1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2 games out of playoffs and we have the same core

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by VoR, Feb 8, 2024.

1. VoR

VoR Member

Nothing to sweat about here. Other teams will have to relearn chemistry and our players have history. Y'all acting like this is Ime's third year and some of y'all are so used to tanking that you don't understand what a rebuild looks like. Whitmore and Amen are our trade deadline pieces. We don't need anything else. Let's get this.

Rocketeer, Arkese, Andre0087 and 19 others like this.
  2. Salvy

Salvy Member

Not only that but we will always have Alpi!!!

[​IMG]

3. lakersuck2

lakersuck2 Member

Really no need to give up any future assets for short term upgrades. If we really need a big, guys like Noel, Birch, Biyombo are out there even before the buyout market. I wouldn't have minded a Tate trade to declutter the rotation but other teams have eyes too and they know he sucks so maybe there really just wasn't anything our there. Stay the course, stimulate growth and fill needs next offseason.

4. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

The Mavs supposedly offered a couple of second-round picks for him but were turned down, and there were rumors of Boston and Phoenix wanting him, but I don't know what they were offering. I was kind of hoping for a trade myself, but oh well.

napalm06 likes this.
  5. OkayAyeReloaded

Agreed, one thing fans sleep on is developing players and chemistry over seasons. One mistake during the Harden era is that he always tried to retool the core roster instead of spending years developing chemistry to improve organically. Like Denver did over the years to win a chip, Milwaukee, GSW even old-school Spurs, etc. Not everyone is LeBron and can pull it off, KD couldn't either after he left GSW so far.

Stop trying to take impatient shortcuts and develop your team and chemistry. These guys are all around 19-22 years old and will hit their strides at the same time.

burlesk, red5rocket, vince and 7 others like this.
  6. jim1961

jim1961 Member

The core isnt what needed to change.

We needed a big man (this year).
    Would cutting Boban and inserting Biyombo cost us a thing?

When Tari comes back, what role does Tate have?
    Answer: None.
    But we turned down 2 second round picks for him.

[​IMG]

burlesk, JamesC and CHAMPBOY like this.
  7. lakersuck2

lakersuck2 Member

I don't believe any of that crap anymore. This organization has a long long history of leaking fake **** to reporters to save face. Remember the Eric Gordon stuff?

8. vjohnson

vjohnson Member

Well we have Tari coming back so that should help some

9. heypartner

heypartner Member

We aren’t 2 games out of the playoffs.
    We are 2 games out of the last play-in spot.
    Which literally means we are 2 games away from being 2 games away from the playoffs. :cool:

This calling the play-ins, the playoffs, is becoming a pet peeve of mine.

10. evo8lover

evo8lover Member

Fire stone dude can’t improve this roster whatsoever. I’d image him being a shitty lawyer as well

kubli9 and juanm34 like this.
  11. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

2 games out of being eliminated already.

12. ipaman

ipaman Member

Fact is it's obvious we have a major hole and it was not addressed. Help us all if Alpi goes does down this season for any period of time.

Watch what happens to the "two games out" vibes.

clos4life likes this.
  13. jim1961

jim1961 Member

The last 2 years, we gave up on winning. Ok, were rebuilding.

This year, I thought we were trying to win. Our inaction at this deadline tells me we gave up on winning this year also.
    I guess I was an idiot to buy in on all this stage 2 craap.

evo8lover and Ankara1923 like this.
  14. dmoneybangbang

Clearly we weren't going to pay the price to marginally get better. Our wings have been consistently injured this season, Green has been generally disappointing, and Whitmore has only been getting consistent within the last 30 days so I think we still have internal room for improvement for the rest of the season.

As far as I am concerned, we are over exceeding and anyone that moved the expectation goal post only have themselves to blame for being upset.

15. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Not making the playoffs gives us a chance to win a top 4 pick in the lottery

[​IMG]

16. theDude

theDude Member

How does leaking that you turned down two 2nd round picks for Tate save face?

17. kpdark

kpdark Member

[​IMG]

Believe It! likes this.
  18. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

I think what people fail to realize about Tate is that he's Ime's culture and tone setter.

You aint playing hard, you sit and Tate will put out effort.

To a young team like this, Tate has more value as that guy than a couple of 2nd round picks.

It's highly likely that his option is picked up in the offseason and he's back next year - the same expiring contract he could have been for some team today - maybe Stone gets a late 1 from a playoff team at the next deadline or maybe there's a place for him on the future roster when some of the current players have moved on.

19. Jontro

Jontro Member

anyone else think shenjoon runs funny?

20. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

Being in the play-in is meaningless, we aren’t going to make the playoffs anyway

kpdark likes this.