1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2 Dead as Protests Break out in Tibet

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by rocketsjudoka, Mar 14, 2008.

1. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

^ oh here we go again. American Indian/Manifest Destiny reference forthcoming in teh next page........

2. wnes

wnes Contributing Member

LOL, the concept of Nation only applies whenever you see fit.

3. MR. MEOWGI

MR. MEOWGI Contributing Member

Protesters Scale Golden Gate Bridge

53 minutes ago

[​IMG]

SAN FRANCISCO (AP) — Three protesters are climbing up the suspension cables of the Golden Gate Bridge as part of a protest to the coming Olympic torch relay.

The protesters are wearing helmets and one of them is carrying a suitcase with him. All three of the protesters are tethered together.

One of them has pulled out a Tibetan flag.

The torch is due to arrive Wednesday in San Francisco, its only North American stop.

http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5inYHymKBdq64xWUQdEqPTzV-QuRQD8VT5TB81

4. rfila

rfila Member

So it is understandable to kill innocent Chinese in Tibet because you believe the situations are different? I got you.

I am not going to refute your points. I do not think anything I write will change your mind/brain. I am not good at English like MFW/yuantian/yeo/wnes etc. do, but I outsmart them on this one. Hey, I feel good!

5. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I would put the Chinese in Tibet in the same category as the British who moved to Northern Ireland in order to get an advantage over other British when the Provos were bombing the crap out of Northern Ireland.

If you climb into the jaws of the tiger, don't be surprised if you get bit. That doesn't mean the tiger has a moral right to eat you. It doesn’t mean that the tiger should be able to eat you without repercussions. It just means tigers get hungry ultimately will act like tigers. It is simply the nature of things.

6. rfila

rfila Member

My bad, I probably did not get you. Sounds like Native Amercan have a case here. Good thing vast number of Indians were killed long time ago, or we would have had more troubles in this land because the Indians would have legitimate reason to kill people around.

7. SamFisher

And....here it is. This thread is like an ancient indian burial ground, their angry ghosts are constantly being awakened.

8. Ottomaton

Supporting Member

I think traders who decided to move out west in the 1800's and seek their fortunes when they knew that there were vast tribes of hostile Indians absolutely took their chances. I blame no Native American for scalping and murdering invading white men, even if those white men weren't overtly hostile.

But like Sam says, go back about 15 pages and you can read the whole conversation and you can avoid dredging it back up again. Everything you are going to say is already here.

9. rfila

rfila Member

Don't worry about that. If you can kill the live ones, there is no reason to be afraid of the dead ones.

Maybe there are indeed two worlds involved in this thread. One is the real world when we talk about the US history and reality. The other is a hypercritical world when we come to the Chinese history and reality.

Two worlds or two words? Double standard?

10. real_egal

real_egal Contributing Member

Have Hauptmann Herr Fischer and Oberleutnant Herr Otto had anything new to say, since last 30 similar threads?

11. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

Why bother defending China. I said this before, there are a vast majority of people on this bbs who are against China for any of countless reasons, but they all unite against China and enjoy anything that puts China in a bad light.

No one here cares that if the current Chinese government collapse and China fall into chaos, the problem it would cause the rest of the world, or what happens if more extremist take control of China like in Iran for example.

None of these posters cares about the lives of every day Chinese people, whose living standards have gone up more than 600% in the last thirty years. There is a reason why there is so much support behind the current government for the most part by most Chinese. Sure US and other wealthy nations will show some token help for poor nations, but don't count on them to do anything if it will harm any interest in their own countries.

Democracy is not the quick fix that many think it is. Slow are sure progress surely beats extreme changes, no one can deny the Chinese today enjoy much more human rights freedom than thirty years ago. Change for the sake of changing is just childish.

12. rfila

rfila Member

I was just trying hard to understand your logic, and I have to admit I failed on that one. As I said early, I won't refute anything you say.

Unfortunately, I am having more and more problems trying to understand you. Take this latest one, "I blame no Native American for scalping and murdering invading white men, even if those white men weren't overtly hostile." May I know if you would blame Native American if they kill white men TODAY? if the answer is no, how come you do not blame Tibetian for killing Chinese last month?

I just don't get it. Enlight me please.

13. namo

namo Member

What's so hard to understand? Who cares about the dignity and well-being of the Chinese.
    [​IMG]

14. Ottomaton

Supporting Member

Since there aren't any Native American tribes roming the plains of Kansas City these days, I would place that question in the category of, "Would I blame Manchu for defending Changchun against Han": the question nonsensical because there are no maurauding armies of Manchu bannermen anymore. They are gone from Manchuria. They are not there as a seperate identity to defend from the Han.

I guess if Americans tried to move in and take over Native Reservations, then by all means, go for it, Mr. Sioux Warrior. Scalp the white man.

In the same way, I'm much more concerned about the Bengal Tiger than about conservation of the Thylacine or the Passenger Pidgeon. The Bengal Tiger isn't more important than the others, it is just the one for whom action and attitude can still make a difference.

#774 Ottomaton, Apr 7, 2008
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2008
  15. langal

langal Contributing Member

To be fair, I think that most of the "free tibet" crowd is probably against US involvement in the Middle East.

I think they are wrong and biased in some cases, but they are at least consistent when it comes to Iraq, etc.

Now if you are pro-Irag war and free-tibet, then there are some problems. I think any pro-war politician would get called out on that.

16. rfila

rfila Member

I think I got it this time!

You will blame the Indians if they kill white men today becaue "there aren't any Native American tribes roming the plains of Kansas City these days". Wow, Chinese are stupid. They could have just wiped out all Tibetan "tribes" and got Ottomaton sympathy for getting killed by a Tibetan with "no seperate identity"!

American always does a better job than Chinese, here is the prove!

"I guess if Americans tried to move in and take over Native Reservations, then by all means, go for it, Mr. Sioux Warrior. Scalp the white man." God forbidden, should that ever happened, I can vision that the tribes will be gone in no time before Ottomation finish his slogan "Scalp the white man!"

17. longhornchampno

You are delusioned if you think the likes of SamFisher really cares about the well-being of Chinese people or the progress of democracy in China. This hypocrite doesn't give a flying ass to whether China falls into chao or whatever disastrous situation that may happen there. No one denies the human right problem in China (and the human right problem in every other part of the world too). The likes of SamFisher just take advantage of the issue and hide behind the human right banner to run his mouth on anything about China. Like I have said before, I can practically predict what he would say and which side he would take whenever I see a thread about China. Just go ahead to be as hypocritical as you want to be, But please don't pretend that you are being righteous and and please don't pretend that you care about the right of the people in China, cause you are not. You are just taking advantage of the situation there to tarnish the image of China for your own propaganda in an internet forum. Your hypocrisy makes me want to puke.

18. SamFisher

Nonsense Shampoo - a chaotic Chinese economy would be bad for my investment portfolio.

Anyway, I love all my chinese brothers and sisters, especially the sisters. I want them to be democratized and free like the worthy people of Taiwan - one of my favorite countries on earth.

19. real_egal

real_egal Contributing Member

Getting high in your delusional shallow mind again? LOL. "Being unworthy" in the eyes of a Nazi loving racist like you, is quite some pleasure, even on an Internet forum.

20. rfila

rfila Member

Not for me. Whatever that Samfisher says doesn't mean a **** to me. I used to think he is just stupid. And I have found he is worse than that. Ignoring him may be the best way dealing with such a low life in a forum.