1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2 Much Love 4 Steve

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rich_argh, Feb 12, 2004.

1. rich_argh

rich_argh Member

Everybody loves Francis than you guys actually think... If you live outside your computer monitor you'll see outside and outdoors people talking about him... Friends and family adore him and think hes cool... MY girlfriend thinks he's hot and she has posters aplenty... Perhaps this forum has only 10% of the Houston citizens while the other 90% LOVES this guy... Like it or not fellow Clutch BBS poster reader, alot is to lose when we lose this guy... The (pronounced D-EE) Fans! There is noone else that can replace this guy's spirit, electrifying dunks and the way he entertains Toyota Center and wows other city audiences...

2. RocketScientist

RocketScientist Contributing Member

I agree with you whole heartedly. Don't know what you're missing until its gone.

The last four years were amazing. I remember thinking the year he came in about his pouting in Vancouver and all this hype about him being explosive, I was skeptical to say the least. Somewhere that rookie season though, we all saw the beginning of a superstar just beginning his career.

I hope the Franchise stays true to his name and becomes this franchise's cornerstone for his career. (along with YAO of course!)

3. sup123

sup123 Member

im not bashing francis, he played excellent last night, but it is only one freakin GAME. And this could have gone in some other thread.

4. derrock

derrock Contributing Member

You must have one big computer monitor. And I guess if your gf thinks he's hot, well, I'm not sure what that's supposed to mean. I know someone who thinks Padgett is hot and can't find any posters.

5. playahata

playahata Member

I've met broads that talk about recent meetings and dates with Matt Maloney.

6. Bogey

Bogey Contributing Member

The last four years were amazing

I'd take four years of being in the playoffs over the last four "amazing" years.

7. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

Since the Rockets have near the worst attendence in the league, I wouldn't be too worried about losing Dee Fans. The people that post here are generally the most knowledgeable and dedicated of the Rox fans (why else would someone post here thousands of times?). For most of us, we are far more concerned with the team's performance than having a "hot" point guard. I don't care if we don't replace his "electrifying dunks", because I don't think we will need to spend 10 million dollars to replace his <2 assist to turnover ratio.

8. GATER

GATER Contributing Member

The world outside of my computer monitor called me last week. It was a good friend who used to have Rockets' season tickets a few years ago but doesn't keep up with it much anymore. He sort of got into the Astros and keeps up more with baseball.

He knows I still follow the Rockets so when he called the first words out of his mouth were..."What in h*** is up with Francis...missing a game to go to the Super Bowl? What a dumb*ss!"

I'd say his opinion is more reflective of what 90% of the general population of Houston thinks as opposed to you and your small social circle.

9. BigCountry132

BigCountry132 Contributing Member

What has francis done in his career to become the "franchise" of this team when we haven't made the playoffs during his tenure. Yes he did have a really good game but how many times have we seen this happen when he plays a great game one day and the next game he plays below average.

10. bigballerj

bigballerj Member

Exactly! His name would not be involved in any trades if he had more games like the one vs the Lakers and less 6-17 shooting nights with 5+ TOs. He is just too inconsistent this year.

11. spydermex

spydermex Member

Yea but i wanna see what happens this year.

12. SmeggySmeg

SmeggySmeg Contributing Member

you lie Gater.... you have no world outside your computer :p

13. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Some could be said about Yao's performance....:eek:

Anyways, the Rockets have to make it to the playoffs before I start to praise them. For the moment, I am standing behind them and cheering them on. They aren't going to be a religion until the playoffs.....;)

.....aww never mind, obviously I am in the cult, almost 4000 posts...:p

#13 Uprising, Feb 12, 2004
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2004
  14. BigCountry132

BigCountry132 Contributing Member

Thats true, but this yao's 2nd year and he faced the most dominant player in the league yesterday. Its francis' 5th year and he is a max-dollar player, we should have higher expectations for him than for yao...for now.

15. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Actually it's been almost every game since the suspension.

16. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The competition is not between Steve and Yao. Why do people keep trying to make this season about Steve vs. Yao. IT's the Rockets vs. the rest of the NBA. Not teammate vs. teammate.