1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[2.0]Cyberex, paging Cyberex...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Two Sandwiches, Feb 17, 2016.

1. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

No reason to extend Gordon. He has two years left and unless the last year is a player option his contract is trade bait.

I’m think Morey is planning on having a max slot in 2020. That’s when $36 million from Anderson and Gordon are gone.

2. KingBenny92

KingBenny92 Member

One year left I think.... If he won't sign an extension they could look to see what they can get for him.

3. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

yeah, when i think about it ...we have nothing to offer but high draft picks, which should be enough to entice a team heading into rebuilding mode to trade an impact veteran player, but then we have the problem of creating enough cap space to take on that kind of a contract. Anderson strikes again. And of course we need our draft picks to entice a team to take on Anderson. So it feel like a catch 22 to me.

i'm really perplexed as to what Morey can do. It doesn't appear to me that he has many good options. But i am absolutely sure he'll do something to improve the team.

4. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Keep in mind that CLE might have a slight (but tangible) advantage.

Lebron's rare No Trade Clause will expire if he signs with anyone other than CLE and MIA.

CLE and MIA are the only teams LBJ can recharge his No Trade clause with (signing a new one), and it could work out whereby Lebron can extend the contract (and thus NTC) into retirement, such that no team can turn him into a trade piece in his twilight years, like what happened to Shaq.

DonKnock likes this.
  5. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

LOL. pls stay

6. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

EG is a free agent next summer.

Edit: no he is not and yes there would be no reason to extend then

So his trade value is pretty high. That is a nice deal for someone to receive

7. J.R.

J.R. Member

8. mrm32

mrm32 Member

FA in 2020. He has the 18-19 season and 19-20 season left.

9. marky :)

marky :) Member

Oh em gee. I thought we had a 95% chance of getting lebron. :eek:

steddinotayto likes this.
  10. malakas

malakas Member

This season he is no trade bait. It's next season.
    This season there will be MANY roleplayers who will have to accept peanuts and will be better bargains.

11. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Unfortunately our reality is that we probably need most if not all of our non-taxpayer MLE to re-sign Mbah a Moute and then sign up our 2nds.

Hopefully Mbah a Moute takes the non-bird rights deal so we can have SOME money to try to grab a free agent, but you are asking guys to take big paycuts even from the MLE they can get elsewhere. I'll look for the Rockets to find some way to turn a trade of Ryno into a new piece, even a TPE. They are really handcuffed right now in ways to improve the team.

marky :) and J.R. like this.
  12. sabesque

sabesque Member

alright so now can we focus on what's going to make our team (the team that was a hammy away from the title) better?

13. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

Once the Rockets re-sign CP3 and Capela, they will be so far over the cap that simply letting Gordon and Anderson’s deals expire won’t create enough cap space to offer a max contract.

jboslett and steddinotayto like this.
  14. luckyman76

luckyman76 Member

This is where I am at. It sounds good but we had a unique situation on LBJ but not on Jimmy Buckets. My guess is he goes at the deadline for far more assets than what we have. I was only willing to trade EGo or Tucker in an LBJ situation. Now they are untouchable. We need to resign our own FAs and turn Ryno into something other than a paper weight now that we have clarity. We need to look at other expiring contracts/situations and players that could help us. Just like back to the LBJ stuff I am sure Morey has to option z, I just want to see what he does. If we can grab any talent at all with the Ryno contract that could be enough for us. I still think Melo gets bought out at some point so I would not dangle Ryno for that unless absolutely necessary because you would have to attach a pick. Again, I think Morey looks at a step down trade versus the two pick formula that he has rejected. That was simply for bigger fish.

15. malakas

malakas Member

Bosh passed on Morey. He got a lifelong disease.
    Bogut passed on Morey. He got injured immediately and is out of the league.
    Lebron???? Already fell off a cliff this morning.

:)

16. hongxingli

hongxingli Contributing Member

let's move on then, I still like our chance next year if we can turn Anderson + picks into some semi useful player and sign a shooter with the MLE and hopefully one of our rookies turns out be a rotational player.

RyanB likes this.
  17. HoustonCRT

HoustonCRT Member

I know it's a joke and all but please let's not put any bad juju on LeBron or any other player

titobrown, malakas and jch1911 like this.
  18. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Could CP3 teach Leborn to have heart for cliff diving?

19. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

I removed the post, no need to rub it in.

marky :) and Deuce like this.
  20. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

_holic is probably waiting for "the other shoe to drop" so that why he can tie his "LeBron not coming to Houston" excuse to that item. "LeBron was going to Houston but then "item X" happened and that changed the course.

// LeBron was never going to Houston.

BMoney, heypartner and justtxyank like this.