1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Hot Deal 2 Days Only - Amazon Fire Streaming Stick - $19

Discussion in 'Hot Deals and Classifieds' started by Nero, Oct 27, 2014.

1. Nero

Nero Member

hey guys, wanted to pass this along.

This looks like Amazon's version of the Chromecast and Roku streaming sticks.

Normally it will sell for $39, but it's on a 2-day sale for $19 .

It's a pre-order, releasing on November 19th.

The specs on the thing looks pretty good, and if it works anywhere as well as a Chromecast, then it might be worth picking up. I decided to take a flyer on one for $20, so we'll see how it goes.

So the 2-day sale, October 27th & 28th, half price. And it comes with a remote, unlike the Chromecast.

It's right on the splash page at Amazon - http://www.amazon.com

Hopefully it doesn't suck! :grin:

2. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

3. Nero

Nero Member

Ah, I didn't realize that, it just shows up on my main Amazon page.

4. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

Yeah I don't see the market for this. When Chromecast allows you to cast your screen, and now that Amazon app allows you to watch instant video, what's the purpose of buying this extra stick?

Amazon has really crippled themselves by trying to be exclusive and different from the major OSs. They should have stuck with piggy backing off Android instead of their Android-lite.

5. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

You can't pass it up for only $19 + tax + free 2 day shipping.

6. basso

basso Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

i already have a chrome cast, apple TV, and a Fire TV. do i need this?

of the three, the Fire TV gets used most these days, nice selection of free content, most of the same apps as apple TV, and better picture quality, faster streaming.

hardly use the chrome cast anymore, but then, i'm out of HDMI ports now too.

7. RocketDonut

RocketDonut Contributing Member

This is reason enough to get it if you travel: