1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[2.0]Cyberex, paging Cyberex...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Two Sandwiches, Feb 17, 2016.

1. riko

riko Member

Suns can absorb our salary dump pieces like Ryno and I guess the staple pieces might be Gordon. Suns now are loaded with young talent so Ryno and Eric could help their kids.plus the suns in 2012 signed Eric only for thePelicans matched it so the interest has been there before

#3481 riko, Jun 26, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2018
  2. AkeemOlaDROwon

@itsoktobealone

Didn’t even read your diatribe but it screams “single, 8 online dating profiles, and no friends”. Who would waste their time to type that much?!? Dude even bolded words and changed font sizes! My girlfriend and her friends even laughed when I quick scrolled through and said “if you type up entries longer than your own dick, you may have a problem”. Thank you so much for the laughs! Dedicate your time to your own life so you can get out of your moms basement. I’ll start a GoFund me for you, good luck!

#3482 AkeemOlaDROwon, Jun 26, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2018
  3. Vivi

Vivi Member

That's true, i remember that, but i'm not sure how Gordon would fit there as today, coming off the bench behind Booker? Don't see it. I mean, he would be basically forced to adapt for at least one season but...i think there would be another team involved if Gordon is gone.

4. lakersuck2

lakersuck2 Member

That's a lot to say about a team that sucks.

DonKnock and malakas like this.
  5. Outlier

Outlier Member

Few Staples??

6. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Whos his guy?

7. Vivi

Vivi Member

I guess Ryan, Nene, Nanu, Gordon...maybe Trevor...i mean, i wouldn't write off Clint too since we don't really know what the hell is going to happen eventually.

I guess Wade? Not sure who would be his guy on the current Cavs, maybe Thompson? Definitely not J.R. lol

8. fckbandwagons

fckbandwagons Member

You and the Laker fan base is a joke. 2 #2 overall pics, trash. Ingram, supposedly the next KD, trash. Team can't even get to .500 in the past 5 years. Trash team.

BHannes2BHonest and DonKnock like this.
  9. J.R.

J.R. Member

LBJ ain't coming.

Staples ... Gordon, Ariza(free agent), Mbah a Moute(free agent), hopefully not Tucker.

joshuaao and justtxyank like this.
  10. j@amc

j@amc Member

I thought "his guy" was always Napier, a RFA for now (until Portland renounces him).

clutchdabear and jch1911 like this.
  11. 1Deep

1Deep Member

Can we please move on from the LBJ is coming B.S.?

It sounded good for a while but the writing is clearly on the wall at this point.

And James is trippin too if he really thinks we have enough right now.

We definitely need another playmaker and creator but it's time to let go of the PG or LBJ pipe dream.

rocketman84 likes this.
  12. izeroi

izeroi Member

Simple solution. Don't expect it to happen and just prepare for a backup plan so you don't get disappointed.

As much as I'd like either of them to come here I'm just not getting that sense that it'll happen.

13. riko

riko Member

I don’t think Trevor would be retained if Lebron comes here so another staple is Trevor. Eric and Ryno are goners as well.

14. jch1911

jch1911 Member

I thought this as well or Jeff Green (or D Wade)

15. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Lol codman you shouldn’t be doing this to people here man. You’ll get them convinced again that lebron wants to be here and when he doesn’t come they’ll blame harden

Vivi, Bobsputin and apollo33 like this.
  16. hibbetts

hibbetts Member

The joke's on you....get real (if that's possible out there in La La land)!

17. Bobsputin

Bobsputin Member

My thoughts too. Spent the weekend and Monday damping the flames to my "LBJ coming to Houston" hopes. They were almost all gone. Then @Codman comes and throws some sparks on the smoldering embers. Thanks. @Codman.

:p:(:D

DonKnock likes this.
  18. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

I'm fine with Ariza leaving.
    I'm fine with Luc leaving.
    I'm fine with Gordon getting traded.
    I'm definitely fine with Anderson gone.

All of these moving pieces point to the fact that there's something brewing to make this team even better than last year's. WORST case scenario is that they bring back the team from last year and we'll just win 55+ games again.

hakeem94 likes this.
  19. J.R.

J.R. Member

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...bron-james-given-us-clues-staying-home-summer

The team that has several people close to James on the payroll: Randy Mims as its executive administrator of player programs and logistics; Brandon Weems as its director of scouting; Mike Mancias as its athletic trainer and athletic performance liaison. The team that accepts James' personal biochemist, Donnie Raimon, within its inner sanctuary.
    What Are the Potential Ripple Effects of LeBron's Decision?

Editor's note: Every day this week—heading into the start of free agency on Sunday—Bleacher Report will look at every angle of LeBron James' upcoming decision with reports and features from our most plugged-in NBA reporters. Today, B/R looks at all the people affected directly, and indirectly, by LeBron's choice.
    Part 1: LeBron's On-Court Options Are Limitless

Chris Paul and the current Rockets better get used to seeing each other: The chatter on the NBA front office grapevine is consistent with reporting from ESPN's Brian Windhorst and the Akron Beacon Journal's Marla Ridenour in recent weeks: James' family is not enamored with the idea of relocating to Houston. Add to that reporting from ESPN's Stephen A. Smith that Paul is telling people that James is heading to Los Angeles, and you have the Rockets positioned as the odd man out in a high-stakes game of musical chairs.

Though Paul and Harden represent the kind of talented and cerebral players that James has said he wants to play with, James has also made it clear that "the folks that have been with me for the last 20 years will have a say-so."

Rockets GM Darryl Morey is on record as being obsessed with beating the Warriors. If James turns him down, where does that leave the Rockets in that quest? As USA Today's Sam Amick reported, "There remains a strong sense within Rockets circles that [Paul] is staying put." Rival execs tell B/R they fully expect Morey to move quickly and aggressively to Plan B if LeBron says no to Houston, perhaps even putting on a full-court press to pry Paul George from Oklahoma City.

If that doesn't work, the sensible path would be to keep several key players from the team that lost to Golden State in the Western Conference Finals—players who would've been jettisoned to make room for James. As ESPN.com's Kevin Pelton reported, the surest path for the Rockets to get LeBron would be for James to opt in for 2018-19 and get traded to Houston. Outside of the unlikely event that Morey is able to find a taker for Ryan Anderson (owed nearly $42 million over the next two years), he'd have to send out Eric Gordon, PJ Tucker, Nene and at least three more players to make a LeBron trade work. If LeBron to Houston is a non-starter, the fortunes of nearly half the Rockets roster would be altered. And Paul—like James—would be left wondering if he'll have enough to dethrone the Warriors.
    http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/23907929/2018-nba-free-agency-lebron-james-paul-george-lakers-do

4. Based on what you expect to happen, what's the best basketball decision for LeBron?

Windhorst:
    There is no perfect situation. It may come down to choosing between the future of the Lakers and the Cavs. Cleveland needs to hope home matters.

Herring: Even if James were to pair up with another star (or two) in L.A., he'd still be surrounded by young Lakers supporting cast that might still need another year or two to develop into a championship-caliber club. Philadelphia would put him alongside Ben Simmons, who, for all his talent, hasn't shown he can play off the ball yet. So while the Houston scenario involves a number of hurdles, it still likely represents James' best, most realistic shot at winning a title next season.

MacMullan: The Lakers. Unless he whispers sweet nothings in Pop's ear and hypnotizes him into letting Kawhi go, then drags along Paul George in tow, LeBron likely won't win a title next season in Los Angeles, since Golden State's snipers show all signs of remaining intact. But L.A. has more young talent than the Cavs, and this change of venue could be appealing to his family.

And then there's the biggest factor: ownership. Jeanie Buss is tough, smart, savvy, compassionate and respectful of superstar talent. She paid close attention to one of the greatest owners in NBA history -- her father -- and took copious notes. LeBron's frustrations with Cavs owner Dan Gilbert, who eviscerated him in print last time James left, are well-documented.

Pelton: In the short term, if an opt-in and trade were feasible, I would try to join the Houston Rockets because I think that presents far and away the best opportunity to win a championship over the next couple of seasons.

Marks: To stay in Cleveland on a two-year contract (one year plus a player option). Yes, the critics will ask why he would return to a team that just got swept by Golden State. But an All-Star we sometimes forget in Kevin Love, the infusion of youth with Collin Sexton and contracts that can be moved in George Hill or Kyle Korver give Cleveland the opportunity to return to an NBA Finals for a fifth straight season.

5. What's your one bold prediction for summer trades and/or free agency?

MacMullan:
    My bold prediction is someone will throw a pile of money at Capela and the Rockets might have to swallow hard and let him walk. Let's not forget that this team was one hamstring away from winning an NBA title. Capela improved by leaps and bounds (thanks, in part, to Chris Paul importing Lob City to Texas) and outplayed both Karl-Anthony Towns and Rudy Gobert in the postseason. I'm sure he wants to stay, but again, I answer with the all-too-common refrain in free agency: At what price?

Marks: Chalk with be the theme of the NBA in July. LeBron James will stay with Cleveland, Paul George with Oklahoma City and Chris Paul with Houston. The free agency buzz will turn to the Kawhi Leonard watch in San Antonio.

everyday eddie and Vivi like this.
  20. treyk3

treyk3 Member

TLDR, these summer trolls are obnoxious.