1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[2.0]Cyberex, paging Cyberex...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Two Sandwiches, Feb 17, 2016.

1. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

Why would any team in the West other than rebuilding ones like Memphis, Phoenix, etc, help the Lakers out? They want to go up against the Warriors, Rockets and a third super team in the Lakers for the foreseeable future? Come on.

It’s more likely an eastern conference team would deal with the Lakers, which means names like Kemba Walker or maybe Wall or Beal in Washington (though there is no report the Wizards want to move either). With the Raptors hiring Casey’s assistant, I don’t see them wanting to blow their roster up and trade DeRozan or Lowry any more.

Also, if the Spurs did decide to deal Kawhi, Boston or Philly could make far more attractive offers. Boston with picks and young players, and Philly could actually swap Simmons for Kawhi if they knew LeBron was coming.

clutchdabear likes this.
  2. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

The fact that Harden is the kind of player who will let another superstar waive him off when he's feeling it for the benefit of the team suggests that he'd fit really well with Lebron. The willingness to defer to another superstar that is on fire is something that you don't see all that often when it comes to the top quality players.

3. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

That's my thoughts on the subject exactly. There's simply no reason for teams in the west to do the Lakers a favor and help them become a dominant team. If the Cavs were in the West, they probably wouldn't want to trade Lebron to Houston for that same reason. When you are flipping your franchise player, it's always best to trade them to the other conference so that you don't end up stuck behind that team for the foreseeable future.

clutchdabear likes this.
  4. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

People don’t remember that this happened all season long. They constantly took turns. It was harden most nights, cp3 practically the rest and a couple nights role players hit big shots from passes these 2 made.

I specifically remember cp3 saying “I got chu, I got chu”.

I also remember a night where during the last few possessions they both took turns, literally every other possession, they took turns trying to create from the elbow post up.

No one ever questions anything, until the haters come out or ESPN starts the campaign

5. whiskeyred

whiskeyred Contributing Member

Impossible to get anything done this time of year

eric.81, DonKnock, sammy and 2 others like this.
  6. Vivi

Vivi Member

I'm listening to some Tower of Power at max volume to cheer me up [​IMG]

bulkatron likes this.
  7. aroundtheblock2

I could see a guy like Paul George who isn't tight with CP3 thinking this way, but i can't see LeBron James who knows CP3 very very well thinking this way.

Raisin and clutchdabear like this.
  8. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Exactly, DV. Perfect illustration of the shenanigans.

9. alethios

alethios Member

You're doing what you always do - say a lot without saying anything of substance or specifics. You just speak in an obfuscated way and don't really give any details that an insider would give. Then you go and insult someone by telling them to do their own research when you are clearly claiming an insider's perspective.

10. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

When LeBron is evaluating LA and Houston he could be thinking that Houston has the best chance to win but that LA can be "good enough." And that might be enough to put it over the top for LeBron.

With LA, they are frictionless. They have the cap room. With Houston LeBron has to ask Dan Gilbert to trade him.
    With LA, the LeBron family situation is self explanatory.
    With LA, perhaps LeBron see himself plus PG and young assets to trade for vets is good enough to get close enough to Houston's level.

"good enough." That's the key.

amaru, BigMaloe, REEKO_HTOWN and 2 others like this.
  11. desihooper

desihooper Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

#StrengthInNumbers

12. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

in all fairness, pringles and cp3 both said immediately after the game that harden was playing sick that night

13. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Add that if he goes to LA and doesn't win a title no one will hold that against him. If he does it will be AMAZING! ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE!!!

If he joins Houston and they still lose to Golden State he will be trashed.

14. desihooper

desihooper Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I tried to tell ya, bro :mad:

15. amaru

amaru Member

You can be close with someone but also see the truth.

J.R. likes this.
  16. amaru

amaru Member

You mean it only has to make sense to LeBron? Careful, I for a 5 paragraph lecture for saying the same thing.

BigMaloe and justtxyank like this.
  17. J.R.

J.R. Member

He was besties with Dwyane Wade in Miami, saw him get old and left.

It's not crazy that LeBron would have concerns about Chris Paul holding up, whether he's the godfather and best friend or not.

Hell, half of us have concerns about Chris Paul holding up & don't want to offer a max deal.

Wade:
    2010-11(29) 76 games
    2011-12(30) 49 games
    2012-13(31) 69 games
    2013-14(32) 54 games

Paul:
    2014-15(29) 82 games
    2015-16(30) 74 games
    2016-17(31) 61 games
    2017-18(32) 58 games

18. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

It actually seems more like if LeBron goes to LA and doesn’t win it will be a lot of Kobe sh*tting on him publicly to prop himself up in the GOAT conversation.

19. rocketman84

rocketman84 Member

Yea but harden is durable AF

everyday eddie likes this.
  20. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Not only did he leave him, but he didn't tell him he was leaving.

People forget how Lebron left Miami.

He didn't take any free agent visits. He privately met with Dan Gilbert to make sure they could co-exist, then took some time to think about it. He didn't know who the GM was of Cleveland, didn't know anything about the coach, didn't care about the roster, etc. He wanted the owner to look him in the eye and say he would pay the luxury tax and all that, went home and then announced via the reporter that he was going home. Cleveland didn't know it was coming, Wade didn't know, etc.