1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[2.0]Cyberex, paging Cyberex...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Two Sandwiches, Feb 17, 2016.

1. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

[​IMG]

hakeem94 likes this.
  2. Nook

Nook Member

The Pacers traded him for a lot of reasons, one of them being that they did not trust him........ especially after telling teammates he was leaving, telling the Pacers he was staying and then three days later telling the Pacers he was indeed leaving.

Anyone that trusts Paul George at this point is a fool. As Hibbert what happened when he trusted George.

George is a very impressionable person, and not overly bright.

If I were OKC I wouldn't trust anything he says.

Mazulis, slothy420, Vivi and 3 others like this.
  3. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

No the sky isn't falling but you'll be more nervous than a w**** in church because of Chris Paul's eventual injury.

Paul has missed over 15 games a season for the last 3 years and that isn't going to change. You can't rely on him playing more than 30 minutes a game in the playoffs. You basically have to hope the Warriors have an injury to 1/4 of their all-star for us to have a chance.

4. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Well the same people are saying that Paul is a lock to get hurt. With that thinking, Lebron doesn't come here anyway if it's a damn near guarantee that he won't finish the postseason.

5. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

I agree with you. I think he is a liar but I do think he's been clear about wanting to go to the Lakers. I think all of the noise about maybe staying in OKC is 100% his agent trying to protect the fact that he's been talking to the Lakers for two years.

BigMaloe and steddinotayto like this.
  6. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Okay, then our season is doomed before it starts. You need time to get over what happened.. I was a bit bummed about it for 2 seconds driving into work. It's just too soon for some.

7. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Dude Paul's going to get hurt again. He's 33 and that's just what happens. If your goal is to win a championship we need another player the can help take us over the the top against the Warriors if and when Paul gets hurt. Why can't you just be practical. This isn't doom and gloom. It's just the reality of having a 33 year old point guard.

Little Bit likes this.
  8. Nemospl

Nemospl Member

He's OUR average role player!!!

clutchdabear and Killatron 2000 like this.
  9. amaru

amaru Member

Don’t see too many ways left to upgrade. I suppose the focus shifts to Evans now.

10. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Let's not get so gloomy so fast. There is quite a chasm between LBJ, PG, and, say, Tyreke Evans.

sammy, steddinotayto and justtxyank like this.
  11. amaru

amaru Member

I really don’t see any impact players beyond the top two and it appears they are LA bound. Who else do you see out there?

12. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Tyreke Evans doesn't do much for me personally.

1Deep and YOLO like this.
  13. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

True that!

I'd be fine keeping him, but not at a huge number and not at the expense of not trying to upgrade there.... not that after Lebron and KD there are really any good SF free agents.

Jerami Grant would be interesting, but you'd be hoping for upside there... not a proven commodity yet.

14. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

I can't speak for anyone else, but my reasons for wanting LeBron(provided we don't have to gut the team) were A) he'd make us the favorite to win it all and B) I want the Rockets to be so dominating and unstoppable that it ruins the NBA season for Adam Silver. That corrupt, anemic-looking POS deserves it. I'm still furious about the Scott Foster screwjob.

And on that topic, that's why I'm freaking out. The Rockets did everything right this past season, had the Warriors down 3-2, were doing fine without CP3, and got blatantly f'ed over by the league. Why would any fan not expect the exact same outcome a year from now? If we're 3-3 vs Golden State in the WCF and have Game 7 at home, does anyone seriously think Silver won't dispatch Foster, Brothers and/or Mauer to ensure the NBA gets the Warriors in the Finals again? And God help us if we're facing a LeBron-led Lakers team in the same scenario. It'll be an even worse screwjob.

15. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

I would be a supporter of moving Ryan Anderson's contract and pick(s) for Kent Bazemore. A little undersize to be a 3 but what he can potentially bring is tons better than what Anderson gave us last year. Plus, ATL is on a TankFest tour next year and Anderson helps that cause.

16. amaru

amaru Member

We might be left looking at options in this range...so be ready.

17. HOUSTON2017

HOUSTON2017 Member

hope not :( We need a 3rd Star (And no Capela is not our 3rd Star ) no matter what you think.

18. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

There's obviously questions of repeat-ability and health.

But he's shot 35%+ from three ... for three straight years. He put up his best per 100 stats of his career last year - which while not surprising since he should be at prime age wise, is surprising considering the trajectory of his career previously.

He played more games with better production on a similarly bad team as EG did the year before we signed him.

Of course that was the year of mass $$$ because of the huge cap jump. That aside, I could see an EG like contract from some team.

hakeem94 and DonKnock like this.
  19. amaru

amaru Member

I agree that we need a third star. I just don’t see 3 stars out there right now.

20. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

I didn't realize Bazemore shot nearly 40% from 3 last season. How is his defense? He's basically got the same contract as Ryno, so barring luxury tax concerns, that would be a nice swap. Bazemore does have a player option next summer, but I imagine he'll opt in with nearly 20 million guaranteed.

If the Rockets did do a deal like that though, we'd need a backup 4. Unless we plan on going small with Ariza and Luc filling that role.