1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[2.0]Cyberex, paging Cyberex...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Two Sandwiches, Feb 17, 2016.

1. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

Luc, I can see. Ariza I doubt goes back to LA to play for peanuts. But even I will acknowledge that guys will want to play there.

However, my point remains that such a big 3 wouldn’t be better than the Warriors big 3 (and definitely not the big 4 with Draymond). The Rockets, with LeBron, Harden and Paul, would be.

If it’s about lifestyle, the Lakers make sense, but they don’t give LeBron the best chance at rings.

2. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

My take on why LeBron left Miami was the totality of the team. Not just Wade. The team was old. Old vets. There wasn't any youth on the bench. Miami did a poor job of restocking the crops. Riley rested on his laurels. They stopped spending. Cut players like Miller. Those were signs to LeBron. He read the tea leaves.

3. aroundtheblock2

What questions around Bosh?

4. J.R.

J.R. Member

I agree. Houston would be a great option, if not the best option, for winning now.

But I was just responding that's it's not crazy LeBron might have concerns about Chris Paul holding up (as cyberx alluded to).

5. aroundtheblock2

It was money, plain and simple. Miami wasn't willing to pony up.

hakeem94 likes this.
  6. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

[​IMG]

7. amaru

amaru Member

Multiple health issues... don’t think it was specifically the blood clot thing but I remember some question marks around him.

8. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

There is no question that his best chance at a title this upcoming season as the rosters stand now is Houston.

However, it's easy to see that he can look at LA and see a great lifestyle, a chance to contend this year and the potential to add another star and be the favorite in the future.

D-rock, J.R. and amaru like this.
  9. Bobsputin

Bobsputin Member

whiskeyred a.k.a Iron Sheik

whiskeyred likes this.
  10. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

News to me. We were salivating over the prospect of having him next to Dwight and Harden. Until the blood clot, he had been pretty healthy as a member of the Heat. Had a lot more issues when he was with the Raptors.

clutchdabear likes this.
  11. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

LeBron and CP3 talk every day, he knows the work CP3 puts into keeping his body healthy. I’m pretty sure LeBron doesn’t find the idea of playing with Paul George and no third star (or guys like Kemba Walker or Bradley Beal) more appealing than playing with two top 10-15 players in Harden and CP3. One of which, he’s very good friends with.

If he chooses Los Angeles, it’s a decision that goes beyond winning championships. (Family, business interests, etc). Because he’d be hoping he could build a team good enough to beat the Warriors, whereas in Houston, it’s ready-made to do so.

Raisin, clutchdabear and D-rock like this.
  12. amaru

amaru Member

I could have the years wrong. Doesn’t really matter at this point tbh.

bulkatron likes this.
  13. Vivi

Vivi Member

I agree that George isn't as good as James, but i'm also pretty sure he would be pretty damn good next to Lebron, certainly better than how he was with Westbrook.

Anyway, the "good" news here, might be that if Lebron has no interest in coming here, Chris should know already, just like Harden probably knew about Durant, at least we will not lose time on that.

D-rock and amaru like this.
  14. amaru

amaru Member

Devil’s advocate:

Being so close to CP3, James might know about some injury problems he’s having that haven’t been made public.

justtxyank likes this.
  15. amaru

amaru Member

Plus he’d be energized by returning home.

16. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

Agreed lol. At this point, his career is over.

amaru likes this.
  17. J.R.

J.R. Member

Here's what we know via @justtxyank

#takethatfordata. ;)

18. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

If/then - - LBJ would be there to carry his bud, lighten his role/minutes/gp whatever. That is if they played together, something I would like IN HOUSTON, but have very little expectation thereof (alas, lads, alas).

19. HP3

HP3 Member

I think we might have to deal with the fact that our "big" free agency deals will be just resigning Paul and Capella.

amaru likes this.
  20. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

That hasn't been true when it came to literally any superstar caliber player that has ever gone to the Lakers in the history of ever.

Every single superstar caliber player to go to the Lakers before their prime was over has been absolutely trashed for failing to get it done. Just one failed season in LA was enough to drastically harm Dwight Howard's image around the league, something he's never recovered from.

Also, if Lebron never wins another championship, his legacy will get trashed for it and they'll elevate players like KD over him because casual fans really are dumb enough to base their opinions on ring counts.....just look at Kobe.

luckyman76, clutchdabear and hakeem94 like this.