1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

2 Dead as Protests Break out in Tibet

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by rocketsjudoka, Mar 14, 2008.

1. olliez

olliez Contributing Member

Sammy, your ability of goal posts shifting is outstanding. Whenever you can not sustain a sensible argument, you move to personal attacks.

Good on you.

:D

2. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

You always have to be shifting your phaser frequencies when you face The Borg.

common knowledge.

3. longhornchampno

So is that what you do when you engage SamBorgFisher who is the most well-known borg around here?

4. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Apparently you don't know very much about the Borg. They are a collective consciousness absent of individual identity. Individual Borg drones are all interchangeable. The phrase 'well-known Borg' is an oxymoron.

5. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

Pretty much like the anti china crowd, you can interchange anyone of them. :p Maybe Sam is the borg queen? :D

6. longhornchampno

Apparently you don't know very much about the Borg. A Borg does not possess his own independent thinking and all his ideas are drawn from a database decided by his 'creator' (the programmer). That's why his response to any issue is very predictable and repetitive. This description fits SamBorg perfectly well.

7. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

^ now you are displaying another concept occasionally on display in the middle kingdom - copying others work and then profiteering off of it with a cheap copy :(

Borgs and bots are mine and tinmans, find something else to knock off.

8. longhornchampno

Copy what and profiteering off what? Man up and elaborate on what you say there.

I said "A Borg does not possess his own independent thinking and all his ideas are drawn from a database decided by his 'creator' (the programmer). That's why his response to any issue is very predictable and repetitive. This description fits SamBorg perfectly well."

Did you even bother to read or your programmer forgot to give you to ability to do that?

9. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

How much Star Trek have you watched? You don't seem to have a real understanding of what a Borg is. They are not computers. They are the collective. There is no programmer. There is no database. They are homogenous collectivized living creatures. If you want to liken someone to a Borg, at least make sure you know what a Borg actually is.

[​IMG]

BTW, your whole rant against Sam seems a little bit like when kids on the playground say, "I know you are but what am I" in response to perceived insults. It is not particularly meaningful or convincing.

10. yuantian

yuantian Contributing Member

people who watch star trek are borgs. they are not computers, but they collectively watch star trek all the time. (nothing against star trek :D)

11. longhornchampno

Thank you for educating me. Looks like you are right there. Unlike a Bot, I admit my mistake when I see one. Let me call him SamBot from now on then.

No matter how you slice it, what I said is still way more meaningful and convincing than what SamBot said. Perhaps you think linking peaceful demonstration against the biased media to Nazi gathering is meaningful and convincing?

12. SamFisher

Shampoo:

When the nazis founded the torch relay in 1936 - it was designed as a nationalistic propaganda piece to rally suppport for a facist regime. When PRCbots line the streets to cheer their autocratic regime and implicitly its agressive repression of minorities - you'd have to be have your PRCBot visual recognition sensors disabled to not see the parallels. I mean, I can't name a single moment from another torch run, ever. But China has ensured that its torch run and the accompanying nationalistic grandeur, and pomp and circumstance (has it summited) will forever live alongside the Nazi "Triumph of the Will" torch run as the most memorable in history. Congrats, China!

As a former PRC government official noted on NPR earlier this week, China in the 2000's and the mental state of its nationalists is akin to that of Germany in the 1930's, each aggressively in the mood for revenge for past harms, be they real or imaginary.

PS - stop knocking off my metaphor - your cheap copy does not mean minimum standards.

13. michecon

michecon Contributing Member

I find it fascinating. Now that some Chinese posters don't agree with Chinese government, i.e., to meet with Dalai representatives, what will be the new name-calling arise other than the worn-out borg?

14. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

They don't realize that the Chinese government is often more moderate on many issues than many citizens in China.

15. longhornchampno

Sambot, once again, why don't you man up for just once and elaborate on what the coping and profiteering off is that you are talking about?

Can you even read? Like I have said before, perhaps your creator the programmer was not kind enough to write a few additional codes so you can read? Or perhaps that was one lousy programmer so he failed to program you to be able to read?

Keep trying to equate the torch run this year to Nazi Germany. So many people have exposed how dumb you are that it is not even funny and therefore I do not need to repeat what they said here. Only a shameless bot like you would keep repeating the same rant even after you had been hammered time after time here. Anyway, I was not even talking about the torch run there (that's why I said you do not possess the ability to read). You linked the peaceful demonstration against the biased media to Nazi gathering. Can you even remember? Or your programmer also neglected to equip you with the ability to remember (time to upgrade the RAM, perhaps)?

16. SamFisher

OK - I will man up - I am referring to your stealing and copying of my Bot metaphor like a chick who is trying to sell me Cloverfield DVDs for 5$ at lunch. I didn't know this was "manning up" - rather, I call it 'overexplaining an obvious metaphor"

I don't have to try, it simply IS one of the lasting legacies of Nazi Germany. The Goebbels designed torch run will always be linked with Nazi Germany where it originated - especially when autocratic regimes use it as a nationalist rallying cry. None since the nazis themselves have generated this much notable support. Congrats again.

17. longhornchampno

ROFL, so you have used that term before and anyone who used that again is stealing. Someone has called himself Samfisher before, so you must be the chick who is trying to sell people a DVD for $5.

If you have half a brain, you would see that the so-called rallying cry is in response to the violence and the attack of the handicapped girl in Paris. Anyone with half a brain could tell if everyone has protested peaceful from the beginning and nothing ugly like that has happened, the event would be much less an issue in the media, would have drawn much less attention world-wide and much less people would have come out to support the run. Once again it proved how lame you are to try to take advantage of an issue and then lie about the origin of it in order to fit your own hate preach.

18. SamFisher

^ hmm, sorry Pantene-Pro V Bot, but the PRC Master Control Program had plans to turn the Nazi torch run into a tawdry spectacle LONG before the protesters embarrassed it to the negotiating table. That's why they're staging the longest, most costly (wasteful) torch run in history - complete with the ridiculous poltiical stunt of taking the torch to the top of Chomolongma..happening as we speak.

19. longhornchampno

Hey SamBot, what makes you so bitter just because they tried to make it a global event? In your biased eyes, you see them as so-called nationalistic rally. I see it a move to bring the world together and promote harmony. Too bad some mindless protesters had defeated the whole purpose with violence and chaos. Of course as a Bot, you will never have freedom of thinking to view the whole episode in that way.

20. SamFisher

^ Garnier Fructis:

Looks like they failed miserably in that task! :) I guess next time you promote global harmony you shouldn't consult Goebbels and Riefenstahl! :)