothing he could say about Esiason's comments. I respect that.

14. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Their QB Rating rankings aren't that far apart due to Tebow's not bad TD/Int ratio which comes from limiting his throws. His 46% completion percentage is abysmal.

15. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

The Jets are the new Raiders.

What a circus.

16. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

:confused: injuries????

17. RedDynasty

RedDynasty Member

I know this is offtopic, but why is there a question mark in the title? I should just say
    "20 Players Brawl at Jets Camp".

18. Major

Major Member

I don't think that's the case at all. Sanchez can throw a football, but he makes horrible decisions on a regular basis. Tebow tends to make the right decision most of the time, but he can't execute it because he can't throw a football. But as far as whatever value there is to intangibles, Sanchez seems to find ways to lose games while Tebow, in a limited sample, consistently found ridiculous ways to win games and play well in 4th quarters.

If I was running a team, I wouldn't want either of them as my QB. But if I was stuck with them, I'd play Sanchez until the game is close late, and then play Tebow because there's a good chance Sanchez will do something stupid.

19. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

20. da_juice

da_juice Member

It's simple, you just tape Sanchez and Tebow together. Tebow will handle the running and decision making, Sanchez will throw when Tebow tell's him to.