1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[2.0]Cyberex, paging Cyberex...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Two Sandwiches, Feb 17, 2016.

1. HOUSTON2017

HOUSTON2017 Member

:( Thanks for the info Cyber (Keep them coming) Regardless if good news for rockets or not (I still believe in your inside info)

is there anything else you are hearing on the Rockets? I mean is CP3 a lock? If so are we trying for Cousins?
    any other star player? Are they really looking on trading Capela, maybe bring in Deandre Jordan. I know alot of questions jaja. Hoping atleast 1 or 2 get answered

DonKnock and amaru like this.
  2. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

This feels a lot like when we were waiting for Howard. LA has such a strong influence on the league and the market it creates that natural inertia for whomever or whatever to break in their favor. That hasn't happened in awhile though and I don't know if that makes the odds more or less likely. What has Magic done as an exec? Maybe there are some successes but I am not sure of them. What team wants to trade for Lonzo Ball with the spectacle that is his family and his jump shot? I personally don't care if PG goes to LA or stays in OKC. Kind of the same for me. B/W LA and OKC, whomever loses out on PG is a goner.

We are probably the best positioned of any team. We don't have to lose anyone and we will be able to upgrade (not sure to the extent though). Ultimately, I expect LBJ to force his way here toward the butt end of the month and IMO that process has already started in the media. Plan A probably whoops the Warriors ass. Plan B probably keeps us right there with them, improved over this last year. We had a very good season. We are playing with house money in these early stages of 18-19.

hakeem94 likes this.
  3. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

I won't pretend to know what's really going on, but Woj is pretty trustworthy and his report is that this meeting is about Kawhi trying to get the max offer from the Spurs. Hard to believe his issue is with Pop.

Who knows though.

4. SS0101

SS0101 Member

Other than money? Money is THE reason. Also, if the most recent reports are true then it sounds like Leonard's contract will outlive Pop's tenure, no? And in reference to Aldridge, that is exactly what I mean when he complained about offensive sets...he supposedly didnt like the sets that were integrated to make Aldridge happy. I mean if you think about it...Leonard and Aldridge occupy many of the same spots on the floor minus the 3 point line.

ThaShark316_28 and hakeem94 like this.
  5. cyberx

cyberx Member

We have a smart one that thinks outside of the box :)

whiskeyred, Raisin, bulkatron and 2 others like this.
  6. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

My hope is:

Kawhi back to SA
    PG back to OKC because Lebron picked Houston.

Logically speaking, Kawhi returning makes me question Lebron going to LA even more. There would be too much competition. Again, I gotta see it to believe it. He will have to put up with GS, Houston, and SA. In the East, it's just Boston and he could go to Philly and get to the Finals easy again.

7. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Or it feels like the offseason of Durant. This board was hyping that offseason up. Basketballholic was telling folks it was a done deal that Durant was coming here. The Rockets CLEARLY had been hoping to go all in on Durant. No one in the media thought we had a chance, then as free agency approached it got announced he wouldn't even meet with us. People here still didn't give up lol. Holic said it was just a conspiracy and that he had already told Harden he was signing here haha. Oh boy, those were good times.

Here's what we can confirm 100%:
    -Tim Legler has reported that Lebron personally toured a school in Philly for his kids. He can put his life on it because he has a connection to the school.
    -Multiple sources tied Lebron to school tours in LA that he had reasons for
    -Gary Payton, who has no reason to make this up, says Lebron's kids have already committed to a school in LA
    -Cyber says the same thing about the school in LA
    -The Lakers are convinced they are getting both Lebron and Paul George
    -Paul George acts like a douche and laughs about whether he and Lebron are teaming up in LA
    -A Cleveland beat writer says she heard from Lebron directly that he doesn't like the city of Houston
    -Tim Kawakami reported that he heard Lebron didn't like the idea of playing with James Harden
    -Woj has reported that Lebron was at the very least going to consider LA
    -Multiple reporters have said his wife wants to live in LA full time now

That's all we have from credible sources. That's it. We can manufacture a lot of theories on a message board, but the reality is that a lot of IN YOUR FACE stuff suggests Lebron to LA at this point and the only thing suggesting Lebron to Houston is his friend Chris Paul being here and us saying it's the best chance to win a title. Reality is that Lebron has always created his title teams. He likes to control an organization, not just join a roster.

We'll see.

8. cyberx

cyberx Member

What has Magic done? He traded the Mozgov contract to BKN for salary cap relief AND the pick that brought Kyle Kuzma back. Yes, they gave up DLO, but still, got a nice return. Drafted Lonzo, not a bad deal. Then traded the bad contract of Jordan Clarkson with Larry Nance for IT, Frye AND A PICK BACK. I still cant believe they got a pick back. That created almost 15 mil in cap space. He also drafted Josh Hart at the very end of the first round. Not bad so far.

whiskeyred, joshuaao and hakeem94 like this.
  9. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Absolutely.

I think the rumors tarted though because on the whole their bench hasn't been as good as it used to be apparently.
    At least that's what it looks like on the surface and what the media guys say.

And I guess when you factor in Iggy and Livingston aging, no more Barbosa, Fezeli, Speights, etc.

But Looney was good. Nick Young had his moments. And Quin Cook and Jordan Bell gave them exactly what they needed given their age and skill-set.

I don't see why the GSW would want Ariza... if only because he's not been very good.

steddinotayto likes this.
  10. treyk3

treyk3 Member

Clearly tampering. Magic Johnson doesn't care, and it's not like the league is going to actually going to hit the Lakers with a real penalty. If you guys get a super team after being ran into the ground for so long, it's going to be a terrible look for the league. Morey tried his best only to realize that players will find a way to go to LA, Miami or New York despite the quality of team.

Hard_foul, DonKnock and justtxyank like this.
  11. HoustonCRT

HoustonCRT Member

I've been sitting here for a week now thinking Ariza would go back to LA if they pick up LeBron and now my nightmare might be a reality. Morey save us.

amaru likes this.
  12. SS0101

SS0101 Member

I missed it! What and where is the codman post?

13. HOUSTON2017

HOUSTON2017 Member

Lebron is going to LA (we need to move on) sad to say it, but seems like hes not coming.

14. cyberx

cyberx Member

I really don't understand why Rockets fans are freaking out? You realize that the Rockets had the BEST record in the NBA without LBJ, without PG? Rockets were a CP injury away from winning a ship. I dont get all the freaking out.

15. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

What are people scared of losing Ariza? He's an average role player.

16. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Lol at this rate the Lakers can trade Deng, Ingram and a pick to Cleveland to bring in Kevin Love. Draft Zhaire Smith to take Kuzma's spot off the bench.

Ball
    Kuzma
    George
    LeBron
    Love

Hart
    Smith

Insane....

justtxyank likes this.
  17. jacoby

jacoby Member

We had no insurance when CP got hurt and this is an old team that is getting older. We need insurance. That third wtar will put us over the top and we are gonna lose out on everyone because the Lakers of all f'n teams can worm their way to the top once again.

DonKnock likes this.
  18. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

These percentages seem pretty realistic. Getting LBJ to Houston is a jump through so many hoops. The Lakers can get LBJ and PG with less effort (and even handsomely compensate OKC GM in the process, damnit).

19. HoustonCRT

HoustonCRT Member

It's going to be hard to have another season like that with everyone a year older and another superteam to compete with in the playoffs. This year really should have been ours.