1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[2.0]Cyberex, paging Cyberex...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Two Sandwiches, Feb 17, 2016.

1. apollo33

apollo33 Member

who told you that

2. esketit

esketit Member

just wait and see.

3. treyk3

treyk3 Member

He's been right on two very big things. He called the Ty Lawson opt out being a prerequisite to the trade. He called the opt in and trade of CP3. These are things that couldn't realistically be him just throwing stuff at a wall. It's fun to hate, but let's give some credit.

Hard_foul likes this.
  4. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

5. Nachobar

Nachobar Where’s my chips?

Here it goes!

6. DaonlyLA

DaonlyLA Member

Ariza got no Handles, He can't create his own shot.. We need someone who can go off for 30 besides Harden and CP3 on any given night.

#5146 DaonlyLA, Jun 29, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2018
    Cstyle42 likes this.
  7. J.R.

J.R. Member

Thunder or Lakers (Mentioned Celtics/Clippers in his documentary)

Like LeBron, once he opts out(PG already did), odds decrease significantly.

Visit? Maybe he gives a complimentary visit. Signing (or S&T)? Don't count it.

8. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

Kaboom :eek:

Vivi and Killatron 2000 like this.
  9. J.R.

J.R. Member

BT: The Rockets will also likely exercise their team option on Jackson (who is not trade-eligible until July 11 due to when he was signed), especially since his 2018-19 salary is non-guaranteed. While the 2017 CBA has changed the rules regarding how much non-guaranteed contracts can count for salary matching purposes, Houston and Jackson can always elect to amend his contract in order to guarantee his salary, in whole or in part, to the extent necessary to make a trade work.

10. SS0101

SS0101 Member

But there is really no such thing as "opting out." Only an opt-in deadline. In fact didnt CP3 say he was opting out last summer up until the deadline or close to it when he said I will opt-in and trade me? So technically PG13 is still up against the opt-in deadline, regardless of him "saying" he wont opt-in. I could be wrong but that is the way that I understand it.

UTSA2step, DaonlyLA and heypartner like this.
  11. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

Players have to notify the league if they are opting out. @aelliott posted about this yesterday.

D-rock and Trackwell like this.
  12. clutch citizen

clutch citizen Contributing Member

When does PG’s third episode release? If it’s supposed to release today, he’s gonna announce his decision sometime today before it airs. Coincides with LeBroption Day. Today is shaping up to be a good Laker Day

13. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Can someone confirm if this is the case:

The ONLY reasonable scenario that sees LeBron on the Rockets requires him to opt in today.

At that point, will he need to be traded to us today or can he be traded to us at a later date?

@heypartner @JR or anyone else who would know.

Thanks.

I'm sure this has been addressed dozens of times a day but I haven't been following; my heart isn't strong enough.

rocketman84 likes this.
  14. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

He can be traded here whenever if he opts in. The issue is, he loses all leverage if he opts in and they don't trade him today. @The Cat spoke about this. If there is no trade on the table, and he opts in with the intent to eventually be traded, he could be in the same boat as Kawhi is.

Haymitch and R0ckets03 like this.
  15. SS0101

SS0101 Member

Which I understand. But the only deadline is the "opt-in" deadline. They can say whatever they want up until that deadline when they actually have to tell the league one way or the other.

16. Trackwell

Trackwell Member

He needs to opt in today or it will basically be over. If he opts in , Cleveland can trade him whenever. Doesn’t have to be today. Today is the big day though. I think he will opt in

17. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Flip that.

Player Options and Team Options are exercised. You have a deadline to tell the league you are picking them up...or Opting-In. There is no need to say Opt-out, as that will occur if you don't exercise the Option.

aelliott did remind us that an ETO is different -- Early Termination Option. You tell the league you are taking your early termination option, ie Opting-Out. But PG doesn't have an ETO. He has a regular Player Option.

DonKnock, D-rock, zigzag and 2 others like this.
  18. Erbnwarfare

Erbnwarfare Member

Need a hollic bomb

No Chill Rocket likes this.
  19. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

Not accurate. He said we would never get Lawson with his contract, which we did and just re-worked it immediately afterwards. Technically he was wrong.

I don’t know about the CP3 thing because I already blocked him by then, but that doesn’t mean much. There were only 3 ways to get CP3 and the only one where everyone wins is an opt-in where CP3 is guaranteed a contract later.

20. jakedasnake

jakedasnake Member

From the Zach Lowe article:

• Denver, with Nikola Jokic on a new deal, is set to be more than $10 million above the tax before accounting for Will Barton, whom the Nuggets would like to re-sign. Dumping both Kenneth Faried and Darrell Arthur would probably not crack open enough space to ink Barton and safely duck the tax. Denver could also explore sloughing away Mason Plumlee or Wilson Chandler.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...review-lebron-james-paul-george-kawhi-leonard

Dumping Anderson to Denver doesn't necessarilymake sense, but Morey somehow getting Faried, Plumlee, or Wilson Chandler could be possible. Or if Denver were to "slough" them as Lowe puts it. Wilson Chandler could be a buyout candidate at some point. With the Rockets currently constructed, you just need players with talent and a decent IQ and their game should be elevated going from mediocre teams to an elite team with 2 all-time playmakers.

DonKnock and D-rock like this.