1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2 of 3 first round picks will be #23 & #24

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by topfive, May 25, 2021.

1. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

So Kemba Walker required #16 pick in the first round to move.

Wall would need what?

2. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

Would really depend upon how the draft falls. I don't like the UT guy's & Ziaire really underwhelms.

Garuba if he's available but I have a feeling he's gone by 18.

If that's the case I'd hope that someone else fell a few spots - maybe Bouknight or Sengen.

If not , I cold be tempted to trade out of that pick .... give me an early/mid pick in this years second round and next years #1 top 10 protected. Next years draft will have highschool players again ....

After that trade I'd stick with Murphy III , Queta / Petrusev and pick up Jay Huff with the 2nd round pick ....

I know several guys here like Bassey a lot .... I think its a huge reach at 24 , he's generally 55-60th prospect on most big boards.

Maybe you get him with an early to mid second .... instead of Jay Huff in my above scenario ....

The one guy I stick to my guns on is Murphy .... He's a deadeye shooter at 6'9" with point guard ball skills and huge upside defensively.

raining threes, saleem and sydmill like this.
  3. sydmill

sydmill Member

I feel like the Rockets need a big with one of their lower firsts. My preference is probably Garuba/Jackson/Jones but I expect all of them will be gone. I put Bassey at the bottom of the first but if you can get him later then I'm down. Not sure why Murphy doesn't get more love, he is perfect for the modern NBA.

4. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Greg Brown. We need to swing for the fences.

D-rock, BMoney and ApacheWarrior like this.
  5. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

16 picks

VoR, roslolian, xaos and 10 others like this.
  6. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

candidate for post of the season

malakas, dmoneybangbang and saleem like this.
  7. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

I want Josh Christoper with one those late picks. We need a High potential picks dude could be a explosive scorer InThis league

cheke64, saleem and sydmill like this.
  8. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

I can tell you exactly why Murphy doesn't get much run .... He's not seen as a superstar type , just a good all around player.

Everyone seems to want to swing for the fences on every pick ..... I'm content to just nail that one with a solid rotation player because of his toolbox - It perfectly fits the modern NBA. Dude has no holes in his game , if he were two years younger he'd be in the mix with Cade for #1.

Shooting - Check
    Handles - Check
    Drive - Check
    Passing - Check
    Defense - Check

I'd be cool with Bassey .... but think there's better value to be had at 23 & 24 , buy an early 2nd if you can and go that route. .... Don't really like either of the Texas guys , they just don't have the offensive skills some of the others do.

BallaDoc and sydmill like this.
  9. cheke64

cheke64 Member

10. COMPAQ CENTER

COMPAQ CENTER Member

Clutch. Are we going to have a dedicated thread for the 2021NBA Draft Lottery night?

Which is in 2 days !

malakas, Clutch and daywalker02 like this.
  11. sydmill

sydmill Member

Agreed. I think he'll be drafted surprisingly early compared to where he is mocked though. Smart teams know singles and doubles are what picks outside of the lottery are made for.

saleem likes this.
  12. Sen89

Sen89 Member

I wish there were more surefire 3/D 6'7"-6'9" guys available in the 20s this year. On the plus side, they're the easiest to find gems in the 2nd (or even undrafted, as we've seen), but getting a Moses Moody type (or a 90% version) to add to Cade* and a versatile defensive big (with our other late 1st) would be an ideal scenario.

13. COMPAQ CENTER

COMPAQ CENTER Member

14. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

So now draft Green at #2, draft Day'Ron Sharpe at #23 and Filip Petrusev at #24.
    Playtimes over.

15. b2bizchina

b2bizchina Member

why do u want to move wall? wall can be moved in next season

16. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Just going over all options

See if we can get first round picks like in the Harden deal?

Wall is considered a franchise player